Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 Z vs Lt1

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 05:47 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 99 Z vs Lt1

My car has been down for awhile while I was swapping in my 5.3 and finally got her on the road tonight and I noticed my neighbor picked up a 4th gen Z28 LT1 white camaro with black stripes, nice black wheels and an SS spoiler and I seen him while I was out and decided to mess with him....first he keeps doing ricer fly bys and we're at a light and ease into it (was a little wet from the rain still) I spun thru 3rd gear while pedaling it and he caught traction almost instantly and I still nosed past him.

Then we slowed for traffic and he rolls down his window and yells that "I dont got **** on his car and to race him when its dry cause his ain't stock". Now I think wow what a douche...maybe he can back it up? he takes off and nails it and I don't hear any whining for a F/I of any sort, and it sounds exactly the same as my buddies LT1 formula with a flowmaster 80 series.

I'm not sure if he is really that cocky or has never raced an Ls1 let alone a cammed/intake 5.3 which puts out almost the same power as an ls1 with the same cam....Not really a kill but it will be if I find him tommorow, I'll make sure to have a vid. Maybe I can convince him to trade me spoilers if I win haha

Also, my car isn't tuned with the new swap and I know its not in its full potential but I still think it will walk him easily.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't race him untuned. Try to get a day bid when you do though