Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo LT1, a Harley and stupid Ricer (stupid long post)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 03:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Turbo LT1, a Harley and stupid Ricer (stupid long post)

Short version at bottom.

Driving down the frontage road in Mexico I pass by a Harley dealer and see a brand new Harley sitting at the stop light ahead. The road merges ahead as you get onto the freeway and I think nothing of it as I creep up beside him. As the opposing light turns yellow the man on the Harley starts to rev his motor and creep forward. The light turn’s red and he’s ready to go, but found out there was a turning arrow and calmed down for a second. After he sees the turning arrow turn yellow he’s back at it and ready to go. Finally our light goes green and he takes off in an attempt to twist the handle bars off the bike making many people ears bleed in the process. I follow suit but leave gently and roll into the throttle, as I slowly slingshot past him my ears begin to bleed from his loud bike and he hears my turbo whistling away. At the top of second about 1 car length in front of him I hit a bump and temporarily loose traction, shift to 3rd and all is well, I turn on my signal and comfortably merge into his lane with him a good ways back. The freeway is clear and thought what the hell ill go into 4th and give it some more. At the top of 3rd I attempt to shift into 4th but miss, RPS zing to 6800. I calm down and resume the posted speed limit. As I was noticing a new vibration “Harley dude” comes up beside me with a SEG and gives me a big thumbs up saying “That ******* fast”. I reply with a thumbs up and “nice bike”. I pull off at the next exit and stop by a gas station to inspect the damage. The plastic cooling fins on the alternator flew apart and it is now out of balance.

Limping the car home I see a silver Scion tissue box that all blacked ahead of me. I once again think nothing of it especially now that my car is hurting. As I start to get close to him on a 4 lane road and he wants to show me how fast it is. I hear him down **** and attempt to kill some weeds, or so it sounded. I was cruising In 5th keeping RPM’s low and just sort of stayed there so I could laugh. The posted limit was 45 and we were approaching 55 I backed off expecting he would do the same as there was housing ahead where kids were known to play. I have no idea what the hell he was thinking as he just continued to accelerate and began dodging in and out of cars. I stuck to the speed limit and soon caught up as he was waiting to turn, as I passed he just stared and laughed thinking he won or something.

Raced a new Harley and beat him fairly easily.
Hurt my car
Lost to Rice?

Just trying to kill some time so thought I would share.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

was it a vrod by any chance?
Old 06-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by willizm
was it a vrod by any chance?

I have no idea. It looked like a comfy cruiser but sportier.

Edit: I pulled away from him about as fast as I pulled away from a 2010+ SS with paper tags earlier this month. So it was fairly quick.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice kill.

The majority of Harleys are slow. Vrods are pretty quick though.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

vrod the same as that screaming eagle package?
Old 06-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 71novaguy
no, not even close. harley hardcore types would be irate you even put them into the same sentence: the vrod is a brand new modern, liquid cooled engine NOT made my harley (made for harley by a very reputable engine builder of exotic engines but I forgot who) that is a really nice engine actually.

Vrod's look less like a harley then 2/3rds of the wannabe harley japanese crowd: it's a muscle bike, there version of the Vmax. Friend had one, thing got with it pretty good once he did a couple mods. probably a low 11 second bike stock.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Brand new Harleys are not loud. It's not til aftermarket pipes are installed, do they get loud.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

I take it OP is the "Turbo LT1" in the title? How about a signature saying what you have, since you could be rolling a Turbo LT1 2 ton crew cab dually 4x4 for all we know.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts

Vrod's engine is made by Porsche
Old 06-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

Good read, I like the jokes lol
Old 06-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
I take it OP is the "Turbo LT1" in the title? How about a signature saying what you have, since you could be rolling a Turbo LT1 2 ton crew cab dually 4x4 for all we know.

I am far to lazy to make a sig as to what I have currently. I also bought it with the Turbo installed :embarrassed : so there are a few things that are missing . I look forward to the day I get to redo the system. I have already fixed a bunch of problems with it already. .

Originally Posted by Scott97LT1
Good read, I like the jokes lol

I was simply trying to kill some time Friday. I realize it’s far from an exciting kill but I figured I would give my writing skills a test.

Edit: BTW 97 camaro LTwon
Old 06-27-2011, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 71novaguy
You are correct that Screamin' Eagle (SE) is a package, but it is a package available on many models of Harley's. Think about VROD as a Camaro and a Screamin' Eagle package as an SS package. All SS's were Chevrolets, but not all SS's were Camaros. The Sceamin' Eagle version of VROD's over the years (depending on year) had 1250's instead of 1130's, lots more chrome, 230 rear tires instead of 180 and even an allout "strip only" drag version.

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
no, not even close. ......
Actually he was closer than you give him credit for!

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
Vrod's engine is made by Porsche
Absolutely correct ... !
Old 06-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Teching In

^this guy...is absolutely correct
i have beat many a car on my vrod, they are not your average harley