Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.0 vs 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
for some reason i'm starting to like you...i will admit i am narrow minded when it comes to Fords and Chevy's..since i have owned both and raced both..i feel maybe somewhat more worthy to have an opinion about them than alot of other ppl who have only owned one brand and raced one brand...but pretty much everything you say has alot of facts behind it...and i wont argue with facts
Oh he's full of **** and you know it

jk
Old 07-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Teching In

yeah man i'm with you all day long with the whole " our cars are mint still" subject..i got only 58k miles on my procharged 99 SS...i take god care of it and bought it from the original owner who was an old guy who also took care of it...check it out and tell me what you think about it

please forgive my redneckness..and the fact i had all my mods written down..i have alot of mods and i got a bad memory too lol...oh and also the fact i left my keys in the garage lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrRLq...el_video_title
Dude...I have to say that your ride is fkin amazing man! That is a sweet-*** ride and superclean with ***** to back it up! You have me drooling here! Nice. I watched that whole video and was more and more impressed each time you showed something else. Crazy clean car, man.

Last edited by MACH32V; 07-12-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MACH32V
Dude...I have to say that your ride is fkin amazing man! That is a sweet-*** ride and superclean with ***** to back it up! You have me drooling here! Nice. I watched that whole video and was more and more impressed each time you show something else. Crazy clean car, man.
thanks for the kind words about my car..i put alot of money and hard work into it..and to have someone who owns a mustang say they like it that much ...well...it's a breath of fresh air ..it's usually only GM guys saying they love it...the usual Ford guys say things like .."bet it wont' beat a GT500 or it's a POS Chevy "lol...fact is i beat GT500's easily unless they have been modded and even then they still usually dont' win..but i'm sure there are more than a handful out there that would spank me lol...if you would like to see some vids of me racing it just type in my screen name on Youtube wich is also the same as my LS1 tech name ..ilovechevy1..from there you will see my vids and should be able to go to my actual youtube channel and see all the vids...be reminded the car was still silver there...i have'nt been back to the track since i got it painted and added the water meth/ LS6 intake/ EGR removal/ 80MM BBK TB and 60lb injectors as well as more tuning...it was running average 11.3's- 11.4's but i now expect high 10's atleast
Old 07-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Teching In

thanks for the kind words about my car..i put alot of money and hard work into it..and to have someone who owns a mustang say they like it that much ...well...it's a breath of fresh air ..it's usually only GM guys saying they love it...the usual Ford guys say things like .."bet it wont' beat a GT500 or it's a POS Chevy "lol...fact is i beat GT500's easily unless they have been modded and even then they still usually dont' win..but i'm sure there are more than a handful out there that would spank me lol...if you would like to see some vids of me racing it just type in my screen name on Youtube wich is also the same as my LS1 tech name ..ilovechevy1..from there you will see my vids and should be able to go to my actual youtube channel and see all the vids...be reminded the car was still silver there...i have'nt been back to the track since i got it painted and added the water meth/ LS6 intake/ EGR removal/ 80MM BBK TB and 60lb injectors as well as more tuning...it was running average 11.3's- 11.4's but i now expect high 10's atleast
I owned a 2001 Z28 so I am familiar with the Camaro and the LS1 motor. I have nothing but respect for any LSX motor. I am always amazed how much power can be made with heads and cam on a LS motor. Regardless, your card is Badass and clean..there is really nothing anyone can say to change that.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by oddwraith

jk
i was highly pissed with him before..he seemed even more narrow minded than myself lol...i think we both made some valid points when arguing with each other and he did state some facts wich i wont argue with facts...if you told me you **** orange sherbert out your *** i will say bullshit..but if you show me a video of it then i will say..well then i retract me previous statement lol...he seems to like Ford's and we both like GM ..we have our reasons for thinking and knowing Ford is inferior in some ways..and in some ways he feels the same about GM..all we can do man is just keep street racing and going to the track and beating up on high dollar Ford sports cars..i myself should be able to outrun a Ford GT at the drag strip and on the street to a certain top speed of course lol...but if i ever get a video of me beating one ..well...it will be our ace card to pullout anytime a Ford nustswinger says some crazy off the wall stuff..i will produce so said vid..and be like.."what you got to say now" LOL

i owned 2 stangs..the impression they made on me was one of regret for wasting my money...but EVERY GM car i owned.. all the camaro's and Firebird's..even the V6 camaro's too..i felt at home and at peace with them while driving..the stangs to me always felt like i was trying to ice-skate up hill..they just are'nt for me ...BTW man...a black Trans AM....is the BOMBDIGIDY!!...AMERICA ...**** YEAH
Old 07-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MACH32V
I owned a 2001 Z28 so I am familiar with the Camaro and the LS1 motor. I have nothing but respect for any LSX motor. I am always amazed how much power can be made with heads and cam on a LS motor. Regardless, your card is Badass and clean..there is really nothing anyone can say to change that.
I'll drink to that.....(seriously tho i have a cup of Vodka mixed with some Welch's fruit punch in my hand atm )
Old 07-12-2011, 08:24 PM
TECH Regular

since this threads going nowhere anymore.
anyone know wat a Cosworth GTR-6 Mustang is? Saw one when i was getting pizza
Old 07-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Teching In

It's a V6 Mustang with an appearance, brakes and suspension package.

And a Procharger.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

Who gives a ****? Lol. Even the guy you're arguing with doesn't care as much as you obviously seem to.
If you don't care AND you think nobody else does, why'd you waste all that time responding? Just to get some silly comments in?

We're having a discussion here, that's all. Ya ain't GOTTA like it!

You actually think you give us the "entire picture"? Seems like rather you paint YOUR version of the picture and try to pass it off as genuine, as far as I can tell .
When did I say my words are the entire picture? I was, ODDly enough, simply pointing out the things he and others have left out. I never offered a hint that what I said was the entire picture.

Most buyers in the market are not enthusiasts and would buy a slower/uglier car if it is cheaper. Imo.
Slower, yes. Uglier... It'd have to be way cheaper for most to go there. Look at the Aveo... Not much compared to the more expensive Cobalt(now Cruze) and still, it wasn't exactly a barn-burner in the sales department. Price is surely the single biggest factor, but looks need to be acceptable for most.
for some reason i'm starting to like you...i will admit i am narrow minded when it comes to Fords and Chevy's..since i have owned both and raced both..i feel maybe somewhat more worthy to have an opinion about them than alot of other ppl who have only owned one brand and raced one brand...but pretty much everything you say has alot of facts behind it...and i wont argue with facts
Thanks. Now you'll have more of 'em pissed at me JUST because we agreed on something!

I didn't see the entire vid of your car(having trouble loading lately), but from what I did see, it looks exceptional. Still wildly prefer the T/A myself, but that's me and most T/A's don't look as nice as your car, all things considered. Money well spent, because THAT is what you wanted to spend it on. You earned it, so spend it how ya wanna!

jk
JEALOUS!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so uhh...how is the stock rear holding you back again? i don't get it.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:14 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
It's a V6 Mustang with an appearance, brakes and suspension package.

And a Procharger.
is that real wat it has?
pretty sure this the pic of the one i saw today
Old 07-13-2011, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

that 10 bolt with 3.23 gears is really holding me back as i'm sure you know..
Your car would LOVE some gears
Old 07-13-2011, 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Smile

Originally Posted by It'llrun
If you don't care AND you think nobody else does, why'd you waste all that time responding? Just to get some silly comments in?

We're having a discussion here, that's all. Ya ain't GOTTA like it!

When did I say my words are the entire picture? I was, ODDly enough, simply pointing out the things he and others have left out. I never offered a hint that what I said was the entire picture.

Slower, yes. Uglier... It'd have to be way cheaper for most to go there. Look at the Aveo... Not much compared to the more expensive Cobalt(now Cruze) and still, it wasn't exactly a barn-burner in the sales department. Price is surely the single biggest factor, but looks need to be acceptable for most.
Thanks. Now you'll have more of 'em pissed at me JUST because we agreed on something!

I didn't see the entire vid of your car(having trouble loading lately), but from what I did see, it looks exceptional. Still wildly prefer the T/A myself, but that's me and most T/A's don't look as nice as your car, all things considered. Money well spent, because THAT is what you wanted to spend it on. You earned it, so spend it how ya wanna!
JEALOUS!!!
First off it took no time at all And I didn't say no one cared, I asked "who gives a ****"? More of a question lol.

Secondly, you're right I don't have to like it. Doesn't mean I won't get my points in though

Thirdly, when did you say that you were providing the entire picture? Remember this

"You can sit there all day and say, "Well, the Camaro used to be quicker (during whatever years) and for that reason, I think it's stupid to have a Mustang for drag racing." The reality is, racers modify things and for the last 2 decades or more, the Mustang has ruled the roost. Yes, 4th gen and all, Mustangs have been kickin' *** at the track BECAUSE peope modify things. I'm not trying to argue with you. Rather, I'm merely trying to give you reason to see the entire picture instead of one narrow slice of it."

So that's how I took it. You at least implied that you were giving a "reason to see the entire picture..." It's not that you don't provide factual information, it's just that you are selective in what you do provide. It's this selectiveness and the omission of other pertinent facts (like that fact you don't see too many fbodys with FORD POWER, despite the huge advantage in Mustang sales). Just saying that even though there may be a huge amount of sbcs/lsxs out there to pick from, it is not the only reason so many Mustangs have chevy powered swaps. If that was the case, I argue that why then, are there hardly any Ford swapped chevys, if there are so many fox bodys out there to choose from? Just sayin'.

Finally, I agree that the car can't be TOO ugly, but pricepoint is more of an indicator of sales than looks imo. Like I said, look at the 98 T/A compared to the 98 new edge. Better yet compare a 93 to a 93, or a 94 to a 94. I know looks are subjective, but most will agree that the T/A takes it hands down as far as looks

Yes, I am just a little bit jealous But mostly jealous because I can't figure out how to quote individual statements like you do within a multi quote! Soooo, now that I've said all that can you help me figure out how to do that? Lmao.

Note: As you already know, don't take me too seriously on here, I don't

Last edited by oddwraith; 07-13-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

i was highly pissed with him before..he seemed even more narrow minded than myself lol...i think we both made some valid points when arguing with each other and he did state some facts wich i wont argue with facts...if you told me you **** orange sherbert out your *** i will say bullshit..but if you show me a video of it then i will say..well then i retract me previous statement lol...he seems to like Ford's and we both like GM ..we have our reasons for thinking and knowing Ford is inferior in some ways..and in some ways he feels the same about GM..all we can do man is just keep street racing and going to the track and beating up on high dollar Ford sports cars..i myself should be able to outrun a Ford GT at the drag strip and on the street to a certain top speed of course lol...but if i ever get a video of me beating one ..well...it will be our ace card to pullout anytime a Ford nustswinger says some crazy off the wall stuff..i will produce so said vid..and be like.."what you got to say now" LOL

i owned 2 stangs..the impression they made on me was one of regret for wasting my money...but EVERY GM car i owned.. all the camaro's and Firebird's..even the V6 camaro's too..i felt at home and at peace with them while driving..the stangs to me always felt like i was trying to ice-skate up hill..they just are'nt for me ...BTW man...a black Trans AM....is the BOMBDIGIDY!!...AMERICA ...**** YEAH
You related to Killemall? Lol, just kiddin' Sorry for my failure to multi quote here. Btw, I'm Canadian not American, and my car was built up here, in Canada (Sainte-Thérèse, Quebec). It was modified up here too by SLP, in Canada (. **** yeah! Lol. Welcome to tech man and super nice ride! You have probably been lurking here for awhile I suspect, but recently decided to join like so many others. This section is a lot of fun, and I doubt this is the reason people left this site. I think it's natural selection at its finest

Last edited by oddwraith; 07-13-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Banned

You related to Killemall? Lol, just kiddin' Sorry for my failure to multi quote here. Btw, I'm Canadian not American, and my car was built up here, in Canada (Sainte-Thérèse, Quebec). It was modified up here too by SLP, in Canada (. **** yeah! Lol. Welcome to tech man and super nice ride! You have probably been lurking here for awhile I suspect, but recently decided to join like so many others. This section is a lot of fun, and I doubt this is the reason people left this site. I think it's natural selection at its finest
yeah i been lurking around this site a good while but just now recently joined it...i'm just surprised to see so many Ford nutswingers on here lol...i prefer chevy and i was hoping this would be a site where i could find ppl with the same likes and dislikes but...ehh..it's whatever..if i want to be part of this love / hate society then i guess i will get used to it....even if it is again'st my religion...( Chevyism)
Old 07-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by s346k
so uhh...how is the stock rear holding you back again? i don't get it.
my stock 10 bolt ..hell every bodies stock 10 bolt in our year models of f -bodies has a extremely wimpy 7.5 in ring diameter...and a small pinion too..and hell even the entire housing of the 10 bolt is weak...not to mention i'm still running stock 3.23 gears...it's holding me back because i'm not able to preload my stall and rear-end as hard as i could with a 12 bolt or 9 inch..that alone would allow me to leave at a higher RPM ..couple that with a gear ratio of about 3.73's or 3.90's...and well ..it may would pick the tires up off the ground..and the gears would allow me to accelerate faster...i would drop 3-4 tenths from doing just a rear with gears swap..maybe even half a second drop

Last edited by ilovechevy1; 07-13-2011 at 12:58 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v.
Looks decent. Still looks like the average slomaro with zr1's. My SLOW Mach 1 would EAT YOUR CAR ALIVE
since i know you are being sarcastic....then yeah sure...your mostly stock Mach 1 would rip my procharged SS a new *******
Old 07-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Launching!

my stock 10 bolt ..hell every bodies stock 10 bolt in our year models of f -bodies has a extremely wimpy 7.5 in ring diameter...and a small pinion too..and hell even the entire housing of the 10 bolt is weak...not to mention i'm still running stock 3.23 gears...it's holding me back because i'm not able to preload my stall and rear-end as hard as i could with a 12 bolt or 9 inch..that alone would allow me to leave at a higher RPM ..couple that with a gear ratio of about 3.73's or 3.90's...and well ..it may would pick the tires up off the ground..and the gears would allow me to accelerate faster...i would drop 3-4 tenths from doing just a rear with gears swap..maybe even half a second drop
^True. Centrifugal's like to make power in the mid- to upper rpm range. With those 3.23 gears and stock stall, you're missing out on much of what that combo has to offer. A set of 3.73's and a 4000-4400 stall would make it feel like a whole new car. Keep you in your powerband during normal/around town cruising as well.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
^True. Centrifugal's like to make power in the mid- to upper rpm range. With those 3.23 gears and stock stall, you're missing out on much of what that combo has to offer. A set of 3.73's and a 4000-4400 stall would make it feel like a whole new car. Keep you in your powerband during normal/around town cruising as well.
so you think i should ditch my 3000 TCI stall in favor of a 4k?..it is my daily driver..like literally EVERYDAY...and yeah i was shooting to get the 3.73's in wichever rear-end i end up getting..i will probally be doing a fabbed 9 in such as the M9 or the MWC fabbed 9 in due to thier lighter weight...i just dont' want to hurt my evryday drivability...i have heard a 4k stall is a bit much for a DD and i have heard also they are fine to drive everyday..you thoughts please?
Old 07-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Launching!

so you think i should ditch my 3000 TCI stall in favor of a 4k?..it is my daily driver..like literally EVERYDAY...and yeah i was shooting to get the 3.73's in wichever rear-end i end up getting..i will probally be doing a fabbed 9 in such as the M9 or the MWC fabbed 9 in due to thier lighter weight...i just dont' want to hurt my evryday drivability...i have heard a 4k stall is a bit much for a DD and i have heard also they are fine to drive everyday..you thoughts please.
Ditch the 3000. Not worth it IMO, especially in a centrifugal/stock cube setup like yours. Plus when you get the cam in you'll be happy you stepped up the converter too. A 4000 stall with a STR around 2.3 would work nice with your combo. Don't worry about driveability; you'll be fine.

Quick Reply: 5.0 vs 5.0