Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.0 vs 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 01:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z99ls1
Lets see a vid or a timeslip or it didn't happen
i doubt he has any...he's a certified **** talker...i talk alot of **** about alot of thing's..but i 99% of the time can back it all up..know what i'm saying?..of course you do my fellow GM guy ..(small change of subject) like i had this guy at work talking mad smack about how awesome he was at Street Fighter and how he plays in all these tournaments and beats all the good players and that i would be lucky to get even one punch in on him..lil did he know i have been playing that game since i was like 8..so i invite him over for a lil Street Fighter 4 tournament ...out of like 40 rounds he only beat me 3 times LOL..i PAWNED him ..kinda gave me the same feeling as racing and pawning mustangs at the track lol
Old 07-31-2011, 01:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
not all 4.6 and 5.4's are forged as i'm sure you know..this whole argument over my engine this, and your engine that...it's easily solved by SIMPLE MATH...the bigger engine has more power potential...anyone who argues different does'nt understand physics and science...take any 2 engines regardless of WHO makes it..ANY 2 engines..i will even help you understand this better by makeing a Ford engine win my example...take, let's say...an old 5.0 305 used in the 3rd gen camaro's...and then compare it with a 5.4 L out of a Ford truck..ok..we have a 5.0 VS a 5.4...now take both engines and put the BEST heads..the best cam..or cam's if your a Ford engine (gay# of cams lol)..and put the SAME ammount of boost on them...that .4 L difference is gona make a signifigant power difference in FAVOR of the FORD engine...so in that case the FORD 5.4 would win...now do the same with a 5.4 and an LS1 ...it's gona be the opposite..now take a Big Block Ford engine and max out the mods and do the same with the LS1 and the BBF engine will make more power...there is NO being biased here..no picking Chevy over Ford in this argument...only bringing simple math and physics to solve a math problem
One flaw this can be messed up. Look at 2JZ and EVO engines. They have made well over 1000whp in them and they are smaller displacement engines. They have 200whp Supra's. Hell the 5.4L in the GT500 have been taken to 1300whp and more.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:33 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Why will no one tell me how much the average 5.4l mod motor makes with off the shelf parts and head porting?
I was wondering the exact same thing.......
Old 07-31-2011, 01:51 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Why will no one tell me how much the average 5.4l mod motor makes with off the shelf parts and head porting?
Depends on who's off the shelf parts you use. Ford has off the shelf parts to make more then 800hp with it. If using after market best I seen was 1350whp out of a SC/Turbo set up. Car was a DD even.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
One flaw this can be messed up. Look at 2JZ and EVO engines. They have made well over 1000whp in them and they are smaller displacement engines. They have 200whp Supra's. Hell the 5.4L in the GT500 have been taken to 1300whp and more.
(forgive me for the long rant but..here it goes)

it's not a flaw really there SGT...there is NO doubting the 2JZ and forged 5.4 such as used in the GT500 is'nt an awesome and bad *** engine..but the CID factors still overcome even those engines..the only downfall of the LS1 being pushed to those extreme power levels is the alluminum block( and of course needing to be forged for that power like ALL engines need)...take an Iron block version of that and it can easily be pushed just harder than ANY smaller CID engine...take, let's say the the 376 CI LSX that GMPP offers (not the 454 LSX) and..with it's larger CI and IRON block it can for a fact be pushed over the limits of any smaller engine...i know for a FACT the LSX 454 (smallblock lol) has been pushed well over 2000hp...sometimes pushing those engines even to within 80% of their full potential is overkill for for a 2JZ or something of the like..it's the same reason Ford used the 5.0 again to reach a more streetable freindly 412hp insted of the usual smaller 4.6..because they had been upping the HP on the 4.6 from way back in the mid 90's..starting out with 215 or 220 flywheel hp..then getting up around 260..then reaching 300 ish with the Mach 1 by adding more cams and better flowing heads ..and even all the way up to 2010 they had only managed a mere 315 FLYWHEEL HP ( besides the Termi Cobra's S/C 4.6) still a long ways from the LS1's 350 flywheel hp..then they added more CI..more compression..and an all around awesome stock flowing top end..and you get the added benifits of Ford finally applying themselves the 4.6 was'nt gona cut it when Ford had to compete with a 6.2 L..as proven when the SS was realesed it was destroying the 2010 GT's..the new 2011 mustangs are beating up on the new camaro's NOT because of the 5.0 being a beast wich it is..but it's no more of beast than the LS3..it's the platforms that are making the difference..GM's design is more flawed than perfect on the new camaro..where as the new stang is damn near perfect..ECXEPT the fact the camaro still has a 6.2 L compared to the 5.0..this bothers you lil i know because you will beat most new SS's due to weight and other factors..but on an engine dyno the 6.2 has a leg up on the 5.0...hell GMHTP mag has an LS3 in the september issue with a cam only making 480+ RWHP ( i'm sure with headers/cai/ and a tune to boot)..but still that's a 100+RWHP gain with a couple bolt ons and a cam..i mean.sheesh..but that's what happens when you mod larger engines..you get a larger hp payoff...you think the pro's in NHRA are using 2jZ's to make 7000+hp?...nope, 500 CI engines is what they use...as well as places like Virginia Speed offer 3000Hp!! BBC 600+ ci engines....HP numbers a 4 cyl EVO motor could never even dream of..it's still simple math...sure you can take a highly modded 4 cyl EVO and bitch smack a stock 454 chevelle at the track ....but the 454 has waaaaaay more HP potential than a lil 2. somthing 4 cyl could dream of...i has 3000+hp potential...the 4 cyl does not..the 2Jz probally does'nt either..i'm not hating on ANY engines here..just pointing out that with every factor on an engine being the same...iron block/forged internals/best heads/best intake/best cam or cam's/ and same ammount of boost or nitrous then the BIGGER engine WILL make more HP..bigger is always better in a case like this..ppl bore and stroke engines for a reason

Last edited by ilovechevy1; 07-31-2011 at 03:03 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Did you weigh it? 3500 is alot for a mach. My friends with a turbo kit weights 3260 w/o him. It does have a kmember but otherwise complete. Not bad for a bolt-on mach, pretty typical.....maybe even a little quick.
Yea not bad for close to full weight bolt-on mach without longtubes, t/b, mani etc... in +11xx da.

Lets see a vid or a timeslip or it didn't happen
Search my posts if you want to see a timeslip.

first off **** head...my car had major issues at the time AND STILL ran an 11.3 !! wich is STILL well beond your bolt on MACH 1 so STFU..my bearings where shot in my S/C belt tensioner pulley...it was praticly locked up 70% of the time..as well as me having major fuel pressure issues..those have ALL been fixed now...and i wont' be going back to the track till the end of August..but you can bet your *** it will be 10's now...also **** monkey..that 11.3 was ran with a STOCK 10 bolt rear (very weak) with stock 3.23 gears.. so i was babying it off the line and STILL cut LOW 1.6 60fters ...car also is running MID tube headers..and the car still has cats on it!!..and this was on a DD tune not a race tune...catch me on the road and i bet i'll blow your **** out the water with my A/C on and only using my cruise control button to accelerate!...and another thing *******..atleast i have vids up of my car..everything i say about my car IS RIGHT THERE IN THE LINK!!...you have NO vids..NO links..nothing but you loud *** mouth you been running!..post up or shut up!
All I here is excuses. You sure do talk a big game for not knowing much about my car I have a 3-4 vids on here if you where smart enough to find them lol

not all 4.6 and 5.4's are forged as i'm sure you know..this whole argument over my engine this, and your engine that...it's easily solved by SIMPLE MATH...the bigger engine has more power potential...anyone who argues different does'nt understand physics and science...take any 2 engines regardless of WHO makes it..ANY 2 engines..i will even help you understand this better by makeing a Ford engine win my example...take, let's say...an old 5.0 305 used in the 3rd gen camaro's...and then compare it with a 5.4 L out of a Ford truck..ok..we have a 5.0 VS a 5.4...now take both engines and put the BEST heads..the best cam..or cam's if your a Ford engine (gay# of cams lol)..and put the SAME ammount of boost on them...that .4 L difference is gona make a signifigant power difference in FAVOR of the FORD engine...so in that case the FORD 5.4 would win...now do the same with a 5.4 and an LS1 ...it's gona be the opposite..now take a Big Block Ford engine and max out the mods and do the same with the LS1 and the BBF engine will make more power...there is NO being biased here..no picking Chevy over Ford in this argument...only bringing simple math and physics to solve a math problem
Then why does 5.4 4v make more power then a 5.7 ls1 on motor??????????????

Last edited by automach1; 07-31-2011 at 03:26 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by automach1
Yea not bad for close to full weight bolt-on mach without longtubes, t/b, mani etc... in +11xx da.

Search my posts if you want to see a timeslip.

All I here is excuses. You sure do talk a big game for knowing much about my car I have a 3-4 vids on here if you where smart enough to find them lol

Then why does 5.4 4v make more power then a 5.7 ls1 on motor??????????????
1. POST your vids!!.. why the **** do we need to waste our time looking for your slow as car to make a pass when you could simply post the vid!.look at my SIG..see how easy that is?..copy -paste dumbass

2.here we go with you 5.4 **** again...probally because nobody has wasted the time to try to push a 346 that far..if their goal was to make a high HP N/A LSX engine then they would bore and stroke it to a larger CI because that's what us smarter GM guy's do ...if you seriously think a 5.4 CI has more power potential than 5.7 CI then you my freind (not really, you are a **** head) are very lost in the engine department...do you really want to push the issues of CI vs CI?..FORD RACING's largest small block is 374 CI ...it has 540HP!!..not bad..not bad at all for 11,000 dollars...too bad for Ford racing GM performnce parts offers a 454 LSX with 620hp for about the SAME price...hmmmmmmm...also Ford racing's most powerful Big Block is a 521 offering 609 HP and 580 ft lbs of TQ...too bad GMPP offers a 572 with 620hp and a bone cracking!! 650 FT lbs of TQ!!! thats a whole 70 more TQ ...see,.. that's what happens when you use more CI..oh and you use a GM engine..you loose again **** nugget
Old 07-31-2011, 03:44 AM
Banned

1. POST your vids!!.. why the **** do we need to waste our time looking for your slow as car to make a pass when you could simply post the vid!.look at my SIG..see how easy that is?..copy -paste dumbass

2.here we go with you 5.4 **** again...probally because nobody has wasted the time to try to push a 346 that far..if their goal was to make a high HP N/A LSX engine then they would bore and stroke it to a larger CI because that's what us smarter GM guy's do ...if you seriously think a 5.4 CI has more power potential than 5.7 CI then you my freind (not really, you are a **** head) are very lost in the engine department...do you really want to push the issues of CI vs CI?..FORD RACING's largest small block is 374 CI ...it has 540HP!!..not bad..not bad at all for 11,000 dollars...too bad for Ford racing GM performnce parts offers a 454 LSX with 620hp for about the SAME price...hmmmmmmm...also Ford racing's most powerful Big Block is a 521 offering 609 HP and 580 ft lbs of TQ...too bad GMPP offers a 572 with 620hp and a bone cracking!! 650 FT lbs of TQ!!! thats a whole 70 more TQ ...see,.. that's what happens when you use more CI..oh and you use a GM engine..you loose again **** nugget
I have no reason to waste my time on looking for something you could do yourself.
Then why has the 4.6 went faster then lsx anything?
Old 07-31-2011, 03:48 AM
Restricted User

Exactly, post up ur vids and quit being a whinny sour puss
Old 07-31-2011, 03:49 AM
Banned

What vids old set-up?
Old 07-31-2011, 03:51 AM
Banned

I have no reason to waste my time on looking for something you could do yourself.
Then why has the 4.6 went faster then lsx anything?
why the **** would YOU need to look for your OWN videos??...i have all my vids on tap in my sig and on my computer...i guess that's what i get for being smart ..

and did you just seriously say ""why has the 4.6 went faster then lsx anything?[/QUOTE]""...you mean to tell me there is a 4.6 running into the 6's???...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t65VypaaRJUmaybe you need to be a lil more specific before you say "LSX anything"..lol..damn
Old 07-31-2011, 03:58 AM
Banned

What vids old set-up?
suuuuuure guy...atleast show us your old setup...i mean..on my OLD setup i was running 11.3's with major issues...and i have vids...i have many new mods that i have made vids of and showed off but have yet to try them at the track..but that still does'nt stop me from posting up my old stuff and showing off what a boosted LS1 with major fuel and belt slip issues can do..wich is spank healthy boosted mustangs
Old 07-31-2011, 03:59 AM
Banned

Yes deep in the 6s
Old 07-31-2011, 04:02 AM
Banned

right now i'm sure he is looking franticly on youtube for a mach 1 running high 12's that he can claim as his own...he will probally say that it's his freind who is taping it...
Old 07-31-2011, 04:06 AM
Banned

Yes deep in the 6s
lol ..sure guy a 4.6 running 6's in the quatermile??.......riiiiight...maybe you did'nt notice how i posted a vid of the 6 second LSX..if you gona make a claim like a 6 second 4.6 then do as i did and post a vid...if you find a vid just right click on it and click COPY!...then get back on LS1 tech and hit right click again and hit PASTE...i learned that right after i learned to tie my shoes..i guess your missed that class in school tho huh?
Old 07-31-2011, 04:09 AM
Banned

lol ..sure guy a 4.6 running 6's in the quatermile??.......riiiiight...maybe you did'nt notice how i posted a vid of the 6 second LSX..if you gona make a claim like a 6 second 4.6 then do as i did and post a vid...if you find a vid just right click on it and click COPY!...then get back on LS1 tech and hit right click again and hit PASTE...i learned that right after i learned to tie my shoes..i guess your missed that class in school tho huh?
I would hate to hurt your chevy pride
Old 07-31-2011, 04:10 AM
Banned

here i will even help you out here...i took the time to find the fastest pass i could find with a 4.6..it was a 7.9...not too shabby...but it's still a long ways from a 6.8 the LSX i showed you ran...given the larger LSX CI..it was bound to happen...it's not even fair really..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZgKK254I0E
Old 07-31-2011, 04:12 AM
Restricted User

Here is exactly why he won't post up "his time slip". I just found it. His mph doesn't make any sense. He traps 85 in the 1/8 mile and traps 111 in the 1/4 mile. It doesn't make any sense. I wonder where he fond this timeslip lmao. For instance my full bolt-on stalled ls1 trapped 88 mph in the 1/8 and trapped 109 in the 1/4.

here it is

There is no way you pick up that much on the top end. He cuts a 1.8 60ft and traps 112, but only hits a 12.6? that makes no sense. So what does ur car actually run automach1
Old 07-31-2011, 04:12 AM
Banned

i'm going to bed...i will get back to your wild claim, no video posting *** tomorrow!
Old 07-31-2011, 04:15 AM
10 Second Club

Actually they have had 4.6's go in the 6's. Most are stroked to a 5.0.

Quick Reply: 5.0 vs 5.0