Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo Camaro SS: 2 C6 Vette: 0 Eleanor: 0

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 01:11 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Turbo Camaro SS: 2 C6 Vette: 0 Eleanor: 0

First off I hardly ever get any type of street race where I'm at and somehow I had almost 3 of them. The girfriend and I were cruising back to my place when I seen a dark red C6 pull out a bit in front of me and get on it. He was stopped at a light ahead but a group of bikers were in front of me. He gunned it and took off in front of the bikes and pulled into there lane, red light ahead ha perfect.

I see he's an older guy with a blond passenger, this is getting even better. I roll up to him at the light and look over at him and it turns green. He guns it and I put the hammer down, all hell breaks looks when the wastegate opens, instant tire spin, slam 2nd instantly blow the tires off and I pedal it as I put a good 2-3 cars on him instantly to the top of 2nd up to about 75. I slow down waiting for him to catch up but he stays behind and turns off.

Than I run across a lifted dodge cummins with stacks who is ******* with me. I told him he didn't want none of this and he was swerving in and out of traffic, ******* damn near ran me over. When we pulled up to the red light I pointed straight ahead but he turned off.

About a mile from the house I see a shiny blue mustang pull out in front of me. I notice the rear end says "Eleanor" where it normally says mustang. Pull up next to him at the light and it has real nice wheels, side exit exhaust, eleanor body kit, cervini badges etc... Car sounded like it had a little bit of a lope but who knows, anyways he kinda takes off just ignoring me with his windows up. We meet up at another light and I wave him to roll his window down, I asked him whats done to it and he said supercharged. Light turns green and he takes off pretty damn hard actually surprised me. He got a good 2 car jump on me and I blew the tires off in 1st and 2nd. I slammed it into 3rd and proceeded to blow by him and put 2-3 cars on him by about 90 when I let off.

He went by me just kind of looking down and shaking his head back and forth like wtf just happened haha. I gave him a thumbs up as he turned off because no one ever runs me. The one damn day I cruise my car with out the drag radials I get 2 races FML! That won't happen again.

I think I'm 5 and 0 on street races now and I don't plan on losing anytimg soon.
Here is what his car looked like but it was blue:

Last edited by Nitroused383; 07-10-2011 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice. Races just seem to happen like that: weeks without anything at all, then you can't seem to beat them off with a broom.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:05 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What turbo setup are you running? How much is it putting down?
Old 07-10-2011, 08:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice race man!! congratz!!!
Old 07-10-2011, 03:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I know tell me about it, when it's a nice day out I guess they come out! I was running a Turbonetics TC76mm on 7lbs that put down 580 rwhp. I swapped that out the other weekend to a precision 76GTS on the same boost level. I'm running everything in my signature + the turbo and an alky control methanol kit on 100% meth. Well except I'm running 3.5 rear gear and a Mcleod RXT twin clutch.

I ran a 7.1 @ 102 with a 1.79 60' in the 1/8th, 3700 + lb raceweight and 4400' density altitude that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlMH1yPFZQE