Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Alpha 9 GTR vs Bolt on Nitrous 5.0 and more...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 08:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

The Alpha 12 kit just went 8's.

But the thing most these kits are the price of another car or more. The Alpha 12 kit is 100k.

You can build a camaro TT mustang TT for way less and be faster in the end. Hell you can buy Evolution's car that ran 8.8's@148 for 59k. They have it for sell. Its all what you want and how deep your pockets are.

Hmm 200k in a car to run 8-9's or 60k in a car to run 8's or 9's.

As far as street car that is all in a person's view. Plenty of us know people that drive 700whp and even 1000whp car son the street that can run 9's or maybe even 8's. As either way with a GTR or mustang/camaro to technical run below 11.49 you need a roll bar. Or you get booted from the track.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If we keep going down the road of "well this car can run this, for less" than we will all be at a Gremling or Vega for under 15-20k. I wouldn't drive that if it could take me to mars, ok maybe mars. Hell if price/investment is where its at, we would all ride Busas. A vehicle capable of high 9's stock. See what I mean?
Peole "ike" the GTR's because they can go just as fast in a straight line as others that were made for that. Put it this way, what if a CTS-V could do what a 2012 GTR does? Wouldn't we all be intrigued? Plus, its comfortable, much as I like Vette's, why buy one, when I can get Speed, luxory, and a GREAT interior? Oh I'm talking of a Porsche lol
Old 10-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Oh I seen online some 0-60 specs
Veyron 2.5 seconds
Porsche GT3RS (I think) 2.7 (like 650hp)
2012 GTR 2.8-2.9 (Japanese Magazine hit 2.78 with an american editor there)
Man cars are just nuts these days
Old 10-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Teching In

Dude..the GTR is a turbo car and it is makes power more efficiently than a SC car with the same psi. If GM made a Vette with a "true" low compression high boost turbo motor with comparable specs to an LS3, do you realize how fast that thing would be. Look at the ZR1..it made 640Hp with a SC. Imagine if this was a turbo car!
There is a video on Youtube that some one posted on here recently with a Ford GT with twin turbos. The car was rediculously fast
Old 10-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Killemall
Despite not careing much about gtrs and only considering one for my wife due to its backseat and paddle shifters for her.
What the hell do you do for a living
Old 10-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ohioborn80

But the thing most these kits are the price of another car or more. The Alpha 12 kit is 100k.

You can build a camaro TT mustang TT for way less and be faster in the end. Hell you can buy Evolution's car that ran 8.8's@148 for 59k. They have it for sell. Its all what you want and how deep your pockets are.

As far as street car that is all in a person's view. Plenty of us know people that drive 700whp and even 1000whp car son the street that can run 9's or maybe even 8's. As either way with a GTR or mustang/camaro to technical run below 11.49 you need a roll bar. Or you get booted from the track.
Great you can spend less and you'll get less. None of those cars you listed are nearly as luxurious and smooth to drive as a GTR would be. Or reliable either im sure. Im not saying a 8-9 second car is reliable but to make a RWD mustang or camaro do that is gonna take more work to the suspension and drivetrain and that will not help drivability.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Great you can spend less and you'll get less. None of those cars you listed are nearly as luxurious and smooth to drive as a GTR would be. Or reliable either im sure. Im not saying a 8-9 second car is reliable but to make a RWD mustang or camaro do that is gonna take more work to the suspension and drivetrain and that will not help drivability.
So what is so luxuries about the GTR interior? And funny This car is driven every day on the stock suspension.It also just went 9.2@151. Talked to the guy few times. Whole build would cost about 20k. That is the built motor and all. Well ok plus the car. He has leather/gps/blue tooth/sync/etc etc. Yep about same **** as a GTR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2PbqQ9Vubw
Old 10-17-2011, 08:16 PM
10 Second Club

Oh his old car. Same set up. Only reason don't have it is cause he fell asleep at the wheel and crashed it. Drove it every day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDdv2..._order&list=UL
Old 10-17-2011, 09:44 PM

Why is price always brought up? Find a car that you like and build it, end of story.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Why is price always brought up? Find a car that you like and build it, end of story.
Good Point...LOL
Old 10-18-2011, 02:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't mind that junk fbody in the way, but look at that alpha gr-r in the background. This is where alphas are born and shipped across the country back to their owners.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by willizm
Don't mind that junk fbody in the way, but look at that alpha gr-r in the background. This is where alphas are born and shipped across the country back to their owners.

Just my opinion..I am sure not the same as everyone else...but I would take the Fbody. However, I would also take the GTR, beat the **** out of it for a day, sell it and use the money to build up the Fbody. Hell, even after bulding up the FBody, I would still have a shitload of cash left over for other stuff.

I guess...to each his own...
Old 10-18-2011, 09:25 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by MACH32V
Just my opinion..I am sure not the same as everyone else...but I would take the Fbody. However, I would also take the GTR, beat the **** out of it for a day, sell it and use the money to build up the Fbody. Hell, even after bulding up the FBody, I would still have a shitload of cash left over for other stuff.

Na, don't get me wrong. I love my car, but seeing some bad *** gt-r's throughout the building and parking lot does make me want on. With that said, the last car i'll ever sell is my fbody.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Make since for the GTR...And well Civic owner better learn to drive his ****.
nice spelling!!

Your F/I 5.slow is going to be alot faster than the alpha I bet!
Old 10-19-2011, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by willizm

Originally Posted by MACH32V

GTR suck, plain and simple. I've beat one with my junk 4th gen that has barely 400rwhp. I drove the GTR after and the car feels really solid and stable with crazy braking power, but its butt ugly, auto and 100K so it just sucks. The stock 09 CTS V I raced was faster. Wayyyy nicer car.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Addict

You really should buy that car, you've posted Evolution Mustang's videos so freaking often on this board that I thought it was already your car!! Iwas so sick of seeing it I almost got sick cause its so ugly!!! And you talked so much crap and brag so much about it, trying to convince everyone that any 5.slow would do the same with minimal mods. 5.0l owners are so lost/cocky that they think a nitrous 5.slow will take a Alpha GTR LOL wow!
Old 10-19-2011, 01:37 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
GTR suck, plain and simple. I've beat one with my junk 4th gen that has barely 400rwhp. I drove the GTR after and the car feels really solid and stable with crazy braking power, but its butt ugly, auto and 100K so it just sucks. The stock 09 CTS V I raced was faster. Wayyyy nicer car.
Faster is subjective and congrats beating a car that was designed for much more than going in a straight line really fast. That is the thing people forget. it's impressive because it can be a straight line car, but that is not what it was designed for. If I tried running it on a road course my *** would go cartwheeling just trying to keep up with it in a turn. It is what it is and for the money it's faster than most cars that are more expensive than it.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Boasting about beating a GTR in a straight line is like Boasting about beating a Ls1 Camaro at a road course with a GTR. Beat them at a game that was never their intent. Of course beating an Alpha Gtr (insert #) is a completely different ball park. Much props to whoever takes one down
Old 10-19-2011, 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
wow.....
Old 10-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Launching!

Lightingteg... I sell vacuums. Unfortunetly the money lately blows because the economy sucks.

Id personally take a ctsv over a gtr. When the gtr debuted at 68k back in 09 that was still a lil steep but about right. Now at 80-95k its just to much fora car that blends into traffic. Once theydo more agressive styling though the car is gonna own