Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 12:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good kill man!
Old 12-31-2011, 02:30 PM
11 Second Club

I plan on taking it to the track. I've never run a RWD Manual Trans car before so not sure what to expect. Not even sure what these GTO's are supposed to run. I just know they ride very well and feel stable.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
For people that dd their cars they could have different set-ups. I have 3 different sets of wheels (all dd-able but work better for different things) I used through out the year, right now my winter wheels are on and don't really look for runs. Besides the road gets to cold and dirty to race on. Do you dd your Mustang? ?? or Do you drive a "beater"?

There is also a difference between reasons and excuses. I personally always look for reasons so I can figure it out and make it better.
I dont dd the mustang. Its a beater enough. Although it gets better gas milege than my dd, leather seats and and power steering are nice. I put reasons in quotations because for the most part they are crap reasons. I lost because i dont have my tune "yet" or i spun going 70 mph in my stock car arent excuses they are crap.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:20 PM
11 Second Club

I don't know why the SS lost so I'm not sure what excuse you are refuring too. IM just telling you what I had in the car at the time. I don't have a Tune either. My own opinion is that the SS is faster than people think seeing how almost everyone is beating them but fail to tell their mods to their own car. We went for a half mile.. Not sure how many people would do that but I was ahead the hole time but not like this awesome twenty football fields people are acting like they do on the SS.. LOL

Maybe you weren't talking to me. LOL

Originally Posted by 85mustang351
I dont dd the mustang. Its a beater enough. Although it gets better gas milege than my dd, leather seats and and power steering are nice. I put reasons in quotations because for the most part they are crap reasons. I lost because i dont have my tune "yet" or i spun going 70 mph in my stock car arent excuses they are crap.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
I don't know why the SS lost so I'm not sure what excuse you are refuring too. IM just telling you what I had in the car at the time. I don't have a Tune either. My own opinion is that the SS is faster than people think seeing how almost everyone is beating them but fail to tell their mods to their own car. We went for a half mile.. Not sure how many people would do that but I was ahead the hole time but not like this awesome twenty football fields people are acting like they do on the SS.. LOL

Maybe you weren't talking to me. LOL
there could be a lot of different reasons why you won. Driver error being one of them and the other possible explanation is that it was an L99 automatic combo car.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:05 PM
11 Second Club

I could tell he was a manual car. LOL. But since Im John Force in a Manual and the Vincent Van Gogh in the art of shifting, I'm pretty sure he was a driver error.. LMAO
Originally Posted by MauriSSio
there could be a lot of different reasons why you won. Driver error being one of them and the other possible explanation is that it was an L99 automatic combo car.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:41 PM
TECH Regular

Do a run when it's dry out... My friend has a 6.0 gto, full exhaust, stall, tune, intake. On the track he takes me by a car till mid track, then I pull the car back and take him in the top end. We both ran 12.60s last time out, but my car is much faster top end, on the street from a roll he don't have a chance. That's completely honest, if I blow my launch he beats me at the track but if I pull a good one I usually take him. His best trap was 110 mine is 113. On the street I pull ahead pretty quick, but he stays with me it's not like kill him.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sweetC5
My friend has a 6.0 gto, full exhaust, stall, tune, intake. On the track he takes me by a car till mid track, then I pull the car back and take him in the top end. We both ran 12.60s last time out..
i'd expect an equal bolt-on ls2 gto and 5th gen fbod to be a decent race, giving the edge to the 5th gen for sure. those ls3s are no joke. but as seen before - some people can make cars go and others can't. no reason a stalled auto bolt-on car ls1/2/whatever shouldn't be going 12.30s or quicker, though.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:50 PM
11 Second Club

I have yet to get to the track but would love too. I've been doing a lot of research on the mods for the GTO and I have decided to do the TVS 2300, LT's, and tune. 550RWHP is what Im hoping for.

Originally Posted by sweetC5
Do a run when it's dry out... My friend has a 6.0 gto, full exhaust, stall, tune, intake. On the track he takes me by a car till mid track, then I pull the car back and take him in the top end. We both ran 12.60s last time out, but my car is much faster top end, on the street from a roll he don't have a chance. That's completely honest, if I blow my launch he beats me at the track but if I pull a good one I usually take him. His best trap was 110 mine is 113. On the street I pull ahead pretty quick, but he stays with me it's not like kill him.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:52 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

I have yet to get to the track but would love too. I've been doing a lot of research on the mods for the GTO and I have decided to do the TVS 2300, LT's, and tune. 550RWHP is what Im hoping for.
Why not a procharger?
Old 01-01-2012, 10:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by s346k
i'd expect an equal bolt-on ls2 gto and 5th gen fbod to be a decent race, giving the edge to the 5th gen for sure. those ls3s are no joke. but as seen before - some people can make cars go and others can't. no reason a stalled auto bolt-on car ls1/2/whatever shouldn't be going 12.30s or quicker, though.
We are both on stock tires, if he had tires he would be in 12.30s.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by audacious nick
Why not a procharger?
I like the plug and play of the TVS. I do know the issues with the TVS. I don't want all the piping either.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:00 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

I like the plug and play of the TVS. I do know the issues with the TVS. I don't want all the piping either.
Are you going to use an intercooler? If not, what about a modified OTRCAI?