Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

The Car's Gettin "Street Rep" - G8 vs Fox

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool The Car's Gettin "Street Rep" - G8 vs Fox

I don't usually post up kill stories like this, but I thought it was pretty funny.

I was cruising home from my friend's house and as I pass a gas station I see a black foxbody GT, with two guys in it, getting ready to pull out. I gave it a little gas to get his attention, but he had to wait for the light to change to pull out, so I slowed and cruised at the speed limit to let him catch up.

A couple miles down the road I had just about given up when I saw him behind me catching up. He pulls up next to me just as we jump on the highway and traffic is totally clear in front of us. As soon as I wonder if he'll be game for some fun, I hear him downshift. We were going about 60 mph so I drop to 3rd, and then I see traffic is WAAY back behind us, so I tell him to slow up. We slow to about 40 mph, I drop it to 2nd and I hear him downshift again. I tell them "3 honks" and we ended up honking at the same time. Three later and we drop the hammer, with the cars staying even for a short time before I start pulling on him. As the speeds went up so did my pull until I was cranking away at a good clip. There was no traffic so I stayed in it until 130+ mph or so. I'm not sure if they stayed in it the whole time, or let out at some point, but I was probably 8+ cars ahead when I let out (hard to judge at that distance).

I slowed up and let them catch up and the passenger asked if I was so-and-so and I tell him yes. He said he knows my friend and he saw the video of me racing the red Evo. He asks if I sprayed them and I told them no, that was a motor run. They gave me props on a fast car and I thanked them and told them good race and we went our seperate ways.

Afterwards I talked to my friend who knows them and he said he'd already gotten a call about the race, lol. He said the car is stock except for exhaust, which is about what I thought based on the race results. He also said that the guy wants to race him (my friend has a 1997 Cobra with bolt-ons that runs 13.5 @ 104 mph) and the guy thinks it will be a good race

Not much of a kill, but it was funny the way it went down. I was riding alone so no film. Apologies for any time wasted reading this
Old 04-03-2012, 09:04 AM
10 Second Club

It's not going to be fun for that Fox owner to come to the painful realization that the car runs mid 14s, not mid 13s.

Good Kill
Old 04-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Tell the guys in the Fox I've got some parts I can sell them to help them with their quest.

With what was done to it why did they even bother?
Old 04-03-2012, 09:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Tell the guys in the Fox I've got some parts I can sell them to help them with their quest.

Some people just like to see faster cars go fast!

Nice kill. I ran a black foxbody one day in the S80 V8 on the highway. It sounded like it had exhaust and ran like it had nothing other than that. The Volvo put a hurtin on them pretty good. I wonder if it was the same guys.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Beans
It's not going to be fun for that Fox owner to come to the painful realization that the car runs mid 14s, not mid 13s.

Good Kill
Sometimes you gotta learn the hard way, lol.

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I'll line up with anything, even if I know I'm gonna get smoked. It's all in the name of having a good time.

That said, he thinks his car will be a good race for a mid 13 second Cobra, so he probably thought a G8 will be a notch in the dashboard.

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Some people just like to see faster cars go fast!

Nice kill. I ran a black foxbody one day in the S80 V8 on the highway. It sounded like it had exhaust and ran like it had nothing other than that. The Volvo put a hurtin on them pretty good. I wonder if it was the same guys.
Might be. The car was faded black or a black primer with some aftermarket hood.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gettin street cred is not a good thing. I can barely get a race locally any more

My cars haven't even been super fast, just set them up they **** people up out of the hole.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Nice kill.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by gregrob
Gettin street cred is not a good thing. I can barely get a race locally any more

My cars haven't even been super fast, just set them up they **** people up out of the hole.
Yeah, the street cred thing was just me joking around. I don't think I've ever had a random encounter where the person knew about my car first lol.

I do know that being a decent, friendly person is a good way to get races. From what I've seen, **** talking brings about more **** talking, but not a lot of racing.

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Nice kill.
Thanks!
Old 04-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Teching In

Stop picking on helpless Mustangs!
Old 04-03-2012, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

Really surprised that the Mustang owner wasn't a Tool/Douchebag/*******. Seems to be the common theme on here...LoL.

Good kill
Old 04-03-2012, 12:02 PM

Pretty sure I've never used any of those terms when describing someone I've raced. I know what you're saying though, unfortunately.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He was like "Hey, are you ScreaminRedz from SRK?" LOL Forget Street Cred, Gotta get that Forum Street Cred
Old 04-03-2012, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by odthetruth
He was like "Hey, are you ScreaminRedz from SRK?" LOL Forget Street Cred, Gotta get that Forum Street Cred
Lmao, I'm gonna get a flying pig window decal so people know who they just raced.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Lmao, I'm gonna get a flying pig window decal so people know who they just raced.
Then I'm gonna get a decal of me frying up some bacon and stick it on the bike.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Then I'm gonna get a decal of me frying up some bacon and stick it on the bike.
I'll up you one, and get a decal of the double "baconator" on my back window.

And nice kill! Black primer either means really fast...or really slow. LOL, in this case it was the later.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:24 PM
11 Second Club

GOOD KILL...
Old 04-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
What's up with that?
Old 04-04-2012, 02:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
Really surprised that the Mustang owner wasn't a Tool/Douchebag/*******. Seems to be the common theme on here...LoL.

Good kill
That's because we're on LS1tech...hop over to any Mustang forum of your choice (I know you already know this) and GM owners are all tools/douchebags/********

SRZ, good kill. The next chapter of my go-fast adventures involves a Fox
Old 04-04-2012, 04:41 AM
11 Second Club

GK lol definitely wasn't a waste of time reading. Had something similar happen to me a while back. I had to ask my passenger if the fox was racing lol.