Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Nelson Racing Vs. UGR

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 01:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nelson Racing Vs. UGR

So these are my two favorite group of builders, for obvious reasons.

My question is, why haven't they set up a race? Why have we not seen any of Nelsons cars at the TX2K12? Someone has to have to ***** to run one of these monsters on the street.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Some guys not into street racing. He pretty much called them out for the standing mile and beat them all and set a new record even. I think he made his point.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Some guys not into street racing. He pretty much called them out for the standing mile and beat them all and set a new record even. I think he made his point.
I dont care where or how they do it. I just wanna see it.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, this is one gay post .
Old 04-12-2012, 09:19 AM
Teching In

UGR has the technology needed to win I think. I know Nelson racing has built hundreds of drag cars. But that's it. Drag cars. A standing mile car is built a little differently than a 1/4 mile car. UGR Specifically built these from the getgo to destroy the mile. They have a lot more experience in the mile. I'd say UGR would get the kill.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by flattusmaximus78
Wow, this is one gay post .
Why did you make the post then?
Old 04-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Teching In

I doubt they would agree to race, Both shops have nothing left to prove, And are very repuatable to begin with. Why put that on the line?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

I see what your saying SloWhipz but you can take that logic and apply to drag racing or road course cars... Chevy and Ford compete all season long to see who is better... Thats the fun of racing in my eyes... Braggin Rights is what i like to call it!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Tracked350Z
UGR has the technology needed to win I think. I know Nelson racing has built hundreds of drag cars. But that's it. Drag cars. A standing mile car is built a little differently than a 1/4 mile car. UGR Specifically built these from the getgo to destroy the mile. They have a lot more experience in the mile. I'd say UGR would get the kill.
They why doesn't ugr have the fastest standing mile car if they would get the win?
Old 04-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
They why doesn't ugr have the fastest standing mile car if they would get the win?
Lol. They did until the Ford GT destroyed their speed. They held the record for 2 years straight. What does that have to do with Nelson? It was performance power who built the GT. UGR is not too far behind. They're in the 250 mph range.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NOLAG05
I see what your saying SloWhipz but you can take that logic and apply to drag racing or road course cars... Chevy and Ford compete all season long to see who is better... Thats the fun of racing in my eyes... Braggin Rights is what i like to call it!
what does Chevy and Ford compete in all season long?

also UGR is focused on building fast exotics for a certain type of client.

Nelson is focused on build great motors for all sorts of wild vehicles, trophy trucks, rx-7s etc.

neither really compete in anything similar. Most of UGR kits are done on a stock motor ( such as their gallardo kits).
Old 04-12-2012, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont think either of them really care about it. They both build very awesome, but very different rides for their customers. They've both proven themselves to be some of the most bad *** shops out there. They dont need to race eitherother for bragging rights either, since theyre both building sick cars.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:22 AM
Teching In

That's like asking why don't hennessey, heffner, and UGR have a race between their vipers. There's no reason, they're all proven shops with what they do
Old 04-13-2012, 04:21 AM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They're both too busy making a **** ton of coin?
Old 04-13-2012, 11:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Its just a statement about companies that compete... Some people like Mustangs and some like Camaros... I don't know if most of UGR kits on the Gallardos are on stock blocks. 1500-1900hp on a stock V10 is a bit much. Who twin turbo's a 200K+ car and leaves the motor stock?

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
what does Chevy and Ford compete in all season long? Nascar, NHRA, Sprint cup cars

also UGR is focused on building fast exotics for a certain type of client.

Nelson is focused on build great motors for all sorts of wild vehicles, trophy trucks, rx-7s etc.

neither really compete in anything similar. Most of UGR kits are done on a stock motor ( such as their gallardo kits).
Old 04-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GTOSE
They're both too busy making a **** ton of coin?
brb let me go stop sales for today of our line up of high dollar parts or engine packages to go do some shitty mile race.

Yeah OP that definitely sounds logical to me.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
brb let me go stop sales for today of our line up of high dollar parts or engine packages to go do some shitty mile race.

lol x5
Old 04-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

^ thats one way to look at it but another way would be to show off your product in competitive events. Also that whole bragging rights thing is fun to do sometimes as well. You don't have to live at the "texas mile" but it certainly doesn't hurt to bring out a shop car and show everyone what it can do. I think it would be neat to have those two places go head to head but I completely understand if they don't as well.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Teching In

Won't lie, but UGR definitely is out in the local community. I follow their videos everywhere. UGR is definitely out running the highways after work. 6speedonline has a UGR rep and he can confirm. Also they were trying to setup a run with a US AMS GTR but I don't know what happened with that. They definitely get out and run.

Originally Posted by NOLAG05
Its just a statement about companies that compete... Some people like Mustangs and some like Camaros... I don't know if most of UGR kits on the Gallardos are on stock blocks. 1500-1900hp on a stock V10 is a bit much. Who twin turbo's a 200K+ car and leaves the motor stock?

I'm pretty sure they are stock blocks until 1000 hp. For the race tune (1500 rwhp) it's a forged block. I remember watching a video commenting on the price. Had john von talking about them running his busa and trying to get the SW Lambo to run some Supra.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Today I saw a UGR built twin turbo viper today at the shop that did my head swap. It was BADASS too bad it had a rod knocking...this was not at the UGR shop either if UGR is that good why aren't they fixing the viper themselves.

Quick Reply: Nelson Racing Vs. UGR