Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

bolt on ws6 vs stock(?) c6 vette vs turbo geo

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 11:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default bolt on ws6 vs stock(?) c6 vette vs turbo geo

coming home from the track tonight with my buddy in his turbo geo (as you guys may remember from the vid from a few weeks ago), and we are both having mechanical problems. my clutch lets go above 5000 rpm or on hard shifts. his car is randomly missing and not building boost like it should. we end up at a red light on a large road, and take off normal from the light, but just playing around do a quick pull basically from top of first halfway through second. well suddenly I see a set of HID's run up on me and, change lanes. a black c6 vette with 2 young guys in it do a flyby on us. so we give chase. catch up about a mile down the road with traffic clear, and when we get about a car length back he floors it. so we do too, and much to his surprise we both come flying by. he hangs with us and a few miles down the road it clears out to more open road. so we slow to a 50 and I honk it off. I immediately jump out about a car and a half, hit 3rd and the clutch wouldn't hold it. so I shuffle the shifter around and put it in 5th and start cruising, then he catches up finally and proceeds to do another flyby. I was a little surprised, I though it would be a much better run between me and a stock c6. looks like I gotta go for some lightly modded ones now

and for those interested, no the geo and I haven't really run yet. we are both getting our issues fixed and going to have at it once and for all. I will be posting vids when it happens
Old 05-25-2012, 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good kill non the less, but a stock c6 with the average driver would rape you with mods in your sig especially from a roll. You managed to beat 2 young kids in there daddy's car doesn't mean you could beat there daddy in that same car.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:54 PM
TECH Regular

I thought the same. I have a friend with a full bolt on/cammed c6 and he pulls me by 2-3 cars by 90 from a 40 roll. I was shocked at the one last night, thought it would have been much closer. I have been wanting to run against a stock c6 though just to see
Old 05-25-2012, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's a Ws6...of course you won . Good kill though man
Old 05-25-2012, 04:58 PM
TECH Regular

thanks. I was rather pleased with the car last night. ran consistent 8.80's at 80 mph shifting out at 5000 rpm and only giving it 3/4 throttle due to the clutch. car has low 8's in it easy, which should be good for mid 12's. right in stock c6 territory
Old 05-25-2012, 06:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Dumb question but why were you running it like that??
Old 05-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man, your car should be a high 12 second @ 108mph car at a average track. A base C6 LS3 car is a low 12 at 114mph. Driven decently a stock C6 should have walked you about as hard as you *claim* the bolton/cam'd C6 walked you. A bolton/cam'd C6 is right in my ballpark, pretty damn good runs depending on how many boltons and how big the cam in the C6.

And I destroy bolton fbodies like yours as if they were 6 cylinder mustangs. Just like a bolton/cam'd C6 would do.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
man, your car should be a high 12 second @ 108mph car at a average track. A base C6 LS3 car is a low 12 at 114mph. Driven decently a stock C6 should have walked you about as hard as you *claim* the bolton/cam'd C6 walked you. A bolton/cam'd C6 is right in my ballpark, pretty damn good runs depending on how many boltons and how big the cam in the C6.

And I destroy bolton fbodies like yours as if they were 6 cylinder mustangs. Just like a bolton/cam'd C6 would do.
Apparently it didn't turn out like that so should'a could'a would'a doesn't apply on the street with random drivers and street tires. Just my opinion but this time he deserves kudos, but next time he may learn that not all roll over so easy.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:56 PM
TECH Regular

I doubt it was an ls3 vette, most likely ls2. and it wasn't a fluke thing, we went twice with the same result. I was rather amazed. and I was running the car like that because I had a free admission and tech card tot he track for that night and I wanted to try dialing in my 60' with a different set of tires. my car ran consistent 8.80's at 80 mph with 2.1 60' and babying it the whole way down the track. car should be in the 8.20 range with a properly working clutch. which puts me in the mid 12 range. car ran 8.70's bone stock and as an auto. car is much stronger now

oh BTW I am in Florida, and temps that night were about 74-78*so DA is very low

Quick Reply: bolt on ws6 vs stock(?) c6 vette vs turbo geo