Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Surprising race at the beach...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Surprising race at the beach...

Was cruising around in the Camaro when i see this dark grey mazda pull out a few blocks back. He had tinted windows and a loud exhaust that sounded throaty so i let him catch up to see what it was. He starts riding my *** pretty hard so i knew he wanted to run. I havent had a run since i got the new slave cylinder and a few other parts fixed so i lined it up. Turns out to be a 2010+ Mazdaspeed3 with the front bumper that looks like a mouth trying to eat you. Guy rolls down his window and wants a 30 roll, i wasnt being picky so i give him his 30. I line up in 1st gear and give him the hit. Surprisingly were pretty even untill i get higher in the rev range, probably pulled a fender on him. ****! i hit the rev limiter, damn its been too long since i last raced. He pulls about half a car length, i rip it in 2nd gear and immediatly pull a car on him by the top of 2nd before i shut it down. We had a few more runs but they wernt clean at all so not worth mentioning. I have no idea what he was packin but it didnt seem like your typical mazdaspeed3.
I have to say his car sounded really good and was clean as ****. Had aftermarket chrome rims as well, couldnt see much else.

2000 SS Camaro Long Tube Headers, 3' catless Y pipe, 3' LM2 catback, Lid, 92mm TB, Fast 92mm Intake Manifold, McLeod Adjustable Master Cylinder, 275/40r/17 Nitto NT555 Rear Tires, Tuned by Frost ECU, Fresh tune up with Plugs/Wires
Old 06-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran one just the other day in the morning from a slow roll in first gear..Like a dumb *** i forgot to take traction control off and with the road being cold i would spin and hit the limiter everytime through third..I pulled half a car on it,but damn that ****** suprised me.Now i look for his *** every morning so i can put a beating on him...lol
Old 06-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

damn, sounds like it wasnt a race. more like a battle for traction. These little bastards can surprise you if your not carefull lol
Old 06-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if it was stock or not but i did notice it had a big *** intercooler and the front plate was off to the drivers side bumper..I don't know much about them so i couldn't tell,But the little bitch was fast..
Old 06-19-2012, 09:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

cough cough......someone needs the driver mod.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
cough cough......someone needs the driver mod.
yeah ill admit i was a bit lazy on the driving, its been a while