Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ZYBORG vs VIPER vs COBRA vs C5 Z06 vs M5

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 10:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Imstock2
The way ZYborg pulls on all these other car's... I would like to see him run a bolt on c6z...
Hell he probably has a vid of one those......he runs everything he can find

Zyborg vs this...Zyborg vs that....Zyborg vs a 3 legged dog....

Last edited by HioSSilver; 07-07-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
i dont always honk man.... I even sometimes still manage to get jumped, even though I try to minimize the damage..... lol....

I guarantee you that I could honk the same way in a race against you and you wouldnt sit there like a dumbass.... we would leave at the same time.

although I dont particularly like you for being such a tool sometimes I do know that you do know your **** and are a very experience driver/racer...
I just say let the other vette honk so it can shut some people up. Your car pulls very hard for the mods. And a lot of that is car set up but a lot on the driver.

Thanks. I try my best...lol
Old 07-07-2012, 10:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Hell I try to jump. For those of you bitching.... Do you wait for the last light to come on at the track??

Hey Evan you got that **** right about shifting and how often you want to rebuild your trans. There is a sweet spot where that bitch will live....and die...lol
I leave on second to last yellow. Cut best light of .003 and worse of ..061 two weeks ago at an event. If I'm just testing I don't car what my RT time is.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:26 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please enlighten me... Do share your vast knowledge-base with all of us so that we may have a chance at becoming superior human beings such as yourself....

Maybe one day we can own an LS2 base model c6 "atomic orange" at that....
stick around you might learn a thing or 2.

The way ZYborg pulls on all these other car's... I would like to see him run a bolt on c6z...
strange isnt it
Old 07-07-2012, 12:09 PM
TECH Regular

LOL that wouldn't even be a race, even he knows that
Old 07-07-2012, 12:52 PM
11 Second Club

"Driver mod" seems to be the fallback cop out term these days. So everyone is suppose to bang gears 100% F1 car perfect?

I didn't hear anything wrong with the shifting in this video. Could it be better? I suppose......but it wasn't anything that blew the races for anyone.

It's always "driver mod" Can't it just be what it ******* is for once without having to be the same old cliche ****? If a car that everyone thinks will beat another one because of mods doesn't, then its like a ******* crime against humanity. If the car that is suppose to win always won we wouldn't call this racing or even try.

Ah bench racers........
Old 07-07-2012, 01:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by evangto87
i cant seem to find that sweet spot hitting fourth gear... most of the time i get a slight grind
If you cant find it grind it lol
Old 07-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Teching In

...although i honk fast i always leave on the 3rd honk not before like you are trying to imply...
This guy is saying that you "rolled" through the 3rd honk on one of those runs

Old 07-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12
Just a fwiw kinda post cause im buzzed very hard...

If I was a manual I wouldn't care how you honked.. However, I am an auto. I would be very irritated. I'd let you slow back down and let you know I was honking the next race, no big deal. An auto would have to leave at minimum at the sound of the very first honk to leave at the same time.. Huge disadvantage, not to count an auto is already at a disadvantage with a 40-50 roll.
Someone has to get the jump, it is usually however honks unless it is manual VS auto, then it is usually the manual in all cases.

However, you can shift... Power shifting? Probably not... Better than your average joe, most definitely.
if you leave it in drive yeah youll have an issue. if you drop down to the right gear for the speed your at you wont have that problem
Old 07-07-2012, 03:20 PM
TECH Regular

NO lol. His car runs hard, not that hard.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PhantaZm
This guy is saying that you "rolled" through the 3rd honk on one of those runs
Yeah, it wasnt an optimal/perfect race... He also said he wasnt ready/did not have the right gear.... we already talked about it.... originally I wasnt goingt to add that run to the video but since the cobra was on that run too, I decided to leave it, especially since I added our other clean run...
Old 07-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Launching!

Good entertainment Zyborg. Thanks

Races looked clean and fair to me. Theres no right or wrong way to honk. People will complain regardless. That assuming they even hear the honks. Too fast...too slow.....exhaust to loud ect.

In the end you won
Old 07-07-2012, 05:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Arctic
if you leave it in drive yeah youll have an issue. if you drop down to the right gear for the speed your at you wont have that problem
Why should I have to deal with that though? Ill just honk so i can leave exactly on the third honk, i don't chase
Im in an auto, I shouldn't have to shift.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:48 PM
11 Second Club

I down shift from a roll... D just lags too much.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Maybe you should watch all his vid's... He pulls vipers,bolt on c6's, other h/c c5z like it's cool
Old 07-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Killemall
Good entertainment Zyborg. Thanks

Races looked clean and fair to me. Theres no right or wrong way to honk. People will complain regardless. That assuming they even hear the honks. Too fast...too slow.....exhaust to loud ect.

In the end you won
Yes sir,

You and i have been around a while and know how things are, there will always be the complainers....

We just go out there and put in work, if we win we mark one up, if we loose we try to learn from it and be ready for the next one.

Maybe you should watch all his vid's... He pulls vipers,bolt on c6's, other h/c c5z like it's cool
I have never raced "h/c c5z's"..... Only cammed... And i dont always win...
Old 07-07-2012, 07:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
little fact about jumping here. The ONLY time a jump will win you the race is if you are racing a car that is dead even with you. If your racing a car that is faster then you and you jump on it, it will still eventually catch you. This is roll racing, not drag racing people.
I have seen 100% opposite in all of my racers. Unless there is a considerable power difference the jump means a LOT in a roll race.

Me and my buddy use to run all the time while cruising just because.. If I got the hit, I murdered him, if we left at the same time I pulled around 2 lengths or so on him, if he got the jump he pulled about 1-1.5 on me.... Which is roughly 3-3.5 cars difference. It isn't easy stopping momentum, making it back up, then passing someone in as shot races as most of us do.

For this reason, I never allow someone to take the hit on me.. Especially a manual car.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

A chase is a race. If I thought he got the jump racing him I wouldn't have hit it.

If you street race you always try to get the avantage. One time years ago I was in a LT1 racing a blown built 5.0 with him giving me 2 car head start. I opened the door like something was wrong with the car looking down and then smacked it shutting the door. Stang bogged and then took off. Not enough to catch me.
Supra guys were easy too. I always sat when the flagger waved us off so they got hot taking off. Second run I was cool-they were not.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Hell he probably has a vid of one those......he runs everything he can find

Zyborg vs this...Zyborg vs that....Zyborg vs a 3 legged dog....
Agreed.

Something else I found funny was In another thread he's concerned about pulling a basically stock BOSS 302 and yet walks away from a Gen 3 Viper like its standing still and seems to have no problem hanging in there with cammed C5 Z's. lol
Old 07-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
A chase is a race. If I thought he got the jump racing him I wouldn't have hit it.
Stop the madness! You are making too much sense....

Originally Posted by 916 BREDWNR
Agreed.

Something else I found funny was In another thread he's concerned about pulling a basically stock BOSS 302 and yet walks away from a Gen 3 Viper like its standing still and seems to have no problem hanging in there with cammed C5 Z's. lol
I do try to race whatever, to measure where my car is at. Its all in good fun at the end. I lose some and win some, but I always learn and get to "fight" another day.

One thing you are missing is not all cars perform the same regardless of being identical in model, make, year and mods. And you are right, I would be concerned about the BOSS you are referring to "evangto87" BOSS, that BOSS is not "basically stock" like you are making it seem.

I can already tell that that BOSS will run like a champ. How you may ask? Its because the guy pays attention to detail and he drives the hell out of his car. He is not some duffus that comes out thinking that he has the race in the bag just cause he has a bausss!

Street racing is a chess game in a way, Ill leave it at that...

Last edited by ZYBORG; 07-08-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Quick Reply: ZYBORG vs VIPER vs COBRA vs C5 Z06 vs M5