Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

STUPID PEOPLE (vent thread)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 05:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STUPID PEOPLE (vent thread)

Pulled hard on a v6 camaro today. No vids, sorry. **** was funny. GOOD KILL!

Anyway...

So I got lost in youtube for the last few hours and during that time, I watched a video of a corvette pulling a supra. I realize that everyone isn't car savvy, but since when does everyone think every supra has 1207461798236497186249 horsepower? I've seen a 300whp honda and a mach1, but I realize that every honda isn't a 300whp honda and every mustang isn't a mach1. Jeez. Let me show you guys some of the comments that I've read.

"supra was trolling that gay *** ZO6 for crying out loud u ignorant ****, go watch other youtube videos of supras, theyll smoke lambos and ****"

"Z06 gas on supra gas of what u want to tell us that Z06 is faster than a supra.....idiot" <----the **** was he even trying to say?

"Supras are for stupid poor ricers who cannot afford a real car"

"Awkward moment when a car that costs HALF The price of yours and STILL LOOKS BETTER, not to mention has a way bigger "wow look at that!" rather then "hey look, another Corvette... eh they're all over who cares... look a squirrel!" Not to mention with proper tuning Supra's slay Lamborghinis and stay reliable and keep up with all the new technology even though they are almost 10 years old... Supra > Whorevette."

"(JAP SHITBOX) Your ******* crazy or really dumb the Japanese has the greatest technology in cars you Z06 will never beat a GTR and even a Fully tuned Z06 vs a Fully tune supra you will still lose... And why you keep saying N****R in every comments? are you black? or White Racist or something? Get it straight you lose!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is all. Also, I hurt my toe and I don't have a million dollars! There now I feel better.

Feel free to vent for yourself!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

ok... i'll take a whack at it... the videos you were watching was of Supra's beating Vette's and the comments people where sayin a well tuned Supra will always beat a Vette?
Old 07-24-2012, 07:11 AM
Teching In

I don't even read comments on YouTube for this exact reason. I have yet to comment on a single YouTube video.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:46 AM

I disable comments on my videos. For some reason everyone become retarded on youtube.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

No... everyone on youtube are technical genius's who know more about your car then you and what parts you should have gotten...lol
Old 07-24-2012, 09:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

90% of YouTube comments come
From kids just going off of there knowledge from need for speed and fast and the furious movies..
Old 07-24-2012, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes I can't believe I've actually got into arguments on youtube vids like that. Realized shortly after that it was going nowhere. Good idea on disabling the comments since most guys link to their vid from a forum anyways. Save the comments for the actual car guys and leave the Bieber fans out of it.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:03 AM
D79
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

+1 on youtube comments. People are dumb. Just ignore them and hopefully they will realize it one day.

Now on to a couple things I have witnessed people say and do at my local scene.
First one is my favorite.
There was this kid with a 99-04 riced out v6 mustang. He legitimately thought his car was fast. Claiming he has traction issues all the way through 1st and 2nd gear. He was also standing right next to a cammed LS1 camaro, with the cut-out open. As the LS1 lopping away at idle, he claims that the camaro is a v6. I thought he was joking at first. NOPE! He was straight faced and serious. He then challenges the camaro to a race. The camaro gives the mustang 2-3 cars and the hit (at the mustangs request). They ran from 40-90
http://youtu.be/Peyrvd_R_Hg

Other than that I another guy tell me that he had an eclipse that has a 102mm turbo at 35psi and it red lines at 14,000 rpm... yes 14,000... When I said "WOW! tell me more about this thing. What did you do to the bottom end to handle that?" (I knew he was full of ****, just curious to see what he would say) "Just rebuilt it to factory spec" I just bust out laughing. Then later on he was telling people (including me) that he had on 04 cobra that he swapped the 4.6 for a 5.0 from 1993 cobra and put a 2.2 kenne bell on it. When he asked why he claimed the 5.0 was more powerful and was stronger than the 4.6 that came in 2003-2004 cobras.

Some people...

Last edited by D79; 07-24-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:07 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OP is a retard for taking youtube comments srs.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree i cant stand to even click on the comments, thats a whole new breed of stupid, and i find it funny that almost in everyone someone says,( yeah im getting one this week ) or my cousin has one with a turbo as well lol, tech has its few odd *****, some in higher places than others but they are far from the youtube comment pages lol
Old 07-24-2012, 11:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL, people with there mods are just funny. They put an exhaust on a V6 stang and think they can outrun anything. I never leave a comment on youtube for the exact reasons given above. Only time i will is to say nice vid or great race or something in those lines. Ive had a 99 Mustang GT swear he had pulled and killed ls1 camaro's ALL THE TIME hes words.

I left it alone for months till he talked to much sh*t one night and called him out and i would only race him with 2 witness one in my car and his for proof. He got demolished and i gave him the hit, his excuse well bro what do you expect you drive an SS i beat Z28's. Im like lol and the power difference between the 2 cars is NONE to the wheels they both SS or Z28 pull about the same power.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

I used to post on there a couple of years ago, but not any more. I can't deal with the stupid people.

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
I disable comments on my videos. For some reason everyone become retarded on youtube.
Good idea. That's what I would do if I posted videos on there.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beastmode89
I've seen a 300whp honda and a mach1, but I realize that every honda isn't a 300whp honda and every mustang isn't a mach1. Jeez.
op, you said i could vent so here it is, read what you wrote sounds just like youtube dumbasses. watch out for 300hp hondas and mach1s i hear they run 10's at that power level...............p.s. in before the lock. we have a bs thread for this
Old 07-24-2012, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
op, you said i could vent so here it is, read what you wrote sounds just like youtube dumbasses. watch out for 300hp hondas and mach1s i hear they run 10's at that power level...............p.s. in before the lock. we have a bs thread for this
Yosolo medina, mugen, and many more 300hp hondas(na) have broken 10s with about 300...if your venting about bullshit people say, make sure its actually bullshit?
Old 07-24-2012, 01:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ej1overspool
Yosolo medina, mugen, and many more 300hp hondas(na) have broken 10s with about 300...if your venting about bullshit people say, make sure its actually bullshit?
lol my buddies h2b actually ran 11.3 at 117 with less than 260whp. Car is a tin can but it gets it done! Another guy on Honda-Tech i know ran 11.3 at 118 with 310whp in a full interior/trim EK hatch.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:49 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah 2 or 3 people might have done it but it's not the norm... Most civics are 18 second shitboxes with fart cans on them. Very few are set up properly and fast. Most of it IS bullshit.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by adamantium
lol my buddies h2b actually ran 11.3 at 117 with less than 260whp. Car is a tin can but it gets it done! Another guy on Honda-Tech i know ran 11.3 at 118 with 310whp in a full interior/trim EK hatch.
Yosolo tuned a stock k20 in akis(hiboost). Eg and ran 11.5...
Old 07-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
Yeah 2 or 3 people might have done it but it's not the norm... Most civics are 18 second shitboxes with fart cans on them. Very few are set up properly and fast. Most of it IS bullshit.
There is a whole class for these low to mid 3xxwhp civics its alot more common than you think. Fastest one right now has broken into the 9s at like 135 if i remember right. Cars ARE street cars BUT by no means daily drivable. Studderin (member on here) has seen them run in person, he's ran against them ask him about them. Here are 2 setups almost identical.

Both full interior...

Yosolo tuned a stock k20 in akis(hiboost). Eg and ran 11.5...
Yeah i remember seeing that a year or 2 ago on nyce1s. His car was very light too.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

I was actually watching a video of a vette beating a supra. I wasn't mad, mostly shocked at the stupidity of the people commenting. The general statement was that the supra wasn't trying, because all supras travel at light speed. And they all think this because they saw a supra outrun a Ferrari in a movie that one time back when they were 12. Some peoples children
Old 07-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Beastmode89
I was actually watching a video of a vette beating a supra. I wasn't mad, mostly shocked at the stupidity of the people commenting. The general statement was that the supra wasn't trying, because all supras travel at light speed. And they all think this because they saw a supra outrun a Ferrari in a movie that one time back when they were 12. Some peoples children
Who cares man its youtube, i troll on there all the time. To take ANYTHING on an anonymous posting site serious is pretty dumb.