Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

G8 vs 4g63 eclipse gsx at some point

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G8 vs 4g63 eclipse gsx at some point

some kid is running his mouth that he will Dust any LS series engine once his engine gets rebuilt. so much so he said with the rebuilt engine but all stock except the rotating assembly he will easily beat my "pos g8" am i missing something here lol. Im confused because i would consider a stock eclipse gsx with a rebuilt engine or not to still be a 14 second or high 13 car right?

someone educate me. the best part. the car isn't even running but he is calling me out lol.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Have him join these forums and post his setup.

Typical slow piece of **** is what he has.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:44 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

GSX's are interesting because they can be absolute monsters or junk and very hard to tell the difference. We would need to know more about his build, turbo trim, fueling to get a better idea on how capable it would be. The bottom end of the older 4g63's have been plagued with crank walk so if he is doing it right, his setup should be more capable.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by willizm
GSX's are interesting because they can be absolute monsters or junk and very hard to tell the difference. We would need to know more about his build, turbo trim, fueling to get a better idea on how capable it would be. The bottom end of the older 4g63's have been plagued with crank walk so if he is doing it right, his setup should be more capable.
Ehh, from my experience I've learned that whenever someone brings out the "I'll be able to beat any ____ powered car" type of idiocy that they are full of lots of **** and little knowledge. His car will be either slow as hell or in need of a new engine in the immediate future I surmise.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

he said it was a 1g whatever that means? i dunno and that everything would be stock minus the rotating assembly. I've looked up some midly modded DSMs and they all seem to be 13 second cars with a few running bottom 13s. it just blows my mind. the worst is he thinks the G8 is a pos car and worthless i mean i know its not some bentley but this guy is super narrow minded. he then said i backed out of racing him. but yet he doesn't have a car ready to race lol.... this guy uses some crazy ricer logic.... i honestly don't think he will ever have it running.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

Please tell me you are one of the guys stationed at Lewis/McChord in Washington? If not, where? It's truly not that hard to list where you are from when you fill out your info in the control panel.

Other then that, I would tell him to put up or shut up. His POS is always gonna be either broken down or 'being upgraded', either way it leaves him using his Nikes and ricer math to entertain himself. Unless you are exaggerating what he said maybe? Cuz he sounds like a total douche that I am surprised you hang out with.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:19 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
he said it was a 1g whatever that means? i dunno and that everything would be stock minus the rotating assembly. I've looked up some midly modded DSMs and they all seem to be 13 second cars with a few running bottom 13s. it just blows my mind. the worst is he thinks the G8 is a pos car and worthless i mean i know its not some bentley but this guy is super narrow minded. he then said i backed out of racing him. but yet he doesn't have a car ready to race lol.... this guy uses some crazy ricer logic.... i honestly don't think he will ever have it running.
Is this a facebook group or something? Ask him what turbo he's going with and how many lbs of boost he plans on making with it.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:24 PM
10 Second Club

Didn't read through the responses but he's a ******* moron.

All stock but the rotating assy? If he had a clue what he was doing he'd leave the rotating assy stock and build the head.

Dumbass.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Staging Lane

+2 to facebook.
Pass us a link!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Sounds like he doesnt know much about his own car so I wouldnt worry. A gsx built right can be quick as hell so find out what is going into his build. I am actually building one right now, figured it will be a fun daily driver but I have hopes of making a profit off of it to fund my dream of owning a WS6
Old 08-06-2012, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im not stationed anywhere anymore. I was at Fort Campbell for a good while when i was in the Army. Air assault!!! use to drag race at beech bend when i had my Trans am.

anyhow the guy stop talking when a few other people joined in to make fun of him. and trust me nothing was made up. this guy is just the pure definition of a narrow minded ricer.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

DSM can be fast as hell ! You can get 300hp+ with bolt-ons and ebay parts.

1G refers to the 1st gen GSX's(90-94). They came with 6bolt engines. The 7 bolt came in the 95-99, which had problems with crankwalk !
Old 08-06-2012, 10:10 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Daz
DSM can be fast as hell ! You can get 300hp+ with bolt-ons and ebay parts.

1G refers to the 1st gen GSX's(90-94). They came with 6bolt engines. The 7 bolt came in the 95-99, which had problems with crankwalk !
Yeah but this one wont be.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:34 AM
Banned

109 mph is nothing to be all high mighty about, a stock 1g with bolt ons and a 16g e85 can easily see 300awhp. IF he's rebuilding with forged internals that bottom end (assuming its a 1g) is good for 650ish+ (depending what sort of internals he went with). Good luck.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:44 AM
Launching!

I agree with everyone that is saying the gsx can be fast as hell. My dad had one that pushed 300hp easy with bolt ons and it was a 1g which is a mean little engine if built right just get more info and hope and pray he's not rebuilding with forged internals and going with a bigger turbo because when most dsm guys build the 1g's they don't keep it stock. But on the other hand they are junk at times too, when one thing breaks you better be ready to spend some cash because something else will likely go wrong too. Sorry about the rambling I'm kind of a import guy too haha.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:31 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by adamantium
109 mph is nothing to be all high mighty about, a stock 1g with bolt ons and a 16g e85 can easily see 300awhp. IF he's rebuilding with forged internals that bottom end (assuming its a 1g) is good for 650ish+ (depending what sort of internals he went with). Good luck.
The stock 6 bolt will take 500-550 for years if you tune it right.

You don't build the bottom end of a DSM and leave the head stock. You build the head to make power and leave the bottom end alone unless you're going 35R or larger.

The only reason my Talon had a built bottom end was because after 185K miles of abuse it was starting to lose compression.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
some kid is running his mouth that he will Dust any LS series engine once his engine gets rebuilt. so much so he said with the rebuilt engine but all stock except the rotating assembly he will easily beat my "pos g8" am i missing something here lol. Im confused because i would consider a stock eclipse gsx with a rebuilt engine or not to still be a 14 second or high 13 car right?

someone educate me. the best part. the car isn't even running but he is calling me out lol.
I love it when my old DSM crew likes to flex their muscle. Here's one of many comments made to me from an 1G AWD laser owner (thought was a friend)

If it wasn't ment to be boosted they wouldn't make the kits for the car. Gettin loans is not having money if you wanna go there I recall you clearly sayin your still makin payments on the talon build from like 6 years ago anyone can build a car on credit. And I don't finish my car because I don't want too. I'm doing other things with my money like having fun. Not putting it into somethin that I know will break after a few pulls weather its an axle or any other stupid thing. And if I did do a V8 I would make sure it was at least 1500 on the first build not 600 that Any 4 cylinder can make. But I'm building a 4 cylinder to laugh at 600hp v8

This guy is a clown. Besides I'm sure my fully forged 376 LS3 will make more than 600. I feel your pain lol Keep in mind that not every DSM owner knows what it takes to build a high horsepower car.

Side Note: Most of us are able to pay cash for everything.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Staging Lane

lol@1500 comment.

"Pff you and your 600hp are nothing. If I wanted to I'd make 1500. Oh my current car? Well it only is 200 but lots of others ones like my engine make 600."
Old 08-07-2012, 08:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
lol@1500 comment.

"Pff you and your 600hp are nothing. If I wanted to I'd make 1500. Oh my current car? Well it only is 200 but lots of others ones like my engine make 600."
That's what I should have responded with.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Beans
The stock 6 bolt will take 500-550 for years if you tune it right.

You don't build the bottom end of a DSM and leave the head stock. You build the head to make power and leave the bottom end alone unless you're going 35R or larger.

The only reason my Talon had a built bottom end was because after 185K miles of abuse it was starting to lose compression.
I love em, idk why i really wanted a 1g after seeing this local guys car decimate everything basically.
Heres his dyno sheet, he's going with an auto now though.

Quick Reply: G8 vs 4g63 eclipse gsx at some point