Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Civic @ TX2K footage from 1320

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet_SS
Just my .2 cents here, but going from my 700AWHp 112 leaded octane fuel to my Boosted camaro on pump gas (91 octane) is alot more reliable. But then again, were talking about a DSM. I think 2SSARME is stating that 700hp V8 can be ran on pump gas with very little boost, where as an civic is over 25psi with e85 and a huge fuel system. There's plenty of V8 guys making over 650...700 locally on stockish 5th Gen camaro's on 12 psi and pump gas with no meth. Good luck trying that on a DSM or Honda. I ran my buddies manual awd 91 Eclipse on 35psi...GT4202 while at 8psi on my TC78 and stock LS1 (A4) and took him. He's fully forged bottom end with built head and stage 4 shep trans. The best part was, I filled the car up at the nearest Chevron Again, just my .2 cents.
So because it makes 700whp on pump it makes it more reliable then a 700whpp on E85? MY friends civic is running -8 lines with dual intank pumps, big injectors. ANY car that wants to make power needs a supporting fuel system. Thats cool we fill up our E85 cars at gas stations too, oh and down here there are more than plenty to choose from. I got 3 with in a 10 minute driving radius Infact i got one down the road from my house. Its all preference, fast is fast.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mmm without me in it my civics weight is 2260...weeell over 500fwhp before nitrous...power to weight is everything...the same whp in a 3260 will be slower, 4260 and so on...saying that something is only fast because its light is kind of...pointless, that applies to everyone.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adamantium
So because it makes 700whp on pump it makes it more reliable then a 700whpp on E85? MY friends civic is running -8 lines with dual intank pumps, big injectors. ANY car that wants to make power needs a supporting fuel system. Thats cool we fill up our E85 cars at gas stations too, oh and down here there are more than plenty to choose from. I got 3 with in a 10 minute driving radius Infact i got one down the road from my house. Its all preference, fast is fast.

25psi + to make 700 on a honda v. 8-12 psi on a V8...ummm how is this not more reliable? How hard is that motor being pushed? Oh, you missed what I was saying about not having to run e85 or race gas to make that power either. Like you said, hope your buddy get's a perfect mix of that gas. I've been into imports for over 10 years, your not going to convince me that a high horsepower 4 cyl doesn't require more up keep...maintenance than a V8 making the same power with less boost on pump.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sweet_SS
25psi + to make 700 on a honda v. 8-12 psi on a V8...ummm how is this not more reliable? How hard is that motor being pushed? Oh, you missed what I was saying about not having to run e85 or race gas to make that power either. Like you said, hope your buddy get's a perfect mix of that gas. I've been into imports for over 10 years, your not going to convince me that a high horsepower 4 cyl doesn't require more up keep...maintenance than a V8 making the same power with less boost on pump.
Man. PSI is irrelevant, PSI doesn't kill motors the power output does. He's 100+ whp below the stock sleeve limit.

E85 mix doesn't change in FL. Sorry to disappoint.

Oh so how about you enlighten me what sort of special maintenance does my buddy's honda need, since apparently you know.

Pretty weird, last i knew these stock 5.3l motors need more than 9-10psi to make 700whp. Denmah on here is using a massive borg warner and 22psi and nitrous to make 640ish through an auto. My friends making 747whp at 30psi, stock liter, std bore, stock sleeve engine.

So does that mean that denmah's car is all the sudden not reliable and needs "maintenance" that its seeing 22psi? or no it only apply's to hondas? lollllllll
Old 08-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Maybe I just haven't seen properly built hondas then. Down here anyone pushing any significant power (anywhere over 3xx fwhp) goes boom very quick.

5th gen owner probably had no idea of his power level. Then again, prochargers are ******* gay for anything except the track.

Lots of us like to dig race . You know, you hit 2k rpm before 5k, so it's nice to get into full torque at once if you can plant it to the ground. I bet I would smoke a 7xx fwhp from a dig. Sure he'll pass me sitting still once speeds increase but not many people fly up to 150-160mph.
My bad it was a 60 roll in 4th that we did (this run was like 6-7 months ago). Heres the run we stopped in 5th gear. The run before we did the 40 and we spun and were half a car behind him. I was pass in accord (200lbs), 5th gen was riding solo.

As you could see as soon as he would creep back and we would stop his pull every time we would wind out the gear. This is before the car got a proper tune it made 340 on this tune. It now makes 398 maxing out the 255 on 10psi, the torque and power band got broad as **** after the new tune on the same psi too.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

Man. PSI is irrelevant, PSI doesn't kill motors the power output does. He's 100+ whp below the stock sleeve limit.

E85 mix doesn't change in FL. Sorry to disappoint.

Oh so how about you enlighten me what sort of special maintenance does my buddy's honda need, since apparently you know.

Pretty weird, last i knew these stock 5.3l motors need more than 9-10psi to make 700whp. Denmah on here is using a massive borg warner and 22psi and nitrous to make 640ish through an auto. My friends making 747whp at 30psi, stock liter, std bore, stock sleeve engine.

So does that mean that denmah's car is all the sudden not reliable and needs "maintenance" that its seeing 22psi? or no it only apply's to hondas? lollllllll
What the hell are you talking about?...The more psi that you run causes more heat thats why you have to run higher octaine fuel to stop detination....lol..so higher compression dosen't cause stress on pistons,heads or rods? hahaha
Old 08-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bh353
What the hell are you talking about?...The more psi that you run causes more heat thats why you have to run higher octaine fuel to stop detination....lol..so higher compression dosen't cause stress on pistons,heads or rods? hahaha
Okay. Then how do you explain stock evo motors running 30psi in completely stock form? the higher heat isn't only what causes detonation, lack of fuel or to much spark does, or very high IAT (E85 helps alot) Another d00d i know had a stock sleeve LSVTEC on 12.5:1 compression pistons on 12psi, if cylinder pressure would destroy the head (LOL) rods and pistons then this **** woulda been dead a long time ago. Here's some pics.

Just because you have turbos spining alot of PSI and heating up the IAT's doesn't mean for sure it'll explode. Their is E85, race gas, meth for this. IAT's rise after every race anyways, running a high HP motor over and over on pump 91 or 93 (pushing its limits) while the IATs rise is just as risky if we are talking in terms of heat causing detonation.

Last edited by adamantium; 08-09-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

Okay. Then how do you explain stock evo motors running 30psi in completely stock form? the higher heat isn't only what causes detonation, lack of fuel or to much spark does, or very high IAT (E85 helps alot) Another d00d i know had a stock sleeve LSVTEC on 12.5:1 compression pistons on 12psi, if cylinder pressure would destroy the head (LOL) rods and pistons then this **** woulda been dead a long time ago. Here's some pics.

Just because you have turbos spining alot of PSI and heating up the IAT's doesn't mean for sure it'll explode. Their is E85, race gas, meth for this. IAT's rise after every race anyways, running a high HP motor over and over on pump 91 is just as risky if we are talking in terms of heat causing detonation.
Do you even understand what e85 is? E85 is a poor mans race fuel..the power output between the two aren't even comparable..You will consume twice as much of e85 compared to race fuel just to make the horsepower..Heat is the biggest killer of an engine and the higher the compression the more heat it will produce..
Old 08-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

Too much spark?lol maybe to much advance,but not too much spark.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Banned

Do you even understand what e85 is? E85 is a poor mans race fuel..the power output between the two aren't even comparable..You will consume twice as much of e85 compared to race fuel just to make the horsepower..Heat is the biggest killer of an engine and the higher the compression the more heat it will produce..
Do YOU know what E85 is? Lol do you even know what E85 does to your intake charge?

Seriously if you want to say a motor on 91 or 93 is more reliable to an engine on e85 you are seriously delusional.

Too much spark?lol maybe to much advance,but not too much spark.
Yeah that was a brain fart, was thinking actual timing advance, not spark.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Staging Lane

Just because you have turbos spining alot of PSI and heating up the IAT's doesn't mean for sure it'll explode. Their is E85, race gas, meth for this. IAT's rise after every race anyways, running a high HP motor over and over on pump 91 or 93 (pushing its limits) while the IATs rise is just as risky if we are talking in terms of heat causing detonation.
Those pistons don't look stock to me...are they forged?
Old 08-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Banned

Those pistons don't look stock to me...are they forged?
Yeah there wiseco 12.5's. On honda's you don't raise compression enough by just milling the head, the easier way is to add dome to the piston. My buddy ordered the wrong pistons and said **** it and ran em. The car still detonated pretty bad in cyl 1 (usually leanest cyl in civics) but never fucked up the stock sleeve, or cracked a ringland or nothing (surprisingly). This was on only 12psi too.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Staging Lane

Do YOU know what E85 is? Lol do you even know what E85 does to your intake charge?

Seriously if you want to say a motor on 91 or 93 is more reliable to an engine on e85 you are seriously delusional.

Yeah that was a brain fart, was thinking actual timing advance, not spark.
Yes i know what it does on the intake charge...it's a cooler charge,but it dosen't make the power that race fuel does...Bottom line you will spend more money per tank of fuel with E85 than you would with 110 octane race fuel...
Old 08-09-2012, 10:10 PM

Rediculous compression under boost =0
Old 08-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Banned

Yes i know what it does on the intake charge...it's a cooler charge,but it dosen't make the power that race fuel does...Bottom line you will spend more money per tank of fuel with E85 than you would with 110 octane race fuel...
E85 is oxygenated like race gas, it makes good power over 93, it drastically lowers IATs it has alot of pluses over 93. E85 is also 1/4th the price of race gas.

Which is why i wouldn't waste my time with 93 alone, id atleast run meth with it.

Not sure what this has to do with the original discussion but okay.

Originally Posted by ej1overspool
Rediculous compression under boost =0
lol yep ive seen some crazy ****. Motor saw hell.

I forgot what happened one time while he was street tuning and eating **** he misshifted or downshifted from 3rd to 2nd and decimated a sparkplug. lol rod stretched and the pistons had contact with a spark plug. Nothing happened through a spark plug back in her and gave it hell.

Heres cyl 1.

He pulled em just cause he wanted to safely make over 4xx on the stock sleeves. Not because of failure, he sold em and that guy is using them now in his turbo integra lol.

Last edited by adamantium; 08-09-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Teching In

This thread went lol. But your stupid trying to argue that a 4 cylinder making alot of power is as reliable or nearly as reliable as a V8.

It's been fun and quite cheap making my Hondas go fast, but at the end of the day I'll probably keep one of them to track and get a V8 to drag race.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
This thread went lol. But your stupid trying to argue that a 4 cylinder making alot of power is as reliable or nearly as reliable as a V8.

It's been fun and quite cheap making my Hondas go fast, but at the end of the day I'll probably keep one of them to track and get a V8 to drag race.
Obviously an engine 100whp away from its limits is closer to failure than an engine rated to make 1000whp+. Being a v8 doesn't change that. that's like saying my friends setup at 400, it'll last a VERY long time. It all depends on the setup which is what i said early on in the discussion. The whole discussion is moot and pretty stupid to begin with.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

So according to Adaman, running higher boost doesn't stress motors now. lol. Damn brb going to put 35psi through my v8.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
So according to Adaman, running higher boost doesn't stress motors now. lol. Damn brb going to put 35psi through my v8.
lol learn how to read brah. Being that your a manlet id expect your mind to be normal people size, unlike your body. Nom saiyan?
Old 08-10-2012, 07:10 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Another one bites the dust.

Quick Reply: Civic @ TX2K footage from 1320