Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Looking for a Stock C5 to run in long island

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Imjordan
I have a good feeling you will beat a stock C5
I don't think so, I think it will be a damn good race. I'm not trying to run a car that I think I know I will beat, I think it's pretty even so that's why I want to do it.

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
lol....
Why the lolz, because it's a mostly stock all motor accord that's trying to run a vette? It's ok I'm used to it. That what the ls2 6 speed gto said along with everyone else

I'm not here to start anything. I just want to find a fellow enthusiast who has a mostly stock c5 and a camera.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how hard would it be to swap in one of those 290hp rated acura TL/RL J35-A8 into a older accord like yours? My little brother has one like yours: he said no to a turbo, but a engine swap to another honda engine is different. His is late 2001 Accord V6 coupe, same lines as yours. It's already got the CAI, headers+ catback and tune. Pretty slow, probably low 14's.

Last edited by Sticks n Stones; 10-06-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by actACCORDingly
I don't think so, I think it will be a damn good race. I'm not trying to run a car that I think I know I will beat, I think it's pretty even so that's why I want to do it.

Why the lolz, because it's a mostly stock all motor accord that's trying to run a vette? It's ok I'm used to it. That what the ls2 6 speed gto said along with everyone else

I'm not here to start anything. I just want to find a fellow enthusiast who has a mostly stock c5 and a camera.
Its also an engine swap... I've seen someone say roughly the same thing about it being a stock motor when he dropped a crate LS6 into an Fbody. LOL Its in there for a reason, so don't downplay that too much.

Either way, wish you luck on your C5 journey. Whereabouts in long island are you located anyway?
Old 10-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Well a properly driven LS2 GTO should be as fast or faster than a c5 stock for stock so sounds like you should win.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Teching In

So at around 300whp and 3100lbs, you probably expect to be somewhere close to 108-110 trap range? Is that why you picked a C5 Vette?
Old 10-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
how hard would it be to swap in one of those 290hp rated acura TL/RL RB25's into a older accord like yours? My little brother has one like yours: he said no to a turbo, but a engine swap to another honda engine is different. His is late 90's Accord V6, same lines as yours. It's already got the CAI, headers+ catback and tune. Pretty slow, probably low 14's.
I literally have no idea what your taking about. The rb25 is a motor out of a Nissan skyline. And even with full bolt ons and a tune I see it very hard to get out of the high 15s with my gen v6. The stock j30a1 is a horrible engine and te automatic transmission is one of the worst transmissions ever. Stock they dyno at 150-160whp.

Originally Posted by odthetruth
Its also an engine swap... I've seen someone say roughly the same thing about it being a stock motor when he dropped a crate LS6 into an Fbody. LOL Its in there for a reason, so don't downplay that too much.

Either way, wish you luck on your C5 journey. Whereabouts in long island are you located anyway?
I live in Garden City. But yea you manifest a good point haha.

Originally Posted by V8EATR
Well a properly driven LS2 GTO should be as fast or faster than a c5 stock for stock so sounds like you should win.
Yea who knows how well it was driven. We were really neck and neck. I pulled on him and he pulled on me. Also that run was with my old motor.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlackGasGuzzler
So at around 300whp and 3100lbs, you probably expect to be somewhere close to 108-110 trap range? Is that why you picked a C5 Vette?
Yes sir. I figured it would be most even that way.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 439 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by odthetruth

That would be me ....now this guy has a swap....and a cool one. You see the difference???? completely different engine(and # of cyl) and not one that bolts right in place and runs on a stock tune. This is the motor I have said honda guys should be swappin instead of foolin with that turdy 4cyl. Then they can have a car around them and have it move out pretty good.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
That would be me ....now this guy has a swap....and a cool one. You see the difference???? completely different engine(and # of cyl) and not one that bolts right in place and runs on a stock tune. This is the motor I have said honda guys should be swappin instead of foolin with that turdy 4cyl. Then they can have a car around them and have it move out pretty good.
thanks man, i appreciate it. they move pretty well.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:20 PM
TECH Resident

Figured it was, but wasn't 100% on it. Now I know. lol
Old 10-05-2012, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

And you still drive a gay Accord.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:14 PM
9 Second Club

What's with all these import guys whoring out their cars on here lately? Not saying there is anything wrong with it, just ironic that's all....
Old 10-05-2012, 10:28 PM
TECH Resident

Probably one of the few last decent Street race sections in forums.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:37 PM
9 Second Club

Even for the import guys? Sheesh that's sad.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:01 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
lol....
x2 ..lolol
Old 10-06-2012, 10:13 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

Bet you feel super-cool with the bumper that doesn't match, wheels that are big and look ridiculous, and the ebay-special headlights that look like ****.

Here's an idea: put the entire exterior, including wheels, to stock and make it a sleeper. That'd be cooler than your current rice-edition accord.

Last edited by audacious nick; 10-06-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by audacious nick
Bet you feel super-cool with the bumper that doesn't match, wheels that are big and look ridiculous, and the ebay-special headlights that look like ****.

Here's an idea: put the entire exterior, including wheels, to stock and make it a sleeper. That'd be cooler than your current rice-edition accord.
thanks for the comment, Its actually not rice at all. The front bumper doesn't match because it was in an accident and the whole car is actually going into paint this month, those wheels are forged BBS's from when the car used to be low and slow, and the headlights are blackhoused oems. The car is an ultra sleeper. Theres literally zero modifications to the exterior other then my real bbs wheels, a Honda OEM front lip and blackhousings. Hell, the car doesn't even have tints. Hate on it as much as you want. Like i said in a few earlier posts, it used to look nice until i crashed it. Im very aware of how it looks now.

Last edited by actACCORDingly; 10-06-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Staging Lane

I literally have no idea what your taking about. The rb25 is a motor out of a Nissan skyline. And even with full bolt ons and a tune I see it very hard to get out of the high 15s with my gen v6. The stock j30a1 is a horrible engine and te automatic transmission is one of the worst transmissions ever. Stock they dyno at 150-160whp.
Had to call my brother. It's a 2001 Accord coupe with a engine swap already done by previous owner. He doesn't remember what engine it is, but said he remembers it being a "200 or 220hp" engine.

The RB25 thing was a typo. I meant J35-A8 engine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_J_engine Been doing too much import research lately and they engine numbers start blurring together....
Old 10-06-2012, 03:13 PM
***Repost Police***

thanks for the comment, Its actually not rice at all. The front bumper doesn't match because it was in an accident and the whole car is actually going into paint this month, those wheels are forged BBS's from when the car used to be low and slow, and the headlights are blackhoused oems. The car is an ultra sleeper. Theres literally zero modifications to the exterior other then my real bbs wheels, a Honda OEM front lip and blackhousings. Hell, the car doesn't even have tints. Hate on it as much as you want. Like i said in a few earlier posts, it used to look nice until i crashed it. Im very aware of how it looks now.
I like it
Old 10-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats different, my friend has a cd7 2 door with a turbo k24, not sure if you'll keep up with a stock c5 would probably have to be auto.

Show me one fast 6cyl competeing with the fastest "street car" all motor class. Show me one atleast please. Just because it has more cylinders doesn't mean its any better. Ive seen plenty of j swapped civics get torn down by bolt on k-series cars.

Quick Reply: Looking for a Stock C5 to run in long island