Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Looking for a Stock C5 to run in long island

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Had to call my brother. It's a 2001 Accord coupe with a engine swap already done by previous owner. He doesn't remember what engine it is, but said he remembers it being a "200 or 220hp" engine.

The RB25 thing was a typo. I meant J35-A8 engine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_J_engine Been doing too much import research lately and they engine numbers start blurring together....
I'g guessing its a J32a2 swap then. The J35a8 everyone asks about and I answer this question maybe 100x a day haha. The J35a3 is actually the best one you can buy, performance wise. They're two different gens of engines. Simply for generation examples, the J35a3 would be like your gen III (LS1) and the J35a8 would be the Gen IV (LS2). The J35a3 is a J32a2 (type s motor) that is factory stroked, the only j35 that uses steel sleeves, it has a factory forged crank and forged rods, and it had the best flowing heads out of any j series. Honda being sneaky gave the J32a2 and the J35a3 the same part numbers for everything except the rotating assembly. I'm one of the first people to use these motors in a swap because they only come from the awd acura mdx and no body though that the 6 speed transmission from the acura cl type s would bolt up to an awd motor. The J35a8 is a factory stroked j32a3 but it uses less aggressive cams, worse flowing head, and literally has 0 aftermarket. The factory tune was just more aggressive on it. Thats why it yields those stock crank numbers much higher then the J35a3. If he needs help tell him to contact me on J32a.com, my username is the same as it is on here.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I like it
thanks man

Originally Posted by adamantium
Thats different, my friend has a cd7 2 door with a turbo k24, not sure if you'll keep up with a stock c5 would probably have to be auto.
I'm positive Ill eat a stock auto, I want to run a 6 speed.

Show me one fast 6cyl competeing with the fastest "street car" all motor class. Show me one atleast please. Just because it has more cylinders doesn't mean its any better. Ive seen plenty of j swapped civics get torn down by bolt on k-series cars.
The J series are just starting to get big now, not a lot of aftermarket. How many bone stock k series are running 10.0s in the 1/4 with a turbo thrown on it? 0 Seriously, the guy who did that never even took the valve cover off. He actually did it racing that blue 300c SRT-8 (Nikko) and won. I can show you my build thread or his if you'd like. Bone stock J series motors, I'm supposed to reach over 800whp with mine. Chris Miller and precision turbo are helping me out a lot with the build.

Last edited by actACCORDingly; 10-06-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by actACCORDingly

I'm positive Ill eat a stock auto, I want to run a 6 speed.
My car with longtubes, ported TB, lid, K&N, and dumped ORY untuned beat a intake exhaust c5 auto by like 2.5 cars, my car should be traping 110-111ish. I think it should be close between you and a manual stock c5.

The J series are just starting to get big now, not a lot of aftermarket. How many bone stock k series are running 10.0s in the 1/4 with a turbo thrown on it? 0 Seriously, the guy who did that never even took the valve cover off. He actually did it racing that blue 300c SRT-8 (Nikko) and won. I can show you my build thread or his if you'd like. Bone stock J series motors, I'm supposed to reach over 800whp with mine. Chris Miller and precision turbo are helping me out a lot with the build.

100% bone stock j32 with a borg warner s366
At what mph was that 10.0 run? E/Ts don't really mean much if were talking about power, but anyways i know local shop ran 10.1 at 148 but thats no where near the record. Car was completely stock longblock on race gas made 7xxwhp gotta find the video.

Originally Posted by cubish
Motor: Stock Internals K20a2
Power: 725hp 31psi
Turbo: Turbonetics 64/68bb
Manifold: Fab Worx Sidewinder
Wastegate Size: Dual Tial 38 mvs
BOV: Tial 50MM
Injector Manufacturer and Size: FIC 2000cc
Piping(including dowpipe and exhaust): 3inch down pipe, 2 1/2 inch hot side, 3" cold side.

10.1@148 in a full body EM1
In a full interior/full body em1 with some things taken out it could've easily went 10.0s But ill get back to you when i find the fastest stock longblock forgot how to find it lol.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your going to buy a c5z or 03cobra go for the z,99% of cobra owners would trade for a c5z, there just that much better
Old 10-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
If your going to buy a c5z or 03cobra go for the z,99% of cobra owners would trade for a c5z, there just that much better
This id take a z over a cobra any day.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 439 Likes on 345 Posts

Thats different, my friend has a cd7 2 door with a turbo k24, not sure if you'll keep up with a stock c5 would probably have to be auto.

Show me one fast 6cyl competeing with the fastest "street car" all motor class. Show me one atleast please. Just because it has more cylinders doesn't mean its any better. Ive seen plenty of j swapped civics get torn down by bolt on k-series cars.
We both know the fastest n/a 4cly has nothing streetable about it....so don't even bother goin there. This guy did what the other Honda guys should've been doin years ago.....and I'm no honda fan. This is way better than that 4cyl junk for a street car. His car should have good tractable power instead of some on/off switch turbo honda ****.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
We both know the fastest n/a 4cly has nothing streetable about it....so don't even bother goin there. This guy did what the other Honda guys should've been doin years ago.....and I'm no honda fan. This is way better than that 4cyl junk for a street car. His car should have good tractable power instead of some on/off switch turbo honda ****.
dude you have no idea what your talking about, you are aware to get any of the j-series that are worth swapping into a civic you need to cut a massive hole in the hood or make a retarded looking hood or sacrifice oil pan clearance by ALOT.

Besides that i wasn't saying they were street cars thats the name of the class. I personally agree those cars can't be daily driven, which is why i put street car in quotations.

If the 6cyl series swaps had more aftermarket support they would def be more common swaps, a local shop has been swaping them into everything as early as 2003-05 IIRC.

This car was around when i was in HS.

Last edited by adamantium; 10-06-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Teching In

I'll run you for comparison purposes... Then we can show Qazi and Moe the video lol Petrolwerks
Old 10-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Teching In

dude you have no idea what your talking about, you are aware to get any of the j-series that are worth swapping into a civic you need to cut a massive hole in the hood or make a retarded looking hood or sacrifice oil pan clearance by ALOT.

Besides that i wasn't saying they were street cars thats the name of the class. I personally agree those cars can't be daily driven, which is why i put street car in quotations.

If the 6cyl series swaps had more aftermarket support they would def be more common swaps, a local shop has been swaping them into everything as early as 2003-05 IIRC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USCwwpLc8Xw
Yea, I know P2R very well, I use every product they sell for the J series, I also know the owner Sean.

Originally Posted by jason335i
I'll run you for comparison purposes... Then we can show Qazi and Moe the video lol Petrolwerks
do I know you? and how do you know I know Qazi and Moe? They know my car VERY WELL. Its been towed there like 100 times, they've worked on it more then any other shop and they fixed the whole car after I crashed it.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Banned

Yea, I know P2R very well, I use every product they sell for the J series, I also know the owner Sean.
Yeah seans a cool guy, ive gone to his shop a bunch of times cause my tuners always there tuning and using there dyno. Check it out this is the Em1 i was talking about. Have you seen his fit? lol that thing is sweet i had a picture on my cell when i went last time.
http://marketplace.honda-tech.com/sh....php?t=2870692
Old 10-06-2012, 06:38 PM
10 Second Club

I know plenty....atleast it would be a swap worth doin. Hell I still would'nt fool with a honda body. That same engine is in Saturn Vue's with awd. Hang a turbo on one of those and you have a engine big enough to make decent power and a chassis to support it.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Teching In

I know plenty....atleast it would be a swap worth doin. Hell I still would'nt fool with a honda body. That same engine is in Saturn Vue's with awd. Hang a turbo on one of those and you have a engine big enough to make decent power and a chassis to support it.
almost everyone I know who has a j swap dailys it. they love it and they always get the same question, "What happens when it rains?" they're response "....nothing" they're damn good swaps. and they have clearance to close the hood if you get the hasport v2 mounts or change to the j37 intake manifold like I have.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Banned

K-series have made up to 700whp on stock bottom ends. Whats your point?
Old 10-06-2012, 10:36 PM
10 Second Club

K-series have made time bombs with 700whp on stock bottom ends. Whats your point?
Them or you are'nt fooling anyone with that junk. Go get one...their awesome.....put your money where your mouth is.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

4cyl are gay.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:54 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

thanks for the comment, Its actually not rice at all. The front bumper doesn't match because it was in an accident and the whole car is actually going into paint this month, those wheels are forged BBS's from when the car used to be low and slow, and the headlights are blackhoused oems. The car is an ultra sleeper. Theres literally zero modifications to the exterior other then my real bbs wheels, a Honda OEM front lip and blackhousings. Hell, the car doesn't even have tints. Hate on it as much as you want. Like i said in a few earlier posts, it used to look nice until i crashed it. Im very aware of how it looks now.
What bumper is that? Is that the stock with the little lip?
And those are now modified oem headlights, which now look terrible. What was the point of blackhousing them? As-is, it just looks like you bought the DEPO headlights off of ebay.
It'd be more effective to add DIY projectors, then paint the inside black so it matches, along with better light output. But if that's what you like, then kudos to you.

And it's really not ultra-sleeper.
Here's what ultra-sleeper would look like:
Old 10-07-2012, 12:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by audacious nick
What bumper is that? Is that the stock with the little lip?
And those are now modified oem headlights, which now look terrible. What was the point of blackhousing them? As-is, it just looks like you bought the DEPO headlights off of ebay.
It'd be more effective to add DIY projectors, then paint the inside black so it matches, along with better light output. But if that's what you like, then kudos to you.

And it's really not ultra-sleeper.
Here's what ultra-sleeper would look like:
Stock bumper with an oem front lip which came on my car from the factory. Those are oem headlights with blackhousings, the most popular cosmetic mod for my generation car. I was going to do retrofits, I had the projectors and everything but I had to many projects going on at the time so I sold them to my friend. You haven't even seen a pic of my car on the street. Sorry my real forged bbs wheels, are to much for you to handle which makes me a ricer. They're only 18s, which are the most popular sized aftermarket wheel for my gen accord. My racing wheels are my 15x8" Weld Prostars on my 26x8.5x15 hoosier slicks. I know all of that stuff makes me a ricer. Pffff i bet you have more racing inspired cosmetic enhancements then I do, and thats what rice stands for since you obviously have 0 idea what it means.

this is what my car used to look like.

this picture is the only picture I have with the 2002 front end. I crashed it about an hour later when some dick bumped me and sent me into a cement wall on the highway then ran. Also the headlights look great. I have no idea what your talking about.

Last edited by actACCORDingly; 10-07-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:36 AM
Banned

Them or you are'nt fooling anyone with that junk. Go get one...their awesome.....put your money where your mouth is.
Talking out of your ***, you've clearly said before you know nothing about hondas. Just stop.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

honestly.... why the hell is anyone talking about what you have to do to get a 6 cyl J series motor into a god damn civic?... THE OP IS DRIVING AN ACCORD AND LOOKING FOR A C5 TO RACE. Mother of god this is insane how people just love to argue about things that do not matter.

OP, I think you have a pretty badass car regardless of what any prude on ls1tech thinks. Its different... and it actually makes some decent power with nothing other then good ol KPA. Its a sporty coupe in my eyes. Just do yourself a favor and make sure you get a quality paint job... ive been down that road and finding good painters is damn near impossible these days. They are all in it to just make money. Pride in there work is gone. And honestly. I say screw getting a vette or a 03/04 cobra (god i hate how they are still called terminators). I would much rather have a 300+ N/A whp 6 cyl car that will upset the town folk simply because it is different and no one would EVER expect it. On ls1tech, most of the time you are shunned for standing out and doing different things. We all know a c5z and a cobra can be fast... but if im driving down the road in my stock vette, and an accord pulls up next to me.. and either hangs with me or beats me... thats awesome. Its different. My ONLY gripe about these cars is the FWD part because it makes it so hard to hook once you start getting into the big hp. One thing you will have to learn about this site, is to just ignore the ones who dont have anything good to say. That stupid expression goes.... "haters gonna hate".

To everyone else.... unless you have positive feedback.. why bother typing anything on here at all? Does it make you feel bigger about something thats missing in your life? Who honestly cares? He came on here very humble asking for a C5 vette to race because hes confident it would be a good race. Quite frankly... i hope he wins just so it can go up the haters asses. In the years Ive been on this site... as of late, its just been crazy how people dont have anything good to say.

OP hope you find a race and im routing for you.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:59 AM
Teching In

Talking out of your ***, you've clearly said before you know nothing about hondas. Just stop.
the j series is better then the K series. We just don't have the aftermarket yet. No stock K series is dynoing 300whp stock. The average k24 with a built head will make 275 on e85 and 18x lbs of tq. I made 297whp and 305tq on 87 with 18s. Mod to mod, we gain a lot more power then the K series, we have a **** ton more tq then the K series, and why do you think hasport is switching to the J series for their race cars from the K series. And the J series almost weighs the same. They barely offset the weight. Also you don't have to cut a whole in the hood in the newer civics, rsxs, ect. Only the old ones if you choose ground clearance. your argument is retarded, its only that civics have to cut a hole in the hood. really thats it? your complaint is that magically a much larger motor should fit in a car that was never intended to fit a v6. the muscle car guys did this with blowers and cowl hoods but i doubt you complain since you now have a 502 under the hood from your 305 in your g body. you didn't mention, tq, fuel efficiency, stock power to $$$, gains to cost ratio, ect. Ive been working on hondas for 2 years, Im good friends with Brian the owner of hasport, friend with Chris miller, and I know a lot of people in the honda game. Brian@hasport uses the J series, Chris miller uses the B series, and a lot of my friends use the H. The K is a good platform, but its no J.

Also this is for the antiricer: Hondas are a damn good platform to build race cars, thats why a lot of people use them. I don't understand why so many american car owners hate them. Granted there are a bunch of ricers but not everyone is a ricer who owns a honda. Look at my car for example, I have legitimate racing wheels, blackhousings headlights, and thats it. Everything about my car is functional from the 24mm progress rear sway bars to the aeromotive fuel pump. I track it, use it as a daily commuter, and use it to drive my brother to lacrosse practice. None of it is rice. Cops don't follow me through town, i never get pulled over, theres nothing attracting negative attention to myself, my exhaust is quiet, I'm on a full coilover system so I'm not bouncing around on springs. Your so incorrect its amazing. I love american, european, and imports. I don't understand why people say american>everything, import>american, european>everything. Im about to buy a z06 like i stated in the first post. I could take out a loan and get a c6z or get better car in the price range......the gtr . But I want some american muscle. Ive already had an e46 M3, then I switched to hondas, now I want an american car. Nothing wrong with any of the cars.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by evangto87
honestly.... why the hell is anyone talking about what you have to do to get a 6 cyl J series motor into a god damn civic?... THE OP IS DRIVING AN ACCORD AND LOOKING FOR A C5 TO RACE. Mother of god this is insane how people just love to argue about things that do not matter.

OP, I think you have a pretty badass car regardless of what any prude on ls1tech thinks. Its different... and it actually makes some decent power with nothing other then good ol KPA. Its a sporty coupe in my eyes. Just do yourself a favor and make sure you get a quality paint job... ive been down that road and finding good painters is damn near impossible these days. They are all in it to just make money. Pride in there work is gone. And honestly. I say screw getting a vette or a 03/04 cobra (god i hate how they are still called terminators). I would much rather have a 300+ N/A whp 6 cyl car that will upset the town folk simply because it is different and no one would EVER expect it. On ls1tech, most of the time you are shunned for standing out and doing different things. We all know a c5z and a cobra can be fast... but if im driving down the road in my stock vette, and an accord pulls up next to me.. and either hangs with me or beats me... thats awesome. Its different. My ONLY gripe about these cars is the FWD part because it makes it so hard to hook once you start getting into the big hp. One thing you will have to learn about this site, is to just ignore the ones who dont have anything good to say. That stupid expression goes.... "haters gonna hate".

To everyone else.... unless you have positive feedback.. why bother typing anything on here at all? Does it make you feel bigger about something thats missing in your life? Who honestly cares? He came on here very humble asking for a C5 vette to race because hes confident it would be a good race. Quite frankly... i hope he wins just so it can go up the haters asses. In the years Ive been on this site... as of late, its just been crazy how people dont have anything good to say.

OP hope you find a race and im routing for you.
thank you! i appreciate it. That is why I do it. Nothing like getting a thumbs up from a fbody owner on the highway after a quick pull. I'm all about having fun and just meeting some fellow enthusiasts to talk about our passion for cars. And yes, fwd does suck. Thats why I use my good pals, my Hoosiers, to help me out.

Quick Reply: Looking for a Stock C5 to run in long island