Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Looking for a Stock C5 to run in long island

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 01:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by actACCORDingly
thank you! i appreciate it. That is why I do it. Nothing like getting a thumbs up from a fbody owner on the highway after a quick pull. I'm all about having fun and just meeting some fellow enthusiasts to talk about our passion for cars. And yes, fwd does suck. Thats why I use my good pals, my Hoosiers, to help me out.
You cant please everyone in this hobby... cant even tell you how much **** ive gotten now that I own a Ford. I was a chevy enthusiast for years.. I had a GTO, a quick one for its mods at that. But now that I own a ford, none of that matters anymore. Too many times people have said i shouldnt even be on here because i drive a ford... yet ive been a member on here years longer then they have. Respect, dignity, being humble... doesnt exist anymore.. And guess what... now that i drive a ford... I dont dislike chevy. Isnt that crazyness? That i could possibly like both. Sorry but im venting because i read threads like this that start off very simple and respectful and just turn into d-baggery from people you will never meet. Like honestly, would you approach someone that you have never met like that in person? No... because anyone with a set of ********* would insert there fist into said mouth. But you cant get punched in the face online... so people like to be dicks.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

and if you do end up getting a C5Z (which I think is the better buy over the 03 cobra), i hope you would be keeping the accord. I ended up selling my GTO to buy my Boss... and I regret it deeply. Not buying the boss, but selling the GTO. I should have kept it and just got the boss. Personally, I enjoy driving the boss more, but i absolutely miss the **** out of MY gto. It was MY setup, MY choices... and they worked. I went faster with less and it was simple looking and had a sound ive never heard out of any other LS powered car. Thats why i miss it. And thats why you would regret selling the accord to get something else.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:32 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the j series is better then the K series. We just don't have the aftermarket yet. No stock K series is dynoing 300whp stock. The average k24 with a built head will make 275 on e85 and 18x lbs of tq. I made 297whp and 305tq on 87 with 18s. Mod to mod, we gain a lot more power then the K series, we have a **** ton more tq then the K series, and why do you think hasport is switching to the J series for their race cars from the K series. And the J series almost weighs the same. They barely offset the weight. Also you don't have to cut a whole in the hood in the newer civics, rsxs, ect. Only the old ones if you choose ground clearance. your argument is retarded, its only that civics have to cut a hole in the hood. really thats it? your complaint is that magically a much larger motor should fit in a car that was never intended to fit a v6. the muscle car guys did this with blowers and cowl hoods but i doubt you complain since you now have a 502 under the hood from your 305 in your g body. you didn't mention, tq, fuel efficiency, stock power to $$$, gains to cost ratio, ect. Ive been working on hondas for 2 years, Im good friends with Brian the owner of hasport, friend with Chris miller, and I know a lot of people in the honda game. Brian@hasport uses the J series, Chris miller uses the B series, and a lot of my friends use the H. The K is a good platform, but its no J.
You have your opinion, i have mine, till i see a j-series make over 1k whp or do anything impressive that changes the honda drag racing scene i wont really care for it. You're trying to educate the wrong person ive been into hondas since i was 15 man im 22 now. Move along.

Me personally id love to build a j-series. Id personally rather build a stroked k24 with a 4piston cnc head package and some single lobe cams as an eat **** car, but thats just my opinion. I have Several friends have made 280whp with just high compression pistons supporting mods and drag cartel off the shelf cams. Im not arguing with you, i personally prefer the k-series, i have my reasons.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:08 AM

Nice car OP, good luck finding your race!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 439 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
You have your opinion, i have mine, till i see a j-series make over 1k whp or do anything impressive that changes the honda drag racing scene i wont really care for it. You're trying to educate the wrong person ive been into hondas since i was 15 man im 22 now. Move along.

Me personally id love to build a j-series. Id personally rather build a stroked k24 with a 4piston cnc head package and some single lobe cams as an eat **** car, but thats just my opinion. I have Several friends have made 280whp with just high compression pistons supporting mods and drag cartel off the shelf cams. Im not arguing with you, i personally prefer the k-series, i have my reasons.
lol....you'll never learn...so you've been doin the same dumb **** for 7 yrs. I've got more experience with hotrods than years you've been alive. Op did a good job with his build by getting away from the 4cyl and getting a motor that makes some tq....though I'm sure he and I will never agree on the merits of honda chassis

Adam go put your money where your mouth is....it's just dumb not to and you look dumb not doin that.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Also this is for the antiricer: Hondas are a damn good platform to build race cars, thats why a lot of people use them. I don't understand why so many american car owners hate them.
Hondas... a good race car platform? Are you serious?! FWD never has been, isn't currently, and NEVER WILL BE A GOOD PLATFORM FOR ANY TYPE OF RACING. Fools use them because they're cheap and plentiful. Most domestic guys don't care for people like you because of this type of **** that spews out of your mouths.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Moar stories plz
Old 10-07-2012, 09:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by audacious nick
Bet you feel super-cool with the bumper that doesn't match, wheels that are big and look ridiculous, and the ebay-special headlights that look like ****.

Here's an idea: put the entire exterior, including wheels, to stock and make it a sleeper. That'd be cooler than your current rice-edition accord.
thanks for the comment, Its actually not rice at all. The front bumper doesn't match because it was in an accident and the whole car is actually going into paint this month, those wheels are forged BBS's from when the car used to be low and slow, and the headlights are blackhoused oems. The car is an ultra sleeper. Theres literally zero modifications to the exterior other then my real bbs wheels, a Honda OEM front lip and blackhousings. Hell, the car doesn't even have tints. Hate on it as much as you want. Like i said in a few earlier posts, it used to look nice until i crashed it. Im very aware of how it looks now.
Its humorous when someone talks smack when they have no clue what they're really talking about and end up making themselves look like a total jacka$$. Here comes the sarcasm... Good job
Old 10-07-2012, 12:13 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Its humorous when someone talks smack when they have no clue what they're really talking about and end up making themselves look like a total jacka$$. Here comes the sarcasm... Good job
1. Bumper doesn't match.
2. Wheels are too big. They could be full carbon fiber wheels, I don't care, they look bad. He likes them, though, so I'm happy for him. However, I can express my opinion, and I say that this looks silly. Maybe it'll look better when he paints the bumper, but either way it's on huge wheels.
3. The headlights are painted in such a way that they look like the Ebay Depo headlights. Again, the OP likes them and that's what is important. But again, I still think it looks shitty and is a downgrade in appearance.

There are multiple examples of well-executed sleeper Accord and Civics that make more horsepower than both of our cars combined. This is not.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

1. Bumper doesn't match.
2. Wheels are too big. They could be full carbon fiber wheels, I don't care, they look bad. He likes them, though, so I'm happy for him. However, I can express my opinion, and I say that this looks silly. Maybe it'll look better when he paints the bumper, but either way it's on huge wheels.
3. The headlights are painted in such a way that they look like the Ebay Depo headlights. Again, the OP likes them and that's what is important. But again, I still think it looks shitty and is a downgrade in appearance.

There are multiple examples of well-executed sleeper Accord and Civics that make more horsepower than both of our cars combined. This is not.
You were clearly never taught "if you have nothing good to say, dont say anything at all".. What is accomplished by bashing someones car? You dont know him or anything about him... nor probably will... so why be a rude jackass for no reason?

The internet kills me..
Old 10-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
lol....you'll never learn...so you've been doin the same dumb **** for 7 yrs. I've got more experience with hotrods than years you've been alive. Op did a good job with his build by getting away from the 4cyl and getting a motor that makes some tq....though I'm sure he and I will never agree on the merits of honda chassis

Adam go put your money where your mouth is....it's just dumb not to and you look dumb not doin that.
Dude i don't have to go out and buy ****, i respect all sort of cars unlike you. lol gets you heated that i like hondas AND LSx cars. I don't care how long you've been "hot ridding". Ive been around hondas long enough to know whats what. You on the other hand don't know squat about em, so whos you to chime in on it? Like always it gets sort of old. His car traps 108 my friends old k20 with intake header exhast traped 109 in a hatch, thats not anything to go and start a riot about. Several peoples with 4cyls trap that. You don't know anything about hondas. Period.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Nice car OP, good luck finding your race!
thanks man!

1. Bumper doesn't match.

Im not sure if you have a problem comprehending information so Ill say it again. I was involved in an accident, thats why the bumper isn't painted. It will be painted soon. Once again you don't understand. The wheels are a perfect size for my car. They're the most popular sized wheel used. 17s look to small and 19s look to big. 18s are just right. It looks awkward in one picture because of the angle and I raised the car. The headlights are the most popular mod people do to my car, they're not egay lights. They're Honda oem. go on 6thgenaccord.com and look at all the cars there.

Originally Posted by evangto87
You were clearly never taught "if you have nothing good to say, dont say anything at all".. What is accomplished by bashing someones car? You dont know him or anything about him... nor probably will... so why be a rude jackass for no reason?

The internet kills me..
thank you. this guy seems so fixated on the color of the housings on my headlights, the fact that my bumper isn't painted yet because I was involved in an accident recently and he severely dislikes the most poplar sized wheel diameter for my kind of car. the internet......i don't understand it sometimes.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:05 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Did you not read number two, where I clearly addressed you painting the bumper? I even numbered it to make it more comprehensible. Yet somehow it failed. How is that possible?
And I understand they're OEM lights with blackhousing. We have both said this a couple of times.
Evan, if we were all silent with our opinions, this world would be a very boring place.
Imagine a world where everyone complimented each other, raising a feeling of euphoria and boosting ones ego, while the true, ugly reality of what people thought was either kept in their head or mentioned behind the other's back. It would lead to back-stabbing insults and men driven insane by negative thoughts trapped in their head, leading them to go on killing sprees, destroying once-peaceful communities and workplaces. You return home from work, only to find that your wife was killed by a man who kept his thoughts to himself, because that's what his mother taught him. So perhaps mother really wasn't so wise.

However, I would like to see the Accord ONCE YOU PAINT THE BUMPER(hopefully by using caps lock, you will see that I already got it. If not, I'll increase the size of the text, too.) And let us know the results of the race.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Teching In

However, I would like to see the Accord ONCE YOU PAINT THE BUMPER(hopefully by using caps lock, you will see that I already got it. If not, I'll increase the size of the text, too.) And let us know the results of the race.

this was my car in september of last year. i had much thicker tires then for traction.

Last edited by actACCORDingly; 10-07-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you not read number two, where I clearly addressed you painting the bumper? I even numbered it to make it more comprehensible. Yet somehow it failed. How is that possible?
And I understand they're OEM lights with blackhousing. We have both said this a couple of times.
Evan, if we were all silent with our opinions, this world would be a very boring place.
Imagine a world where everyone complimented each other, raising a feeling of euphoria and boosting ones ego, while the true, ugly reality of what people thought was either kept in their head or mentioned behind the other's back. It would lead to back-stabbing insults and men driven insane by negative thoughts trapped in their head, leading them to go on killing sprees, destroying once-peaceful communities and workplaces. You return home from work, only to find that your wife was killed by a man who kept his thoughts to himself, because that's what his mother taught him. So perhaps mother really wasn't so wise.

You could have made it sound a bit more respectable. Offering advice... your opinion came off as being a dick.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Yea, I know P2R very well, I use every product they sell for the J series, I also know the owner Sean.

do I know you? and how do you know I know Qazi and Moe? They know my car VERY WELL. Its been towed there like 100 times, they've worked on it more then any other shop and they fixed the whole car after I crashed it.
Lol I got to Petrolwerks all the time. I noticed you were there by the picture of your car in their shop. They know me by Obama lol. Good people
Old 10-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the car, and the swap. Good to finally see some tq.

Quick Reply: Looking for a Stock C5 to run in long island