Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

280z vs C5z

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol idk i like OEM looking cars. Jesus those are heavy bumpers get rid of em!
Old 12-30-2012, 03:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantaZm
Here's one of them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfCH8QglqXk

Woaahhhh what did you do now, CTS?
Looks liek same fox for sure. LS swapped turbo. That vette is sick.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:03 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, there are some badass cars out here in SA.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by audacious nick
Damn, there are some badass cars out here in SA.
They are all over in TX. Its no big deal to see 500-900whp Vettes, Mustangs, EVO's. And then some the big big boys that are UGR Built or AMS GTR's.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Teching In

That^^

Big power is in TX
Old 12-30-2012, 07:42 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

5-900rwhp is badass? No, I'm talking the multitude of 1000+rwhp cars.
Edit: Knowing this site, someone may get butthurt and think I'm insulting them because their car makes 5-900rwhp. That's not the intent, because making that much power is cool, I just don't see it as badass.

Last edited by audacious nick; 12-30-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ajrothm
LOL

"Scrappy" getting it done bro!.... I don't know how the hell you are getting any kind of traction right now with this cold *** air. I can't get WOT til 4th on 305 Nitto 555Rs... BTW I was in San Antonio on Friday picking up a hood for my car, I was gonna swing by Lethal's shop to BS... I figured JM was probably working his other job tho....

That 240 is a bad *** little car too.... I love those things..
haha sure is lol...if u listen in the vid, i take off in 3rd and it sounds like im hitting bumps on the hwy as my rpms are swaying up and down but thats just me feathering the throttle thry 3rd until i go into 4th,and ive tried all the tires out there,to me those nittos are last far as traction,ive tired those,hoosiers,mt drag radials and et streets,et streets on my drag pack are the best for me,my mt drag radials next,then hoosiers then the nitttos..oh sweet..ill pm you my # and hit me up next time ur in town

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
Damn that Z06 is ****** FAST. Both badass rides!
thanks !

Edit: Knowing this site, someone may get butthurt and think I'm insulting them because their car makes 5-900rwhp. That's not the intent, because making that much power is cool, I just don't see it as badass.
i can see your point of view on that,but also have to take into consideration on the platform,900whp supra ehhh,1000whp supra ehhh,1100whp viper wow pretty cool,900whp-1000whp corvette pretty quick bc of the weight of the car etc etc and will yank a 1100whp supra ya know,800whp fox body pretty badass bc its light and will move out,1000+whp gtrs lambos diff level hard to even compare bc there isnt another car in the world even made with a tranny,shifting ability and awd to lay the power down,not to mention the $$$$ involved to even get the car,but i love to watch them race,to each there own though
Old 12-30-2012, 09:22 PM
10 Second Club

a 700-900whp car isn't badass? For real? I take you you Daily drive your 1000whp car? Cause they do just that in all t he 700-900whp cars in TX. And even the 1000-1500whp cars that are here as well. Be it Vettes, mustangs, Supra's, or UGR/AMS Lambo/GTR's.

And Yes I DD my 700whp car everyday in TX and in GA now.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silvzo6
haha sure is lol...if u listen in the vid, i take off in 3rd and it sounds like im hitting bumps on the hwy as my rpms are swaying up and down but thats just me feathering the throttle thry 3rd until i go into 4th,and ive tried all the tires out there,to me those nittos are last far as traction,ive tired those,hoosiers,mt drag radials and et streets,et streets on my drag pack are the best for me,my mt drag radials next,then hoosiers then the nitttos..oh sweet..ill pm you my # and hit me up next time ur in town
Were you on the drag pack in the vid above? I always thought the ET Street bias plies didnt work as well on the street? (compared to a radial?)

My Nittos are just my run around town tires, nothing I'd race on... But I had the 28" M&H Racemasters and on an 80* day on white top concrete I still could not keep it in the lane from 65 mph in 3rd.... At the track they worked DAMN good, hooked 1st gear even..

I need something for the street though, lots of local Vette guys here run the 295/45/17 MT ET Street radials. I thought about trying those next...

I have a deal worked out on a CCW drag pack with 26x11.50x16s but the tires are shot....I'll run the ET Streets on the track for sure but in the mean time I need something I can get any kind of traction in 3rd on the street with.. a 600rwhp car would spank me right now...

Yeah shoot me your number. I dont go to SA often but, I am kind of curious about trying out SA Drag Way, I saw it going down I10. Maybe one weekend I'm off, when you, JM, Danny and them head up there, I'll drag my car up there.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Were you on the drag pack in the vid above? I always thought the ET Street bias plies didnt work as well on the street? (compared to a radial?)

My Nittos are just my run around town tires, nothing I'd race on... But I had the 28" M&H Racemasters and on an 80* day on white top concrete I still could not keep it in the lane from 65 mph in 3rd.... At the track they worked DAMN good, hooked 1st gear even..

I need something for the street though, lots of local Vette guys here run the 295/45/17 MT ET Street radials. I thought about trying those next...

I have a deal worked out on a CCW drag pack with 26x11.50x16s but the tires are shot....I'll run the ET Streets on the track for sure but in the mean time I need something I can get any kind of traction in 3rd on the street with.. a 600rwhp car would spank me right now...

Yeah shoot me your number. I dont go to SA often but, I am kind of curious about trying out SA Drag Way, I saw it going down I10. Maybe one weekend I'm off, when you, JM, Danny and them head up there, I'll drag my car up there.

ccw drag pack,and bias plies,u know i use to think that,and danny thought that also,but in this cold lately i get more traction on the street on the et streets after a quick rolling burn out then the mt radials,when i ran the lsx foxes in atx i was on mt radials and they did ok but i couldnt lay into it as hard in 3rd,when its warm out they work pretty well,best radial by far,but nothing dead hooks if i just mash it,have to lay into it,ahh ok i see,well you'll notice a day and night diff in the mt radials from the nittos,

you'll love the drag pack,i have zo6 chrome wheels also,and the ccw's are each 20lbs lighter then the zo6 wheels ,u can feel the diff,

ya geme a heads up and we'll set something up!
Old 12-31-2012, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silvzo6
ccw drag pack,and bias plies,u know i use to think that,and danny thought that also,but in this cold lately i get more traction on the street on the et streets after a quick rolling burn out then the mt radials,when i ran the lsx foxes in atx i was on mt radials and they did ok but i couldnt lay into it as hard in 3rd,when its warm out they work pretty well,best radial by far,but nothing dead hooks if i just mash it,have to lay into it,ahh ok i see,well you'll notice a day and night diff in the mt radials from the nittos,

you'll love the drag pack,i have zo6 chrome wheels also,and the ccw's are each 20lbs lighter then the zo6 wheels ,u can feel the diff,

ya geme a heads up and we'll set something up!
Thanks for the info man! I'll have to pressure the seller now to get on with it... I need them hoes...

yeah I was gonna buy the drag pack from JM before you scarfed em up....
I found another set with 17" fronts and M&Hs, and 16" rears and MT Et Streets... hopefully they will work ok..

TTYL...
Old 12-31-2012, 04:39 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
a 700-900whp car isn't badass? For real? I take you you Daily drive your 1000whp car? Cause they do just that in all t he 700-900whp cars in TX. And even the 1000-1500whp cars that are here as well. Be it Vettes, mustangs, Supra's, or UGR/AMS Lambo/GTR's.

And Yes I DD my 700whp car everyday in TX and in GA now.
And here come the butthurt who can't read.

Quick Reply: 280z vs C5z