Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Toxic c6 vs 2011 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
I have powered everything, leather, all the inside fancy lights. Shaker system. ONLY weight reduction is bigs/little's, nofrot sway bar and driveshaft , then added weight of SC which is about 100lbs. Before I get I it was 3640 on the scales with all above. I'm 220lbs.

I will doing some stuff to drop least 100lb off the nose come summer. Gears, longtubes, and some new tuning with better tuner. Engine is perfect t but need some working of te shdts even before gears.might drop down a pulley also.
Its 3640 with bigs and littles??
Old 01-27-2013, 08:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
Its 3640 with bigs and littles??
Yep..buddies base with same weight reduction, and drag setup weighed about 175lbs lighter then mine. He don't have a blower or leather, power seats. My seats weigh about 25lbs more then base seats. Then blower.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:01 PM
FormerVendor

My car weighs almost 3900lbs in race trim with me in it.
10.39@133 was done on about 640-650whp. Haven't ran it since the retune. Except on the street. Beat a h/c c5z bad, a 580whp c6 ls2 with h/c 125 shot. Few others.

I have a stall as well. A tune that is average for tranny honestly. It needs more tuning. But will be doing more tuning come summer after gears, and few other mods.
I was just curious, I've dyno'd quite a few 5.0's on my machine to get a good comparison to LS cars and the mostly stock 5.0's are 10-20rwhp up from a lid header exhaust Fbody LS1. Most dyno in the 320 range stock and will hit low 330's with an intake and a tune. Most lid header exhaust tune LS1's will make 320rwhp. Stock LS6's make 335rwhp on average.

A close friend had a stock 5.0 and we took my formula (Lid, Header, Tune) and his 5.0 to Bowling Green for a track outing. They had scales as well. I was on 17" TTM with 275/40 rubber all around and he was on stock wheels and tires. My car with me in it (135lbs at the time) weighed 3560lbs. His with him in it (also 135lbs) was 3650lbs. So his mustang had 90lbs on mine. Both cars ran well, his went a 12.8x @ 112mph and mine went 12.6x @ 109. It was a auto(me) vs manual(5.0) so I think thats where alot of the trap speed went as I wasnt picking up nearly as much on the big end of the track especially being stock gear'd in both cars.

The 5.0's are def some solid performers however once moded they arent anymore special than any LS engine IMO. Mod for mod it's about equivalent to a LS1. When you throw a LS2/3 or others in the mix it's just not good for the 5.0 for HP. Will they be faster at the track... alot more of that depends on the chassis and how they work than just HP.

A little bit has changed with my full weight formula, it's currently running 10.34@133 with h/c/i and a little juice blowing through my convertor and tranny... I don't have nearly 5K in mods done to the car from when I bought it. This was with 506rwhp... still full weight and not a very clean pass
Old 01-27-2013, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Really? That's like saying being mad about losing to.a Honda some one has 5k in that's guttedetc. When we drive around etc no one watches him.

And guess them modded vettes even ZR1 's are mad. And you really butt hurt that turd Gen gets *** raped by stock civics.

Also.nothing about what it runs...or proof of dyno.numbers..just some idiot making pulls
Just going to drop this here:

His name is Denmah on this board.... And that "idiot" is faster than you

Zack
Old 01-27-2013, 09:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by James@ShorTuning
I was just curious, I've dyno'd quite a few 5.0's on my machine to get a good comparison to LS cars and the mostly stock 5.0's are 10-20rwhp up from a lid header exhaust Fbody LS1. Most dyno in the 320 range stock and will hit low 330's with an intake and a tune. Most lid header exhaust tune LS1's will make 320rwhp. Stock LS6's make 335rwhp on average.

A close friend had a stock 5.0 and we took my formula (Lid, Header, Tune) and his 5.0 to Bowling Green for a track outing. They had scales as well. I was on 17" TTM with 275/40 rubber all around and he was on stock wheels and tires. My car with me in it (135lbs at the time) weighed 3560lbs. His with him in it (also 135lbs) was 3650lbs. So his mustang had 90lbs on mine. Both cars ran well, his went a 12.8x @ 112mph and mine went 12.6x @ 109. It was a auto(me) vs manual(5.0) so I think thats where alot of the trap speed went as I wasnt picking up nearly as much on the big end of the track especially being stock gear'd in both cars.
http://youtu.be/DS54GJ57RIE

The 5.0's are def some solid performers however once moded they arent anymore special than any LS engine IMO. Mod for mod it's about equivalent to a LS1. When you throw a LS2/3 or others in the mix it's just not good for the 5.0 for HP. Will they be faster at the track... alot more of that depends on the chassis and how they work than just HP.

A little bit has changed with my full weight formula, it's currently running 10.34@133 with h/c/i and a little juice blowing through my convertor and tranny... I don't have nearly 5K in mods done to the car from when I bought it. This was with 506rwhp... still full weight and not a very clean pass
http://youtu.be/l7q6WR0wOXI
What gear did you dyno the stang in? That's super low for even a stock manual. When rest of country has them dyno around low side 365-380 high. Correction factor for the manual is also only 12% drive train loss. 14% for auto. Which usual dyno around.d 345-255.

My stock manual 5.0 with 1/4 tank and show room stock weighed in a little under 3500lbs. With nothing but a tire went 12.1@114 in 200+ da. The next spring in 1000 da it went 11.8@118 with cold air tune bigs/little's and 4.10 gears from 3.73's. And the gears hurt it. That summer went 11.8@119 in 3600 da with boss, full exhuast, cold air, bigs little's, gears. That October it went 11.4@119 or 121 in 1400 da with buddy driving. I was back in Iraq. Got to drive once during two weeks in summer.

There are 5 or 6 now in the 10's or knocking on its door on bolt on setups. And way to many in the 9-10 range with blowers and stock engines still.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow i cant get over how much lighter i am...
Old 01-27-2013, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Mad? Why mad to go fi...for what it cost to.make a 500whp on a ls3 I made over 700whp. And the mustang come with very stout really ends, 31 spline axles stock.

And yes they have made 550whp ..are you mad your ls don't n/a. And this is you the same Guy that said your car ran this cs previous owner said so. But never ran it him self.

So what BS prices? I never made sound like anything. So your reading compression sucks yet again. Must be that air in Canada.

And I posted two making over 500 actually and can't get to other Max effort build cause banned.
Good try for the previous owner ****, but you should read all my post you would see much more. I guess you have so much time on your hand with your new friend five0three...

Yeah your writing skills arent superb though.

No wonder why you got banned..You said 500-550rwhp for n/a 5.0l, where is that 5.0l(stock shortblock)???

Yeah my cheap LS2 build doesnt make 500rwhp with a baby cam/stock LS3 intake/ORY/ported LS3 heads with stock valves/stock rockers/street tune but I take down 99% of the N/A 5.0l. I'm sooo mad at my weak N/A engine thats making over 460rwhp(maybe 550rwhp on one of your magical 5.0 hyped up dyno). Did I ever said excuses about it? I dont want a radical setup and I run 3:42 on the street and its not a race car. Its perfect the way it is for me.

Yeeah you posted 2 link of Mustang that are NOT 550rwhp. You lied, you made it up. So just one made it to 550rwhp?..with a stroker, thats nothing impressive compared to LSx stroker. Any cheap *** iron 408ci stroker with LS3 heads or even ported LS6 heads can do the same on pump gas. You should explore the dyno section here to educate yourself a bit about something else than the Coyote engines. But dont do it, you will be pissed.

The 550rwhp Mustang has a stroker in it seems.

lol i did build heavy ls cars once upon a time

the 550whp coyote was the stage 2 jpc top end strapping to a 318ci shortblock. The 507whp car was a stock 302 shortblock with stage 1 top end. The stage 2 topend on a stock 302 will make between 525-535.

I wouldnt say 500whp is ls1 territory. Maybe ls3... but not ls1. To make 500whp out of an ls1 will require an *** load of money and a vast knowledge of how to do it. Thats no easy feet... but yes can be done. In comparison to an ls1 to a coyote to get to 500whp na. It is a lot harder for the ls1 to do it. The coyote takes a full exhaust, an off the shelf h/c package, and a boss intake to do that. To make 500whp on an ls1... there is no off the shelf setup to buy and bolt together. It would require massaging heads, port matching, every bolt on on the market etc etc. You are limited on rpm so a bigger cube motor will allow you to run a bigger higher flowing cylinder head without having to rev it more to make the power...which is why an ls3 can make more power easier then an ls1. You are also limited on valve size on an ls1 due to not having enough cylinder room to clear the valves.

^Thats all with a stock bottom end that is. With after market rotating assembles (of the same cubic inch)... the sky is the limit (rpm, solid roller, single plane, etc). My buddies 385ci lt1 (23 degree valve angle) makes 550whp through a 4l60 and dana 60. But that is a BIG dollar motor with all the tricks played. The same guy that would go online and read his build and buy all the same parts, would put it together and make 60-70less whp and wonder why. Thats where the knowledge comes into play.
If you think its hard to get a LS1 to 500rwhp, you are wrong. This forum has all the information you need to get the right recipe for any guy willing to put the time and money on it. All the information is there and theres many way to do it. No secret on the subject. Plus the same 500rwhp LS1 would not need to turn to 8500rpm to do it. 7000rpm would do the trick, therefore very streetable with good gears.

With an LT1, the road will be more difficult, youre right.

Bunch of LS2 have been close to 500rwhp cam only. Maybe LS3 is 500rwhp capable you say? LOL no question about it. Its very doable.

Originally Posted by five0three
+1

The amount of money spent is proportionate to ones taste. Sure, any of us could go buy a **** box fox or fbody and go nuts for a fraction of what it costs just to get into a new 5.0, camaro or vette, but..... eff that lol
+10000

but that money excuses is always a good one for jealous plp that cant aford high end cars.

im sure a stall would get him basement 10.xx
My car weighs almost 3900lbs in race trim with me in it.
10.39@133 was done on about 640-650whp. Haven't ran it since the retune. Except on the street. Beat a h/c c5z bad, a 580whp c6 ls2 with h/c 125 shot. Few others.

I have a stall as well. A tune that is average for tranny honestly. It needs more tuning. But will be doing more tuning come summer after gears, and few other mods.
Of course, the money you would spend would not count on your mod total$$ heh?

Oh, I thought we were talking about racing. I didnt know we were pulling our engines out of their rolling engine transport carts and strapping them to a test stand. My bad. Please, continue....
Ohh Ohioborn80 needed someone to back his BS. Good work.

Who gives a **** about 5th gen in this thread, I dont own one. Truth is theres a bunch of 500rwhp n/a LS3(not to mention 500rwhp LS1/LS2/LS6/L92 too!!) vs few n/a 500rwhp 5.0l(H/C). Keep dreaming about beeing only an easy cam swap away from the 500rwhp mark guys...whatever the platform is!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZNix
Just going to drop this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2uUc...lbCdw&index=58

His name is Denmah on this board.... And that "idiot" is faster than you

Zack
Wow, ohioborn80, you really got owned on this As usual, you tried to take down everything that is GM and talk BS on it!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

500whp cam only ls2???? Ive NEVER seen that done.

My buddies GTO makes 425whp on the dyno jet i use with his cam only ls2, full exhaust, no cats, ported fast 102 intake, ud pulley, AI custom cam, aluminium flywheel/mcleod rst clutch. Whats he doing wrong?

How much power does your car make?
Old 01-27-2013, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

500whp cam only ls2???? Ive NEVER seen that done.

My buddies GTO makes 425whp on the dyno jet i use with his cam only ls2, full exhaust, no cats, ported fast 102 intake, ud pulley, AI custom cam, aluminium flywheel/mcleod rst clutch. Whats he doing wrong?

How much power does your car make?
Street tuned no dyno. My tuner estimate the power around 530-540bhp(so 460-470rwhp).

425rwhp cam only is kinda weak on a LS2, unless hes on a stingy dyno or running a baby cam, like me. What kind of exhaust? Cam spec? I'm no GTO pro, but 425rwhp is very doable in a cam only LS1.

It all depends what you wanna do; get the cam that fits your needs, less rwhp to brag about but love the way your car runs. OR, go all out for a race car with 4:10, 7200rpm and win some races. AND lets not forget the last one way to do it; go all out with a big *** cam to brag on the internet how good and badass you are but hate the way your car runs...No brainer to me.

5mins google search;

502rwhp cam only Vette LS2
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...s-503rwhp.html

517rwhp cam only LS3
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...24-timing.html

h/c GTO 492rwhp https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-
results-comparisons/1510599-spartan-built-ls2-gto-goes-492rwhp-448rwtq.html

476rwhp cam only GTO
https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...hp-425trq.html

470rwhp

SNL performance did 480rwhp..its the one I was looking for but didnt find it

I found the OP dyno when cam only lol 471rwhp!
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...o-numbers.html

Last edited by Johnnystock; 01-27-2013 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
Good try for the previous owner ****, but you should read all my post you would see much more. I guess you have so much time on your hand with your new friend five0three...

Yeah your writing skills arent superb though.

No wonder why you got banned..You said 500-550rwhp for n/a 5.0l, where is that 5.0l(stock shortblock)???

Yeah my cheap LS2 build doesnt make 500rwhp with a baby cam/stock LS3 intake/ORY/ported LS3 heads with stock valves/stock rockers/street tune but I take down 99% of the N/A 5.0l. I'm sooo mad at my weak N/A engine thats making over 460rwhp(maybe 550rwhp on one of your magical 5.0 hyped up dyno). Did I ever said excuses about it? I dont want a radical setup and I run 3:42 on the street and its not a race car. Its perfect the way it is for me.

Yeeah you posted 2 link of Mustang that are NOT 550rwhp. You lied, you made it up. So just one made it to 550rwhp?..with a stroker, thats nothing impressive compared to LSx stroker. Any cheap *** iron 408ci stroker with LS3 heads or even ported LS6 heads can do the same on pump gas. You should explore the dyno section here to educate yourself a bit about something else than the Coyote engines. But dont do it, you will be pissed.

The 550rwhp Mustang has a stroker in it seems.

If you think its hard to get a LS1 to 500rwhp, you are wrong. This forum has all the information you need to get the right recipe for any guy willing to put the time and money on it. All the information is there and theres many way to do it. No secret on the subject. Plus the same 500rwhp LS1 would not need to turn to 8500rpm to do it. 7000rpm would do the trick, therefore very streetable with good gears.

With an LT1, the road will be more difficult, youre right.

Bunch of LS2 have been close to 500rwhp cam only. Maybe LS3 is 500rwhp capable you say? LOL no question about it. Its very doable.

+10000

but that money excuses is always a good one for jealous plp that cant aford high end cars.

Of course, the money you would spend would not count on your mod total$$ heh?

Ohh Ohioborn80 needed someone to back his BS. Good work.

Who gives a **** about 5th gen in this thread, I dont own one. Truth is theres a bunch of 500rwhp n/a LS3(not to mention 500rwhp LS1/LS2/LS6/L92 too!!) vs few n/a 500rwhp 5.0l(H/C). Keep dreaming about beeing only an easy cam swap away from the 500rwhp mark guys...whatever the platform is!
LOL you are so full of it. Stroker LS1's and LS2's making 500 with 408-418's yes. Yet the JPC car made 500whp with bolt ons. Then a quick head cam made over 500whp with a 331. Then another I posted on stage 2 cams made 522whp and is a DD. Still out of a 302 5.0. No stroker kit.

And sorry on my phone, on duty don't really care to prooof read every thing as phone keeps dying.

And we are talking power. Why would I count a hood, or front valance, or even rear spoiler for making power as we was talking power. I mean **** did your spoiler make you more power? Yet even counting all that appearance mods, like my $2700 dollar rims and tires I have less then 15k. And thats not even counting stuff I sold. I have did everything to my car myself besides the the tune. Which ended up being free. I also have been thru 3 sets of drag setups. Oh wow and sold all for what I have paid for them. On my 3rd set of street rims. And sold all others for what paid for them. So still out no extra money.

And can't afford high end cars? Really you own a car that is over 10 yrs old and worth a 10th of what mine is worth. I bought a new car I could mod easy and cheap. I could bought a new Vette before I left TX. I would have got around 7-10k off depending on model cause my wife worked for Chevy. Plu smilitary, usaa discounts.

And if some one just buys first part they see instead shopping around, getting forum discounts, or military if they can or whatever discounts they can and don't they are just stupid. Plain and Simple.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:27 PM
FormerVendor

What gear did you dyno the stang in? That's super low for even a stock manual. When rest of country has them dyno around low side 365-380 high. Correction factor for the manual is also only 12% drive train loss. 14% for auto. Which usual dyno around.d 345-255.

My stock manual 5.0 with 1/4 tank and show room stock weighed in a little under 3500lbs. With nothing but a tire went 12.1@114 in 200+ da. The next spring in 1000 da it went 11.8@118 with cold air tune bigs/little's and 4.10 gears from 3.73's. And the gears hurt it. That summer went 11.8@119 in 3600 da with boss, full exhuast, cold air, bigs little's, gears. That October it went 11.4@119 or 121 in 1400 da with buddy driving. I was back in Iraq. Got to drive once during two weeks in summer.

There are 5 or 6 now in the 10's or knocking on its door on bolt on setups. And way to many in the 9-10 range with blowers and stock engines still.
Dyno Dynamics. Reads quite a bit lower than dynojets. A 6spd 526rwhp c6z runs 9.9's@142 NA if that gives u an idea of how low.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:35 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL you are so full of it. Stroker LS1's and LS2's making 500 with 408-418's yes. Yet the JPC car made 500whp with bolt ons. Then a quick head cam made over 500whp with a 331. Then another I posted on stage 2 cams made 522whp and is a DD. Still out of a 302 5.0. No stroker kit.

And sorry on my phone, on duty don't really care to prooof read every thing as phone keeps dying.

And we are talking power. Why would I count a hood, or front valance, or even rear spoiler for making power as we was talking power. I mean **** did your spoiler make you more power? Yet even counting all that appearance mods, like my $2700 dollar rims and tires I have less then 15k. And thats not even counting stuff I sold. I have did everything to my car myself besides the the tune. Which ended up being free. I also have been thru 3 sets of drag setups. Oh wow and sold all for what I have paid for them. On my 3rd set of street rims. And sold all others for what paid for them. So still out no extra money.

And can't afford high end cars? Really you own a car that is over 10 yrs old and worth a 10th of what mine is worth. I bought a new car I could mod easy and cheap. I could bought a new Vette before I left TX. I would have got around 7-10k off depending on model cause my wife worked for Chevy. Plu smilitary, usaa discounts.

And if some one just buys first part they see instead shopping around, getting forum discounts, or military if they can or whatever discounts they can and don't they are just stupid. Plain and Simple.
You don't NEED a stroker to make 5xxwhp with an LS1. I can pull up a build that made 507whp on race gas and 490 on pump with a stock LS1 bottom end off the shelf CNC ported 5.3 heads, off the shelf cam, and off the shelf everything else. No custom **** or crazy bullshit.

**** guy, pat G made a thread on HOW TO make close if not 500rwhp with an LS1. Obviously dynos vary, and not everyone is as tedious and detailed when it comes to bolt ons, but it has been done over and over again for years.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by James@ShorTuning
Dyno Dynamics. Reads quite a bit lower than dynojets. A 6spd 526rwhp c6z runs 9.9's@142 NA if that gives u an idea of how low.
Makes perfect sense. Also what gear dyno the 5.0 in?
Old 01-27-2013, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
Street tuned no dyno. My tuner estimate the power around 530-540bhp(so 460-470rwhp).

425rwhp cam only is kinda weak on a LS2, unless hes on a stingy dyno or running a baby cam, like me. What kind of exhaust? Cam spec? I'm no GTO pro, but 425rwhp is very doable in a cam only LS1.

It all depends what you wanna do; get the cam that fits your needs, less rwhp to brag about but love the way your car runs. OR, go all out for a race car with 4:10, 7200rpm and win some races. AND lets not forget the last one way to do it; go all out with a big *** cam to brag on the internet how good and badass you are but hate the way your car runs...No brainer to me.

5mins google search;

502rwhp cam only Vette LS2
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...s-503rwhp.html

517rwhp cam only LS3
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...24-timing.html

h/c GTO 492rwhp https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-
results-comparisons/1510599-spartan-built-ls2-gto-goes-492rwhp-448rwtq.html

476rwhp cam only GTO
https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...hp-425trq.html

470rwhp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEs7fC9EkWY

SNL performance did 480rwhp..its the one I was looking for but didnt find it

I found the OP dyno when cam only lol 471rwhp!
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...o-numbers.html
I call generous dynos...im sorry. Ive been around building these cars for a while. That GTO had stainless works headers, bassani race mufflers, cam spec is in the 230s. I can guarentee that SNL car DOES NOT have 55whp more then the one im talking about.

For example... my buddy who has a built 403ci LS motor makes 520whp on the same dyno. His H/C ls1 before hand had these specs. I want you to see what you think it would have made for power.

2001 SS
347ci
AFR 59cc 205 heads
LG G5X3 cam (236/242 duration)
Ported fast 92
11.8CR
92mm TB
90mm maf
90mm lid
UD pulley
EWP
1 7/8s long tubes with merge collectors
custom made 4 inch merge y pipe to 4 inch cut out
aluminium flywheel/spec clutch
4.10s in 10 bolt
lighter wheels/tires

Dynod on the same dyno i dyno my car on. His car went 11.4 at 125 in july DA at 3500lb race weight. Whats your guess for his WHP?
Old 01-27-2013, 11:48 PM
TECH Addict

1 Q. -What is a quick H/C?? lol youre so full of BS.

2 Q. -Where is the 550rwhp 5.0l?

I know why you think so highly of the 5.0; I just realized you dont a dime about LSx cars.

Heres some 500rwhp LS1;

The recipe:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...heads-cam.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...1rwhp-fti.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-m...dragstrip.html
Old 01-27-2013, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adamantium
You don't NEED a stroker to make 5xxwhp with an LS1. I can pull up a build that made 507whp on race gas and 490 on pump with a stock LS1 bottom end off the shelf CNC ported 5.3 heads, off the shelf cam, and off the shelf everything else. No custom **** or crazy bullshit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W1Luqro2eg

**** guy, pat G made a thread on HOW TO make close if not 500rwhp with an LS1. Obviously dynos vary, and not everyone is as tedious and detailed when it comes to bolt ons, but it has been done over and over again for years.
lmao i cant even tell you how many times that PAT G referance has come up. The car i just told Johnny to guess at its power... followed that build to a T! It didnt make anything close to 500whp. But the car was ******* fast! Whatever Pat G uses for a dyno... its very generous. And that SS literally murdered Stieg ported 03/04 cobras...
Old 01-27-2013, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adamantium
LTjuan with LSjuan swap. Nice!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:53 PM
FormerVendor

Makes perfect sense. Also what gear dyno the 5.0 in?
5th gear on them all.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:56 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lmao i cant even tell you how many times that PAT G referance has come up. The car i just told Johnny to guess at its power... followed that build to a T! It didnt make anything close to 500whp. But the car was ******* fast! Whatever Pat G uses for a dyno... its very generous. And that SS literally murdered Stieg ported 03/04 cobras...
Dude, if it traped 125 in the heat that thing was a STRONG *** H/C LS1. Probably would've made close 5xxwhp though on another dyno, who knows right?
I mean the whole dyno #'s thing is a pretty moot argument, why WOULDNT a shop or tuner fudge up numbers just to get there name out there.

Ive seen it over and over locally with a specific tuner, changes the correction factor and shows massive gains so people are blown away by his results.

Ofcourse not taking away from those 5xxwhp coyotes or H/C LS1's but it happens and it does suck, at the end of the day a shop is a business which ever way you put it. Usually whats best is 3rd party unbiased dyno tests.

Quick Reply: Toxic c6 vs 2011 5.0