Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Toxic c6 vs 2011 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 11:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Really? That's like saying being mad about losing to.a Honda some one has 5k in that's guttedetc. When we drive around etc no one watches him.

And guess them modded vettes even ZR1 's are mad. And you really butt hurt that turd Gen gets *** raped by stock civics.

Also.nothing about what it runs...or proof of dyno.numbers..just some idiot making pulls
Oh so you bought a 5.0 so that people could look at you...tell us how you really feel

Yes I get really mad when stock Hondas beat me, but I know that the solution to my problem is to buy a 5.0 so that people WILL look at me.

Originally Posted by ZNix
Just going to drop this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2uUc...lbCdw&index=58

His name is Denmah on this board.... And that "idiot" is faster than you

Zack
^^^What an idiot. No one is even going to look at him!!!

Wait....is that the same car that keeps getting featured in magazines and has thousands of followers/youtube subscriptions?

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
Wow, ohioborn80, you really got owned on this As usual, you tried to take down everything that is GM and talk BS on it!
+2

Originally Posted by evangto87
wow i cant get over how much lighter i am...
I'm going to attribute that to the fact that Ohio's big head is exponentially more dense than the average 5.0 owner. He's working with Automach so that he could the same custom sunroof installed.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
Dude, if it traped 125 in the heat that thing was a STRONG *** H/C LS1. Probably would've made close 5xxwhp though on another dyno, who knows right?
I mean the whole dyno #'s thing is a pretty moot argument, why WOULDNT a shop or tuner fudge up numbers just to get there name out there.

Ive seen it over and over locally with a specific tuner, changes the correction factor and shows massive gains so people are blown away by his results.

Ofcourse not taking away from those 5xxwhp coyotes or H/C LS1's but it happens and it does suck, at the end of the day a shop is a business which ever way you put it. Usually whats best is 3rd party unbiased dyno tests.
You just strengthened the point i was trying to make. My point was that the car was fast... and followed the 500whp build to a T (Pat G knows what hes doing when it comes to building a fast LS car, but his dyno is...well... yea). Money was not an issue. His car made 453whp on the same dynojet that cammed ls2 made 425whp and i made 418whp.

My point is dont believe everything you read on the internet... especially when havent done it or tried to do it (thats not meant to be an insult or a dig... just a point). There is a local dynopack dyno to me that almost every car makes atleast 50whp more on.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I call generous dynos...im sorry. Ive been around building these cars for a while. That GTO had stainless works headers, bassani race mufflers, cam spec is in the 230s. I can guarentee that SNL car DOES NOT have 55whp more then the one im talking about.

For example... my buddy who has a built 403ci LS motor makes 520whp on the same dyno. His H/C ls1 before hand had these specs. I want you to see what you think it would have made for power.

2001 SS
347ci
AFR 59cc 205 heads
LG G5X3 cam (236/242 duration)
Ported fast 92
11.8CR
92mm TB
90mm maf
90mm lid
UD pulley
EWP
1 7/8s long tubes with merge collectors
custom made 4 inch merge y pipe to 4 inch cut out
aluminium flywheel/spec clutch
4.10s in 10 bolt
lighter wheels/tires

Dynod on the same dyno i dyno my car on. His car went 11.4 at 125 in july DA at 3500lb race weight. Whats your guess for his WHP?
Those guys are sponsor of the gto forum and YOU can garantee its not making the power? It seems you know more than those guys then..props to you.

Its a shock heh? All those nice dyno results? Thats what LSx engines are doing since a long time. Didnt you say you were modding LSx before(GTO I guess).

So now youre saying that all those results were on generous dyno? And the OP is the only legit one at 471rwhp? Cool.

But yeah all the Ford dynos were legit and very stingy? Of course!!!

You think I'm stupid? I aint gonna waste the 2mins to take the stupid calculated guess. Many auto fbody dynoed around 450rwhp and ran 10s@13xmph. All dynos are different. But yes it is possible to get nice numbers out a cam only 500rwhp LS2-3. Vids/thread are there. You dont wanna believe it, thats fine. Why are you even talking about it then?
Old 01-28-2013, 12:09 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You just strengthened the point i was trying to make. My point was that the car was fast... and followed the 500whp build to a T. Money was not an issue. His car made 453whp on the same dynojet that cammed ls2 made 425whp and i made 418whp.

My point is dont believe everything you read on the internet... especially when havent done it or tried to do it (thats not meant to be an insult or a dig... just a point).
Exactly. I agree 100%. Everything you read and or hear about on the internet should be taken with a grain of salt. Ive had a guy get his car tuned by a certain tuner, the tuner shares the results and we were all stunned by the power it put out and later found out the car had a ported head, obvously the tuner never edited the thread though. Stuff like this DOES happen.

IMO, track results>*

125mph traps out of a 3500lb H/C LS1 is STRONG no matter wtf the dyno numbers say.

Ohio are there any track results from those H/C 5xxwhp coyotes you shared?
Old 01-28-2013, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Those guys are sponsor of the gto forum and YOU can garantee its not making the power? It seems you know more than those guys then..props to you.

Its a shock heh? All those nice dyno results? Thats what LSx engines are doing since a long time. Didnt you say you were modding LSx before(GTO I guess).

So now youre saying that all those results were on generous dyno? And the OP is the only legit one at 471rwhp? Cool.

But yeah all the Ford dynos were legit and very stingy? Of course!!!

You think I'm stupid? I aint gonna waste the 2mins to take the stupid calculated guess. Many auto fbody dynoed around 450rwhp and ran 10s@13xmph. All dynos are different. But yes it is possible to get nice numbers out a cam only 500rwhp LS2-3. Vids/thread are there. You dont wanna believe it, thats fine. Why are you even talking about it then?
You are getting way too heated for no reason. I dont care who sponsors what about anything. Im sure that car made 480whp on THAT dyno. But i guarentee it wouldnt on the same dyno the other one made 425whp. THATS my point.

And i will make the same power that H/C car made on that very same dyno with my stock roadrunner motor. Now what can i make with a H/C package on top of it. Get it?

Last edited by evangto87; 01-28-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:11 AM
TECH Addict

LOL you are so full of it. Stroker LS1's and LS2's making 500 with 408-418's yes. Yet the JPC car made 500whp with bolt ons. Then a quick head cam made over 500whp with a 331. Then another I posted on stage 2 cams made 522whp and is a DD. Still out of a 302 5.0. No stroker kit.

And sorry on my phone, on duty don't really care to prooof read every thing as phone keeps dying.

And we are talking power. Why would I count a hood, or front valance, or even rear spoiler for making power as we was talking power. I mean **** did your spoiler make you more power? Yet even counting all that appearance mods, like my $2700 dollar rims and tires I have less then 15k. And thats not even counting stuff I sold. I have did everything to my car myself besides the the tune. Which ended up being free. I also have been thru 3 sets of drag setups. Oh wow and sold all for what I have paid for them. On my 3rd set of street rims. And sold all others for what paid for them. So still out no extra money.

And can't afford high end cars? Really you own a car that is over 10 yrs old and worth a 10th of what mine is worth. I bought a new car I could mod easy and cheap. I could bought a new Vette before I left TX. I would have got around 7-10k off depending on model cause my wife worked for Chevy. Plu smilitary, usaa discounts.

And if some one just buys first part they see instead shopping around, getting forum discounts, or military if they can or whatever discounts they can and don't they are just stupid. Plain and Simple.
LOL the money BS wasnt even directed at you but at five0three, but I guess you guys are the same since you took it so personal hahaha

You sure really did need to explain your budget too, nobody cares, since you would never buy anything else than a 5.0...no need to make us believe you would buy a Vette..yeah right!! Your best lie in this thread!!

Look for a member named chr1313. His LS6(or LS1 not sure) is making around 522rwhp. Yep, LS1 territory.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adamantium
Exactly. I agree 100%. Everything you read and or hear about on the internet should be taken with a grain of salt. Ive had a guy get his car tuned by a certain tuner, the tuner shares the results and we were all stunned by the power it put out and later found out the car had a ported head, obvously the tuner never edited the thread though. Stuff like this DOES happen.

IMO, track results>*

125mph traps out of a 3500lb H/C LS1 is STRONG no matter wtf the dyno numbers say.

Ohio are there any track results from those H/C 5xxwhp coyotes you shared?
Ive only seen the JPC cars go down the track... so take his times also with a grain of salt as hes not a forum guy. He builds cars to go fast and thats it. His 550whp car went 9.9 at 137 with a 30XX race weight.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:17 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive only seen the JPC cars go down the track... so take his times also with a grain of salt as hes not a forum guy. He builds cars to go fast and thats it. His 550whp car went 9.9 at 137 with a 30XX race weight.
Ridiculously fast. Def does back it up on the track, 137 MPH is ******* **** up.

I wonder what the kaltech H/C LS1 weighed, i saw a vid of it going like 11.0 at like 130 with a slipping clutch, and the car made low 5's.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:17 AM
TECH Addict

You are getting way too heated for no reason. I dont care who sponsors what about anything. Im sure that car made 480whp on THAT dyno. But i guarentee it wouldnt on the same dyno the other one made 425whp. THATS my point.

And i will make the same power that H/C car made on that very same dyno with my stock roadrunner motor.
So what would the 522rwhp 5.0 would dyno on your dyno?? IT DID WHAT IT DID, like your car, my car or any. You know what happened on your dyno day? You dynoed on a real world dyno. Not on an internet over hyped one.

Its funny, I guarantee your roadrunner would not dyno the same. Why? no reason, I just like to speculate like you. You dont know anything about their dyno or the car that dyno.

What about the OPs dyno at 471rwhp?

What about all the other???? Not legit??
Old 01-28-2013, 12:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

You just strengthened the point i was trying to make. My point was that the car was fast... and followed the 500whp build to a T (Pat G knows what hes doing when it comes to building a fast LS car, but his dyno is...well... yea). Money was not an issue. His car made 453whp on the same dynojet that cammed ls2 made 425whp and i made 418whp.

My point is dont believe everything you read on the internet... especially when havent done it or tried to do it (thats not meant to be an insult or a dig... just a point). There is a local dynopack dyno to me that almost every car makes atleast 50whp more on.
Pat g tuned my G8. Cold air, full exhaust with cats, cold air, udp pulley made 385whp. Stock TB, stock Intake manifold.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:21 AM
10 Second Club

Jpc post on svt, modularfords, and s197. Not a lot but they do.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:21 AM
TECH Addict

lmao i cant even tell you how many times that PAT G referance has come up. The car i just told Johnny to guess at its power... followed that build to a T! It didnt make anything close to 500whp. But the car was ******* fast! Whatever Pat G uses for a dyno... its very generous. And that SS literally murdered Stieg ported 03/04 cobras...
Heres another one for you

It did dyno over 500rwhp, stock casting, 1 3/4 exhaust, FAST 90mm

I honestly didnt know some plp on this forum didnt believe some ls1 made 500rwhp. Thats sad.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:22 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
Oh so you bought a 5.0 so that people could look at you...tell us how you really feel

Yes I get really mad when stock Hondas beat me, but I know that the solution to my problem is to buy a 5.0 so that people WILL look at me.

^^^What an idiot. No one is even going to look at him!!!

Wait....is that the same car that keeps getting featured in magazines and has thousands of followers/youtube subscriptions?

+2

I'm going to attribute that to the fact that Ohio's big head is exponentially more dense than the average 5.0 owner. He's working with Automach so that he could the same custom sunroof installed.
You totally missed the point...
Old 01-28-2013, 12:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm talking just power. And my buddies 5th gen h/c Maggie on 10lbs made 680whp on same dyno same day I made 713whp. It took him a lsx 427 to make more on same boost. Then he made 750 and ran out fuel. He has 20+k in his. So no a stock ls3 will not make same. I'm still on stock headers, only x pipe I got for 120. Everything else stock.

And with appearance mods, everything I still don't have 15k.

And you notice the ls7 I posted was 16k right. I mentioned 20-24k. Cause that what GM. Dealers told my buddy when he blew up his Z06. He built a 440 lsx for 17k.
Man your friend is a idiot. His first mistake was putting that garbage as maggie on it. That thing doesn't make power for **** and then it produces too much heat like all pd blowers do. If he would have thrown a Procharger (still won't cure the cars weight issue) on it he wouldn't have had that issue. I'm making 676 on the stock bottom end with just upgraded injectors and a bap and my car runs perfectly fine. I can throw a smaller pulley on it if I want to but i'm not trying to push it too much cause I plan on building it and going for 1000rwhp. Plus at 3200 pounds not much can beat it around here.

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
Did you seriously just try to say an ls platform is inferior to your coyote because he put a junk Maggie on it!?

Who still buys those!?

What a waste of money!!
All of the dumbasses on Camaro5
Old 01-28-2013, 12:26 AM
TECH Addict

A LS2 in the 9s

1/4 - 9.87
60 - 1.30
MPH - 134.8
3000lbs with me in it
Moser 12 bolt 4.11 spool
Trans - Performabuilt level 3 4L60E / Circle D 5K rpm stall converter (230mm non lockup)
No power adders
455 RWHP SAE corrected engine and mods in sig!

Last edited by Johnnystock; 01-28-2013 at 12:31 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

So what would the 522rwhp 5.0 would dyno on your dyno?? IT DID WHAT IT DID, like your car, my car or any. You know what happened on your dyno day? You dynoed on a real world dyno. Not on an internet over hyped one.

Its funny, I guarantee your roadrunner would not dyno the same. Why? no reason, I just like to speculate like you. You dont know anything about their dyno or the car that dyno.

What about the OPs dyno at 471rwhp?

What about all the other???? Not legit??
I dont know what any of them would make. Dude chill out! Ok let me break this down for you again. My friend built an SS camaro following Pat Gs 500whp guidelines (which is CONSTANTLY brought up in hp arguements proving ls1s can make 500whp). His car was the fastest H/C f body i have ever seen in person and it was full vehicle weight. His car trapped 125 in the dead heat of summer... he only went up once with it and thats what it ran. Never learned how to drive it better, or run it in low DA. Still managed a 125mph trap speed. It was fast...period. His car dynoed 455whp on the same exact dyno jet/shop every single car i ever reference for hp has. That same full bolt on cammed ls2 GTO made 425whp on that exact dyno. My boss made 418whp on that dyno with stock cats/shorties. I will be redynoing the car in a few weeks. The only changes ive made that will effect whp is dropping 20lbs off the driveshaft and adding kooks longtubes and offroad x pipe (i expect a 25whp gain from the headers/xpipe). My guess for my next dyno visit is between 440-450whp. A friend of mine already made 447whp on that dyno with high flow cats, stock resonators, and flowmasters. Theres no question i have a better flowing exhaust...whether it makes a difference...who knows. Now if i make within 10whp of that 455whp SS which again was just as fast and a carbon copy of Pat Gs car (the only difference was it wasnt the same dyno), and then i pick up 50whp from H/C package of my own..... isnt it safe to say the H/C 5.0 makes more power then the H/C ls1? Hell with bolt ons, my car will actually make more power then 95 percent of the H/C ls1s to ever get on that dyno. Im not trying to be a dick or gloat. Im just telling you real world comparisons. Not fighting youtube videos with youtube videos. I have never ever seen a H/C ls1 or ls2 in person make 500whp. Maybe on other dynos in the world.. but not the ones i have experience with.

In the long and short of it.... this is just dyno numbers and they dont matter anyway because dyno numbers dont make cars fast.

And not to sound like a dick again... but if 500whp is so doable... why do neither of your H/C setups make that?

And the OPs 471whp is great power...but again... its not 500whp.

Last edited by evangto87; 01-28-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:32 AM
10 Second Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tzm2pk9-nY

I honestly didnt know some plp on this forum didnt believe some ls1 made 500rwhp. Thats sad.
3250lbs with driver..and he's 140lbs. So 400lbs of weight reduction, super small driver, 4.56 gears and drove 100 miles roush.d trip like it raced.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tzm2pk9-nY

Go back and read my original post... i said they CAN make 500whp... its just not by any means easy and takes a vast knowledge of how to do it. THAT car makes 500whp... why? Because it traps over 130mph at 3250 race weight. I know all about that car. The Pat G 500whp ls1... doesnt make 500whp... unless on a happy dyno.

"It definitely makes 509 RWHP. It wasn't easy." - Owner of the car
Old 01-28-2013, 12:34 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Man your friend is a idiot. His first mistake was putting that garbage as maggie on it. That thing doesn't make power for **** and then it produces too much heat like all pd blowers do. If he would have thrown a Procharger (still won't cure the cars weight issue) on it he wouldn't have had that issue. I'm making 676 on the stock bottom end with just upgraded injectors and a bap and my car runs perfectly fine. I can throw a smaller pulley on it if I want to but i'm not trying to push it too much cause I plan on building it and going for 1000rwhp. Plus at 3200 pounds not much can beat it around here.

All of the dumbasses on Camaro5
He thought about swapping.g to.procharger. then changed his mind. He says maybe later down the road.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:36 AM
10 Second Club

Go back and read my original post... i said they CAN make 500whp... its just not by any means easy and takes a vast knowledge of how to do it. THAT car makes 500whp... why? Because it traps over 130mph at 3250 race weight. I know all about that car. The Pat G 500whp ls1... doesnt make 500whp... unless on a happy dyno.

"It definitely makes 509 RWHP. It wasn't easy." - Owner of the car
Op of video.said 3250 with driver.

Quick Reply: Toxic c6 vs 2011 5.0