Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 ss vs 11 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been gone for too long to respond to this thread.

sooo...

GM>FORD
Old 07-08-2013, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if they only drop 50-100lbs for the z28 from the base ls3 then what the hell was the point?
yea they are throwing in the ls7 but why would u take all the creature comforts out of a 50k+ car just for 50-100lbs. if that were the case there would be no way id buy that car.
i believe they are gonna shed more weight than we are lead to believe...i mean if they are going as far as thinning the glass,pulling ac..and one speaker lmfao id have to think its gonna be in the 36xx range..atleast i hope or they really were smoking that good **** when they drew up this z28 idea.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

knowing a thing or two about 5th gen weight.. im gonna go ahead and guess that getting the new z28 to 3500ish should be fairly easy.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Z28 will be a better performer everywhere.....even in the 1/4 . Wheel/tire only cars will probably run 11.5's.....maybe faster. I look for mags to run 11's with them.

If they don't, they will be a serious disappointment.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Just to clarify, mustangs and camaros suck
Old 07-08-2013, 10:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by big hammer
dear lord you're full of yourself with your 117 mph car.
Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

Hahahahahahahaha
Old 07-08-2013, 10:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Razor01Z28
I wasn't talking about the ''majority'' of GM's cars, you dipshit. I was talking about just the muscle cars. Are you retarded? Go back to the kiddy table, Junior.
When some two-bit CHILD tries to use his intelligence to call me out, all I can really do is laugh. I'm laughing now...

By the way... What you SAID is that GM makes engines with real displacement. NOT some silly little 5.0 and that clearly is what you said. To back track now, after making a complete idiot of yourself and calling me names over it as if I was the moron who made your statement instead of you... well that just shows what you're made of and not...

From here on out, please just let the adults have a conversation and ask someone to explain the hard parts...

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
Track Z28>ZL1>GT500>Boss

Drag GT500>Z28>ZL1>Boss
Maybe, but debatable regardless.

And untill i see irs roll out on there car then ill believe it.
Their car will ... ONCE AGAIN, have IRS. Believe it. They've already announced it and we've already seen several pictures of the testing process... Since they've done it on Mustang before, it's just not that big a deal. If you're in a big hurry to see it, look underneath the rear of a 1999-2004 Cobra that hasn't been swapped.

Also remember when gm had there little colbalt 2L turbo out doing the 4.6 v8 damn sad day for ford haha.
Really? That's not an intelligent argument. AFTER ALL... COMMA... The 4.6L V8 has powered a Mustang WELL INTO the 6's on the 1/4... Like 6.1 or 6.0. Nobody did that with a 2.0L Cobalt and nobody did that with an LS1 either. And nobody ever will! At least, not at the same weight. Reality is, that's not an easy feat and if it was, an LS1 car would've done it by now, as would a Cobalt... The block isn't strong enough for the LS1 and the Cobalt needs a 1200 lb or lighter shell to even consider getting close.

In the future, learn the subject matter BEFORE talking **** so as to prevent yourself from looking like the fool you really are. Call me when you see someone break into the 6's, or even go 7.50's with an actual LS1 and we'll talk.
Originally Posted by adamantium
It'llrun is retarded everyone knows that.
Yet you've never been capable of having a debate with me and making any progress. I'm retarded and you're an ignorant ********... Whatever, bro.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

**** just got real.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 439 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Just to clarify, mustangs and camaros suck
Pontiacs are gay
Old 07-08-2013, 11:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do you own a 6 second mustang itllrun?
Old 07-09-2013, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by clonedws6

Will that make a difference?
Old 07-09-2013, 01:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Lol you are a idoit how many 3Vs run low 6s? I'm talking about every day cars with boltons. Not a ******* race car that you can't drive down the road .

O btw do you own a 6 sec car? You sure don't so you call me when you own one then we will talk. And i'm glad irs isn't a big deal to you but other people like having it. Hell do you even own a car You sound like you are automach jr
Old 07-09-2013, 03:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL... I read ^^^ post and saw 6 second Mustang.

My first thought was, "automach reeled another one in"...

Then I kept reading and saw where he called someone automach jr. LOL
Old 07-09-2013, 04:54 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Yet you've never been capable of having a debate with me and making any progress. I'm retarded and you're an ignorant ********... Whatever, bro.
I think ill pass. You're too derp for me.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hio your gay!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by clonedws6
Does it matter? Really? That has nothing to do with the conversation as I'm positively certain that NOBODY HERE owns a 7 second Colbalt OR Camaro with an LS1... What's your point? Oh, you don't have one except atop your head.
Originally Posted by Heater
Will that make a difference?
Exactly... it won't.

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
Lol you are a idoit how many 3Vs run low 6s? I'm talking about every day cars with boltons. Not a ******* race car that you can't drive down the road .
Well, IDIOT... You should've thought about that when you mentioned the Cobalt and how bad it was for Ford that it was so fast. The standard FACTORY STOCK Cobalt is no match for a Mustang GT of its era and frankly, it never was.

O btw do you own a 6 sec car? You sure don't so you call me when you own one then we will talk.
Why, do you want to race me in your **** box Cobalt? My race car did run 8's, by the way. You have something for that? I can't build another one if you're interested in owning a fast car and can afford it.

And i'm glad irs isn't a big deal to you but other people like having it.
Those people should chime in for themselves so you don't have to make an *** of yourself on their behalf.

Hell do you even own a car You sound like you are automach jr
Oooo... That REALLY hurt... I am CRUSHED! Yes, by the way, I own a car. I own 3 of them and an SUV and a motorcycle, but that's not what this is about and I'm really not interested in getting all personal simply because your little peepee got hurt.

Originally Posted by adamantium
I think ill pass. You're too derp for me.
The real reason you'll pass is that you know you lack the necessary intelligence to spar with me in any mental fashion. No biggie. At least you're smart enough to know your limits and when you'll just end up taking a verbal beating... UNLIKE some others here, who obviously still belong in school.

------------

The bottom line is simple: What is, is. What isn't, isn't. I didn't come in here to have a 3rd grade level argument with anyone. However, I didn't come in to keep reading "dumb *** comments" from those who wish they knew what they think they know either. I tend to get a little testy with those who are obviously uneducated and/or young and ignorant but mouthy. I'm an LS fan, specifically a Corvette fan. That doesn't mean I own the world. However, I'm well educated on the subjects I get involved in here because it interests me. With that, I don't think it's necessary that some trashy-*** kid who got his 1st car which is nearly as old as he is, or older in many cases, acting like he knows so much because, in his uneducated opinion, the LS is the greatest, or GM is the greatest. There's more to like the General Motors and for those who can't see that, you're going nowhere fast.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

It'llrun means biz when he posts. Love that first sig quote.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:29 AM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Still not a 6sec car buddy. I'm glad you run 8s through the 1/8th lmao. And how is talking about irs on a ford making a *** out of myself ? I did't ask for your input there guy so go troll some were else with your bs. And you don't like the comments don't read them or post back. I mean after all it can't be that hard for a guy like you with your educated self to mind you own ******* business.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:39 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Z28 will be a better performer everywhere.....even in the 1/4 . Wheel/tire only cars will probably run 11.5's.....maybe faster. I look for mags to run 11's with them.
Not if it weighs in at the rumored 3700-3800 pounds it wont. A C6 Z is on average a mid 11-sec car at 31XX pounds. Now add another 700 pounds to that! If rumors prove to be true, the Z28 will run similar times to the ZL1, right around low 12s with a few experienced drivers squeaking into the 11s in the most ideal conditions. Guys don't get your hopes up...yet.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Not if it weighs in at the rumored 3700-3800 pounds it wont. A C6 Z is on average a mid 11-sec car at 31XX pounds. Now add another 700 pounds to that! If rumors prove to be true, the Z28 will run similar times to the ZL1, right around low 12s with a few experienced drivers squeaking into the 11s in the most ideal conditions. Guys don't get your hopes up...yet.
This!

Though i hope its quicker then the ZL1. But to be honest, i think the base ls3 vette and Z28 will be very closely matched with the edge to the vette...simply because the vette is always a solid performer regardless of its power plant. And the fifth gen hasnt proven to be yet. Aftermarket obviously changes everything of course.

Quick Reply: 02 ss vs 11 5.0