Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cool race between high dollar cars.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 02:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cool race between high dollar cars.

Idonno if this is the proper forum(might belong in the media section), but it's a race..

If this is old for this forum(published nearly a yr ago), sorry. Just happened to see it and found it interesting.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol at the subaru...wtf was that thing even in there for? and no cts-V?? what the hell lol
Old 07-10-2013, 03:17 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Which one were you driving?
Old 07-10-2013, 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
lol at the subaru...wtf was that thing even in there for? and no cts-V?? what the hell lol
That subaru is a waste of time, but the fanboys for it are out there so strong, they can convince ppl to line it up I guess. That BRZ or FRS or w/e the **** it is is trash off the gate.

13.6 @ 107 turbo'd. Stock and light bolt on cars will live in the low 15, high 14 second range. I've seen some nasty builds, but from what I've seen... either fully built engines, or engine swaps, like the LS2 BRZ thats on here... BRZ06 I think.

I'd like to see an actual 70-80k drag race... a market thats not so high dollar, none of us even see it on the street.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

It was specific to sports cars of sorts. That said, I do concur, there should've been a CTS-V.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:17 PM
12 Second Club

That was awesome, thanks for sharing
Old 07-10-2013, 09:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Who the **** picked those cars? Worlds best what, Drivers? Bullshit. Gayest **** ever. Why not a ZR1? Why the ZL1? BRZ? vs Lamborghini vs Mclaren,....vs a Cobra,....vs a Jag?....vs a what kind of Porsche, the kind that don't matter?

****. Super cool idea,...**** though. Viper? Ferrari? NA Benz? ****, would have been better grabbing a big bodied twin turbo car. They should have the worlds best cars line up. Bring that **** on, like they did that one year, money really shouldn't matter. Bring the ferrari, the enzo or whatever, lambo this or that,..Zr1, GT2 Porsche...GTR....Viper..Mclaren....Benz SLR..ISF.....Veyron....everything. Dunno if it would be fare or not but a Venom GT would be nice for the Bugatti.

Anyways, these cars suck. Shitbag random "high I smoke crack and pick cars to race eachother" lame lame group of cars.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I also was surprised the zr1 wasn't in there... The viper as well..and a 200hp Subaru I mean yea it's funny and all but if ur bringing lambo's to the show you wanna bring the best of the USA as well.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:05 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

They didn't even throw in a sl65 Amg Black
Old 07-15-2013, 01:15 AM
On The Tree

The first race was like this to... they picked the z06 over the zr1.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:24 AM
TECH Addict

I guess their track was too narrow for the rest.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Throw in several various cars,...and you have a better race already.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:03 AM
Teching In

Folks missed the point of this test... Drivers car as in best handling cars out there and obviously you cant test ALL of them so thats the group they were able to get together. In the meantime its a great video and the ZL1 got slaughtered as expected. The GT500 was quicker than most thought. The almighty GTR got walked and well who can be mad at the cute chick in the BRZ.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sledge_Hammer
Folks missed the point of this test... Drivers car as in best handling cars out there and obviously you cant test ALL of them so thats the group they were able to get together. In the meantime its a great video and the ZL1 got slaughtered as expected. The GT500 was quicker than most thought. The almighty GTR got walked and well who can be mad at the cute chick in the BRZ.

Big production, get better cars.

Go big, or go home.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sledge_Hammer
Agreed but come on, Jag??? crappy Merc, and the suba-pos could have been some better choices then that.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Throw in several various cars,...and you have a better race already.

http://youtu.be/OZlGMX8G3B4
but with a down pipe and tune the gtr will blah blah blah
Old 07-17-2013, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

but with a down pipe and tune the gtr will blah blah blah
LOL I was waiting on this. I already know what the excuses are going to be...

Spoiler!
Old 07-17-2013, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by odthetruth
LOL I was waiting on this. I already know what the excuses are going to be...

Spoiler!
LOL funny that everyone in this thread is bitching about the ZR1 not being in this drag race video. Motor trend didn't choose it for their comparo. Bring it up with them. The ZR1 isn't the end all be all car in performance.

Another thing with these best drivers car comparos are they used new and revised car models that were available at the time, hence the reason the ZR1(didn't change), and the new viper (wasn't released yet) weren't in the mix. The GT-R changed three years in a row, the ZL1 was a new trim of Camaro and the GT500 was masssively changed. Also the 991 just came out, the reason why the Porsche was there. The same goes for the Mclaren and Aventador which both came out.

Either way the Mclaren and Aventador would whoop the ZR1 in a drag race at any speed. Then you guys would cry, "put a driver in the ZR1 and watch it beat both" or "put a pulley and tune on the ZR1" LOL
Old 07-17-2013, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheHitman
LOL funny that everyone in this thread is bitching about the ZR1 not being in this drag race video. Motor trend didn't choose it for their comparo. Bring it up with them. The ZR1 isn't the end all be all car in performance.

Another thing with these best drivers car comparos are they used new and revised car models that were available at the time, hence the reason the ZR1(didn't change), and the new viper (wasn't released yet) weren't in the mix. The GT-R changed three years in a row, the ZL1 was a new trim of Camaro and the GT500 was masssively changed. Also the 991 just came out, the reason why the Porsche was there. The same goes for the Mclaren and Aventador which both came out.

Either way the Mclaren and Aventador would whoop the ZR1 in a drag race at any speed. Then you guys would cry, "put a driver in the ZR1 and watch it beat both" or "put a pulley and tune on the ZR1" LOL
eh, not really.. all the bench racing is for the birds.. i like watching cars go at it but if its not my car i could care less... besides the ferrari and lambo are cars that even if i had the money i wouldnt buy.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TheHitman

tl;dr

LOL No but seriously... Don't give a ****. I would have expected the ZR1 to take a loss to both the Aventador and the McLaren, being very close to the McLaren.

I personally would like to see a 70-80k msrp drag race. So that wouldn't include the ZR1. That BRZ in there was a waste of a slot. Agree?

Quick Reply: Cool race between high dollar cars.