Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2008 E85 STI vs me n/a

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 06:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BODUKE
I plan on going to Milan dragway this weds.
Sent you a PM
Old 08-13-2013, 04:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DSS
do a lil more research who exactly i am, before you start mounting off v8eater

i was the first to ever run 11s on the stock turbo back in 2007, it took 3-4 years for another car to run 11s

that car that traps 123mph is my buddies car Rob, his tuned by the same tuner and i have helped him set his car up, just to let you know i make more power than he does

you seem so butt hurt cuz u know somewhere out there a stock turbo STi will smack your *** with ease roll and dig against that so called v8 you have on your engine bay

playing with trap speed game with AWD is lil messy, im sure you already know that the pass with the best 60th and traction it wont net you the best trap speed, but if you have somewhat a shitty 60th and traction like most RWD and FWD they will tend to trap higher,

that 11.6 @ 123 car is my buddies car, he was on stretch tires (car show car) on that pass, we are both tuned by the same tuner, and i made alot more power than him

so im foolish now to bring up the 29psi? figure out who i am to this record first before you mouth off, its obvious you have no idea how the stock turbo STi works, cuz if you did you wont be talking like that
yeah you are.all stock turbo records were below 23 psi..matter of fact P&l was at 21 psi.
another wrx vf39 that did trap 121 was also on 22 psi spike.

Yeah you will make more power on one single pull but once you go tru all gears, by the end of 4th gear at 1/4 ur egts will be too high whih will cause to lose power. my vf39 was still making whp at 25 psi on e85.anything over would only gain tq spikes and whp would drop.

ok you went 11 sec..years ago.
why don't you go to the track turn ur boost to 29 psi and see what it traps.dyno numbers don't mean ****, only traps .

My current srt4 stock turbo e85 went 11.8 @ 119 25 psi of boost.

dynode 301hp and 400 tq. now local on the same setup, sam dyno but 30 psi spike layed down 311whp and 426tq.we went to the strip and his car trapped 114 and I went 119. more psi don't mean more power.obviously you don't kno much about egts.

show me a slip fo you trapping 123+ and a datalog of 29 psi and I will believe you it still makes power at that psi going tru gears.

peace
Old 08-13-2013, 05:35 AM
DSS
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by srt4e85
yeah you are.all stock turbo records were below 23 psi..matter of fact P&l was at 21 psi.
another wrx vf39 that did trap 121 was also on 22 psi spike.

Yeah you will make more power on one single pull but once you go tru all gears, by the end of 4th gear at 1/4 ur egts will be too high whih will cause to lose power. my vf39 was still making whp at 25 psi on e85.anything over would only gain tq spikes and whp would drop.

ok you went 11 sec..years ago.
why don't you go to the track turn ur boost to 29 psi and see what it traps.dyno numbers don't mean ****, only traps .

My current srt4 stock turbo e85 went 11.8 @ 119 25 psi of boost.

dynode 301hp and 400 tq. now local on the same setup, sam dyno but 30 psi spike layed down 311whp and 426tq.we went to the strip and his car trapped 114 and I went 119. more psi don't mean more power.obviously you don't kno much about egts.

show me a slip fo you trapping 123+ and a datalog of 29 psi and I will believe you it still makes power at that psi going tru gears.

peace

wtf you really need to do your damn homework kid, read my post carefully next time, because when did i say i was on 29psi of boost? i mainly i stayed it still continue to make more power even at 29psi for the sake of testing, but instead of spiking it that high, we went with a different approach to make power by playing around with the timing curve instead(tuners preference), its all about how much boost your making thru the power band, not the peak boost

23psi of boost? hahahhaha... just to let you know, out of the top 10 cars, 5 of them i know the owner personally, 3 of them are tuned by my tuner. so please show me these facts you speak off

as for EGT, how the **** are you going to assume that i didnt pay attention to it, the car was road tune on a empty *** road it we 1/4 mile simulated plenty of times during tuning, we even went 0=mph to 145mph test the EGT stayed consistent, the EGT was tapped on the hottest cylinder aswell. boost isnt the only thing that causes to EGT get up. ever heard of timing? better yet do you even understand the AVCS system on STi? having the right tuner can go along way specially when tuning for the best result power under curve, it isnt about peak numbers.

why the **** are you comparing your SRT4 with STi? they are completely different car, that reason alone is pretty stupid to bring it up as example, and the example you used is even more worse, you used two different SRT4 your car and your buddies car, it got different result? well no ****, they are two different cars,

trap speed a bit tricky, traction plays a huge roll on the result, yet people toss around "trapspeed" like its the clear winner on exactly faster, unless of course difference is a huge gap,

i no longer play around with the stock turbo ****, nor care for it, its been many years i have a completely different subaru now. its a 2600lb 2 door subaru, im just here correcting few misinformed LS1tech members,

Last edited by DSS; 08-13-2013 at 06:22 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DSS
wtf you really need to do your damn homework kid, read my post carefully next time, because when did i say i was on 29psi of boost? i mainly i stayed it still continue to make more power even at 29psi for the sake of testing, but instead of spiking it that high, we went with a different approach to make power by playing around with the timing curve instead(tuners preference), its all about how much boost your making thru the power band, not the peak boost

23psi of boost? hahahhaha... just to let you know, out of the top 10 cars, 5 of them i know the owner personally, 3 of them are tuned by my tuner. so please show me these facts you speak off

as for EGT, how the **** are you going to assume that i didnt pay attention to it, the car was road tune on a empty *** road it we 1/4 mile simulated plenty of times during tuning, we even went 0=mph to 145mph test the EGT stayed consistent, the EGT was tapped on the hottest cylinder aswell. boost isnt the only thing that causes to EGT get up. ever heard of timing? better yet do you even understand the AVCS system on STi? having the right tuner can go along way specially when tuning for the best result power under curve, it isnt about peak numbers.

why the **** are you comparing your SRT4 with STi? they are completely different car, that reason alone is pretty stupid to bring it up as example, and the example you used is even more worse, you used two different SRT4 your car and your buddies car, it got different result? well no ****, they are two different cars,

trap speed a bit tricky, traction plays a huge roll on the result, yet people toss around "trapspeed" like its the clear winner on exactly faster, unless of course difference is a huge gap,

i no longer play around with the stock turbo ****, nor care for it, its been many years i have a completely different subaru now. its a 2600lb 2 door subaru, im just here correcting few misinformed LS1tech members,
Skittles vs. M&M.... either way they are both just candy.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:46 PM
DSS
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Skittles vs. M&M.... either way they are both just candy.
its really too bad your not from my area,

your mustang will be Rustang after the candies are done with your car

Last edited by DSS; 08-13-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DSS
you should read your own post #3, i am mainly correcting your misinformed claims

112? yea maybe 19psi on 91 cali **** pump gas hahaha
So just because you have been stirring up so much **** I decided to look into this. So you are DownSTI?

You made the above comment when you only trapped 113? so you are saying you need 10psi and 100 octane from 91 pump to gain 1mph trap?

Here's the list for reference:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1630157
Old 08-13-2013, 03:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Also according to this thread the car was totaled in 2010?

Why is it in your sig and bragging about it when its been totaled for 3 years?

You don't even hold that record either. WTF?

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gd-membe...-121-a-15.html
Old 08-13-2013, 03:39 PM
DSS
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Skraight
So just because you have been stirring up so much **** I decided to look into this. So you are DownSTI?

You made the above comment when you only trapped 113? so you are saying you need 10psi and 100 octane from 91 pump to gain 1mph trap?

Here's the list for reference:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1630157
yes i am DownSTi yes i trapped 113mph on 100 octane with back in early 2007, full weight,and thats when we barely even pushed the car to its limits, few years later we aimed for bigger power with other fuels, weight reduction, more bolt ons, and etc.. a completely different car but tuned by my tuner on 91 trapped 112mph with only 290whp fullweight my car on 91 made just tiny bit more and lighter, but never went back to track for pump gas times,

since i only trapped 113mph can you please explain why my car performs against these cars trapping way above 113mph from a roll 40-140mph?

heres a GT35R civic trapping 122mph vs my car on 91 octane back in 2007

thread about the GTO on ls1tech. it made 460whp trapped 119mph
https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedi...h-control.html

since then my car was tuned on pure VP MS109 fuel and later again switched to E85, and made 40whp more on a low reading mustang dyno thru out the whole powerband. it also has total 150lb total weight reduction

my car on E85 friends Evo that ran 10.8s with highest trap of 134mph back in late 2009

i was about 3.5 to 4 cars back from 40-140mph
cant the find the 134mph pass but heres one

heres a supposedly a "cam only" Camaro but it trapped 126mph

40-140 race

old thread on LS1tech
https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedi...wrx-sti-2.html

heres a stockish GTR

to my knowledge a first gen 2010 GTR should trap around 118-120mph right?

how come a 113mph car was able to put this much distance on it? hahaha

this is why trap speed is not a real factor to who really is faster car when the difference in trap speed is 1mph to 10mph, people make too much of a big deal out of it

Last edited by DSS; 08-13-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Oh Lawd! What's going on over here?
Old 08-13-2013, 04:01 PM
DSS
Staging Lane

Also according to this thread the car was totaled in 2010?

Why is it in your sig and bragging about it when its been totaled for 3 years?

You don't even hold that record either. WTF?

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gd-membe...-121-a-15.html
i dont hold a record? hahahahah

take a guess whos the first to ever run 11s on the stock turbo STi? it took nearly 3 years for another car to even get in my bracket

that it self is not a record?

yes its totaled it was rear ended, and spun out of control, read my sig carefully rookie, the car is almost done being transplanted to a different chassis, a 1999 2 door GC8 that weights around 2650lb after the full power train is swapped, my daily driver right now has been taking alot of my money, once i finish the Z06, ill get right back on my weekend car, its hard to have two projects trying to make above 700whp on both cars
Old 08-13-2013, 04:06 PM
DSS
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TheHitman
Oh Lawd! What's going on over here?
bunch of misinformed rambling doubts

and a stupid kid barely even understand cars trying to get me worked up haha

-------

oh btw skraight

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-o...bout-lids.html

lids will help

damn kids these days thinking they know a thing or two .. sigh... shaking my head

Last edited by DSS; 08-13-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

I never claimed to be an expert of any sort, just found it amusing you were dancing around the trap mph question because you knew he was right.

What is the point of bragging about a car that's been dead for years? Nobody cares.

There was even an urbandictionary entry about you and how big of an sti nutswinger and **** gobbler you were.

Since you want to play the I'm a noob part what about when you couldn't figure out how to unbolt your header:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=903418

Last edited by Skraight; 08-13-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:00 PM
DSS
Staging Lane

I never claimed to be an expert of any sort, just found it amusing you were dancing around the trap mph question because you knew he was right.

What is the point of bragging about a car that's been dead for years? Nobody cares.

There was even an urbandictionary entry about you and how big of an sti nutswinger and **** gobbler you were.
hahaha

thats funny, ******* scrub *** rookie knows it all,

dancing around the trap speed question? lol do you even understand trap speed kiddo

my car is dead? its being transplanted to a different subaru chassis, its pretty much alive

im not even going to bother with dumbass rookie scrub like you, its just a waste of my time

stick to the scrub rookie section kid,
Old 08-13-2013, 06:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DSS
its really too bad your not from my area,

your mustang will be Rustang after the candies are done with your car
I have had a low 11sec Eclipse. I know what its like to have no torque. And you have no idea what my rustang is capable of. I too wish you were closer...but alas.. all we can do is wish. Your "record" in a Subaro is akin to winning a gold medal at the Special Olympics. One day you will be able to come play with the big boys.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:19 PM
DSS
Staging Lane

im pretty damn sure your so called rustang would get smacked up out here, no torque? only on your gay *** eclipse

your a big boy? thats got to be a joke man, you can barely beat a old *** stock 600cc bike, ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

but if your ever around my area, and feeling frogy let me know on these threads
https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...-part-2-a.html
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ok-inside.html

here a few whats going on the driveway
https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedi...owertrain.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...ed-camaro.html

Last edited by DSS; 08-13-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Bring your car to TX2K14 =)
Old 08-13-2013, 09:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DSS
im pretty damn sure your so called rustang would get smacked up out here, no torque? only on your gay *** eclipse

your a big boy? thats got to be a joke man, you can barely beat a old *** stock 600cc bike, ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

but if your ever around my area, and feeling frogy let me know on these threads
https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...-part-2-a.html
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ok-inside.html

here a few whats going on the driveway
https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedi...owertrain.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...ed-camaro.html
and you would wrong to assume my car still has the same setup. And just a note.. DSMs have scruubed the roads with scoobies since day one. But ill extend the same coutesy to you. Come out here and show me what you can do. We both know it isnt happening so its a moot point to discuss it. So have fun in your gutted out, less torque than my head bolts, piece of crap fart can import.

Oh and based on your response, I have to ask....umadbro?

You must REALLY be proud of your Special Olympics stock turbo gold medal.

Last edited by Poppacapp; 08-13-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Bring your car to TX2K14 =)
I am considering a buildup for the Texas Mile. Should be fun. That is the llace to be for fast cars.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DSS
yes i am DownSTi yes i trapped 113mph on 100 octane with back in early 2007, full weight,and thats when we barely even pushed the car to its limits, few years later we aimed for bigger power with other fuels, weight reduction, more bolt ons, and etc.. a completely different car but tuned by my tuner on 91 trapped 112mph with only 290whp fullweight my car on 91 made just tiny bit more and lighter, but never went back to track for pump gas times,

since i only trapped 113mph can you please explain why my car performs against these cars trapping way above 113mph from a roll 40-140mph?

heres a GT35R civic trapping 122mph vs my car on 91 octane back in 2007
GT35R Civic vs Stock Turbo STi - YouTube

thread about the GTO on ls1tech. it made 460whp trapped 119mph
https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedi...h-control.html

LS2 GTO vs Fast STi - YouTube

since then my car was tuned on pure VP MS109 fuel and later again switched to E85, and made 40whp more on a low reading mustang dyno thru out the whole powerband. it also has total 150lb total weight reduction

my car on E85 friends Evo that ran 10.8s with highest trap of 134mph back in late 2009

i was about 3.5 to 4 cars back from 40-140mph
STi vs Evo IX - YouTube
cant the find the 134mph pass but heres one
10.989 @130 - YouTube

heres a supposedly a "cam only" Camaro but it trapped 126mph

40-140 race

old thread on LS1tech
https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedi...wrx-sti-2.html

LSx Camaro SS vs Very Fast STi - YouTube

heres a stockish GTR

to my knowledge a first gen 2010 GTR should trap around 118-120mph right?

how come a 113mph car was able to put this much distance on it? hahaha
Bolt on STi vs Tuned GT-R - YouTube

this is why trap speed is not a real factor to who really is faster car when the difference in trap speed is 1mph to 10mph, people make too much of a big deal out of it
I don't care how you bullshit your way around it, a 113mph car isn't pulling a 120mph car from (assuming both cars get some sort of traction, which judging by your videos, they did). A couple mph might not decide a race but 7-10 absolutely will.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DSS

you don't hold that record anymore. it dosent matter if it was 10 years ago. stop claiming you still hold it.

and if you were on nasioc forums you would know it tak 21-23 psi to maX THE STOCK TURBO out.P&L trapped 118 on 21 psi.Traction vs no traction. trap speed might be off by 1mph if your shifting the same on both runs.Trap speed will tell you how much power you are making.Its not going to be 5 mph difference becase your 60ft was 2.0 vs 1.6..you think your hit don't stink because you went 11's back in the day. so what? now theres 10 of them I 11's and in mid 11 you have 2-3 stock turbos.

So two srt4s with stock turbo , same setup same dyno, fuel same day is comparing apples to oranges.I was pointing out that more boos don't mean more power,higher trap.I clearly said he made more power, his powerband was better than mine was all the way to redline.he made more tq on down low and more on top, same thing with whp.but once at the strip he was 4mph down. so you are telling me because his 60ft was worse he trapped way lower than me?its because his egs were so high that after going tru gear he was losing whp.
your a bench ricer. I have first hand experience.When my 60ft was lower, my mph went down as well, not by 3-5 mph, but ~1mph.its not because of fwd, you r stupid if you think that.Ive had runs where my 60ft went down and my mph went up as well.**** going from 24.5 slicks to 26 in slick my mph went up by 2 mph. by 60 ft was as low as 1.7XX.
My buddy in his evo stock turbo was getting deep into mid 10s and his best trap was when his 60ft was shietty.so don't tell me awd cars get a better trap when they get outta the hole fastest.its not tru. its ur ricer math.

29 psi still making power,i believe it.you can play so much with timing .once mbt is reached you aren't gaining ****.

once you go over mbt, you will lose power.even tho u don't knock.Your egts will decrease even if you add too much timing but power will suffer.

If 29 psi was goig to get you into low 11s and 123+ traps, everyone who was tring to beat the record would do it.Ask stimike or any respected tuned on nasioc,or ge him here.he will tell you 29 psi will make more power than on 23 psi, but its about whp when it comes to the trap speed, not tq.you out of your tq powerband in a 1/4 run.its about how much whp you hold on top.Tq will always drop no matter how much boost you hold at redline. 29 psi will happen on low end, will never happen in mid range and top end.

good thing you are done playing with stock turbos cuz you would make a fool out of urself kid. ur stocker trapped 113 on 100 oct.what a shame.

113 vs 122.ur stock turbo beast that trapped 113(lol) got ate up.even from the low roll the civic had major traction problems and still pulled like ur not even moving,.**** the dig.he was on street tires.your an idiot if you think you had a chance with that civic dude. He ate you up.!!!!!!next time try a 70 roll and let her eat.i still think that honda would hve traction problem at higher roll . good one bud. you got smoked lol..

Quick Reply: 2008 E85 STI vs me n/a