Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Anybody on here ever street raced/pulled on a GTR?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 04:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I raced one. I lost by a car from a dig, and beat another one by a car from a roll.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TheHitman
I raced one. I lost by a car from a dig, and beat another one by a car from a roll.
You raced him in your gtr?
Old 09-01-2013, 01:24 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Whiplash88
The newer V6 generation yea, but those R34s haul ***.
Huh?
Old 09-01-2013, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by StealthFRC
i did with my old setup. the gtr was the usual 1000cc inj,all bolt ons and e85
race one, i hit the limiter a bunch lol but came around him then he got out

this is my old setup, stock motor with a t trim on 10psi... they wont touch my car now.
C5 vs GTR - YouTube

good race, i ended up with 1-2 cars on him

C5 vs GTR - YouTube
Having owned both cars in this vid I don't see this outcome if he was on E85. With the set up in the video your C5 should be a high 12x-low 130mph car while full bolt on E85 cars are mid 13x cars all day long with the traction and transmission advantage. This outcome is believable if he was on pump gas though, especially if you are saying the GT-R owner only made 575whp. As for the "they won't touch my car now" comment, there is always someone faster...
Old 09-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having owned both cars in this vid I don't see this outcome if he was on E85. With the set up in the video your C5 should be a high 12x-low 130mph car while full bolt on E85 cars are mid 13x cars all day long with the traction and transmission advantage. This outcome is believable if he was on pump gas though, especially if you are saying the GT-R owner only made 575whp. As for the "they won't touch my car now" comment, there is always someone faster...
like i said, he was on e85. what is up with everyone on this site with the "the car should be faster" it is what it is bud, every dyno is different, every car is different, every setup is different. our cars were on different dynos on different days... i could'nt care less what you have owned and what you have experience in as the video is proof of what went down.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

like i said, he was on e85. what is up with everyone on this site with the "the car should be faster" it is what it is bud, every dyno is different, every car is different, every setup is different. our cars were on different dynos on different days... i could care less what you have owned and what you have experience in as the video is proof of what went down.
I'm putting my two cents in. What is up with you getting all pissy about it and then coming off all condecending with comments like "they won't touch my car now" like your car is magically going to beat any car you come up against. How about you come out of your comfort zone and run something you would actually lose against?
Old 09-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Teching In

I'm putting my two cents in. What is up with you getting all pissy about it and then coming off all condecending with comments like "they won't touch my car now" like your car is magically going to beat any car you come up against. How about you come out of your comfort zone and run something you would actually lose against?
"they" as in the red gtr, because it is the truth lol. you don't know my setup. of course there is always a faster car, your miss understanding what i wrote.

i have lost plenty of times. there are plenty of videos of my car in this section, don't think i've seen any of yours tho?
Old 09-01-2013, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Well an update to this thread, I beat a R34 GT-R and another R35 GT-R. R34 had a 70mm single and a built 2.8L motor and the R35 had full exhaust and a tune.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

"they" as in the red gtr, because it is the truth lol. you don't know my setup. of course there is always a faster car, your miss understanding what i wrote.

i have lost plenty of times. there are plenty of videos of my car in this section, don't think i've seen any of yours tho?

Look harder. I've posted races of me vs my buddy's ZR1, and numerous other cars. I've also posted speedos of my car as well.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:07 PM
TECH Regular

mmm sexy *** cars, new ones and old ones
Old 09-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Teching In

i can do that to... old setup http://s550.photobucket.com/user/bad...ab58b.mp4.html

on a serious note, i am jealous of that r34... drooling right now
Old 09-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Teching In

nissan dropped the ball putting V6s in the new GTRs, they shouldve just kept the old inline 6. Im not a tuner guy, but those R34 skylines are bad ***.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Teching In

i seriously don't think Nissan dropped the ball with anything re the R35, the car simply dominates.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by 200HP/Ltr
I was there that day,this is from Prairie Hill,Texas.
GTR is an Asian guy's new car...exhaust and tune. He refused to launch/*** rape it. There's videos of highway play with various cars,bike..seems quick, but..
Honey Badger's Mustang is a Goddamned beast. Centrifugal Blower..running tens at that shitty abandoned airfield.
(Note the grass growing up between the concrete sections at finish.)
I don't remember anybody beating him that day. He won overall event.
Only cars faster were some of the full-race guys that showed up for test 'n tune.
It was a free event held to re-open the track and lay down some rubber after some improvements.
GTRs run the gamut, like all of our makes I guess.

Reminds me of a post I saw here.. "I thought all Camaros ran the same"..lol

The T1 and Jotech prepped GTR's will be at Import Face-Off at Ennis next month.
One of the T1R's drove in and ran 9.xxx.

First post, yes. Thanks for not requiring a hundred posts and hazing to enjoy your forum like Mustang Foreskin.
Props to all you guys..the LS is a Godsend. (like Honda)
What was you driving?

And I did lose but bought back in. Lost to a full race car fbody. That I talked with guy for a while. Said his car weighed about 2500lbs with him in it. And was making enough to run 9s on motor and he had spray yet to go on it. It was fast as hell. But he and another guy eliminated each other after I bought back in.

Also my mustang is gone now.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
What was you driving?
Also my mustang is gone now.
I got there late..just spectating. But i was in my blue EG hatch.
Guess that's why I never saw you lose. Didn't get to see the runs against the Drag cars.
Small world.

Was that right? Weren't you layin' down 10's? (no timer display out there)

Last edited by 200HP/Ltr; 09-02-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by 200HP/Ltr
I got there late..just spectating. But i was in my blue EG hatch.
Guess that's why I never saw you lose. Didn't get to see the runs against the Drag cars.
Small world.

Was that right? Weren't you layin' down 10's? (no timer display out there)
When it hooked was running 10.4-10.6's.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Teching In

Well an update to this thread, I beat a R34 GT-R and another R35 GT-R. R34 had a 70mm single and a built 2.8L motor and the R35 had full exhaust and a tune.
what was that R34 putting down?
Old 09-03-2013, 06:47 PM
***Repost Police***

what was that R34 putting down?
Ok kiddo, let's clear something up. I never said anything about your car, only that you were talking out of your *** and need to observe a little bit before you go starting **** with people that have been members here since you started driving. And (not that he needs me to talk for him) snake95 had a very good point. Most members' cars on this forum will be down for periods of time at any given point, because they are doing the work themselves and have other cars to drive. So if you're going to try and use a quote against someone on the subject of them talking about your car, try to use one where they actually are talking about your car...
Old 09-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Ok kiddo, let's clear something up. I never said anything about your car, only that you were talking out of your *** and need to observe a little bit before you go starting **** with people that have been members here since you started driving. And (not that he needs me to talk for him) snake95 had a very good point. Most members' cars on this forum will be down for periods of time at any given point, because they are doing the work themselves and have other cars to drive. So if you're going to try and use a quote against someone on the subject of them talking about your car, try to use one where they actually are talking about your car...
Can you hop off my already? You screwing with it's power to weight ratio, thanks.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:43 PM
***Repost Police***

Can you hop off my already? You screwing with it's power to weight ratio, thanks.
*Quotes somebody in sig and says "hop off my sack," when they bring it up*

Quick Reply: Anybody on here ever street raced/pulled on a GTR?