Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Regal vs Turbo Trans Am

Old 10-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Lol coming from the guy who's fastest car is a turbo regal.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by sw07gt
What did my old turbo setup run? I've already posted that, there was already a discussion. What my car ran doesn't change how fast his car is or isn't. What I think is ******* hilarious is that if that third gen belonged to someone who wasn't a member or someone like automach pretty much everyone in here would be ragging on it. But because you all like Nightmare everyone just sits here and pretends like his car is a bad bitch.
That's simply not the case. He built his car for a purpose; READ: He built his car not to hound the strip every weekend searching for that last tenth, built it to be enjoyable and comfortable to cruise around in, he's sacrificed many things to stay on track with his goal. ****, in just the other thread he said how his baby *** air filter is choking him down but the changes he'd have to make may sacrifice his goal, which (again) is to be enjoyable and comfy while being absolutely gorgeous and turning heads.

He swapped a motor entirely different from the OEM motor into the damn car, and turbo'd it after that. Now sure, in online drag-racing world, where everybody acts like complicated **** is a cinch and takes one weekend, it's just another 5.3, but since you're someone who has done it before, I thought you'd understand there's more to it than that.

I have no doubts he could sacrifice and deter from his original goal, but the fact that he chooses not to and shrugs his shoulders at haters like you is ******' awesome. Too many people get online and see what the "internet" says you should do, and alter their goals. **** that noise. Real world: he will roll up on and leave a ton of cars on the road scratching their heads when they get freight trained by him. Internet world: **** doesn't run 8's at 150? ****'s slow.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Launching!

Real word all turbo LS cars should be capable of running/running with mid 130s. It's can be easily achieved on the setup he's got. So yes it is slow, yes I do understand what he's trying to do, yes his car is clean as **** and I do like but it doesn't change the fact that it should be faster.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Real word all turbo LS cars should be capable of running/running with mid 130s. It's can be easily achieved on the setup he's got. So yes it is slow, yes I do understand what he's trying to do, yes his car is clean as **** and I do like but it doesn't change the fact that it should be faster.
EZ

The internet has ruined reality lol
Old 10-10-2013, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snake95
That's simply not the case. He built his car for a purpose; READ: He built his car not to hound the strip every weekend searching for that last tenth, built it to be enjoyable and comfortable to cruise around in, he's sacrificed many things to stay on track with his goal. ****, in just the other thread he said how his baby *** air filter is choking him down but the changes he'd have to make may sacrifice his goal, which (again) is to be enjoyable and comfy while being absolutely gorgeous and turning heads.

He swapped a motor entirely different from the OEM motor into the damn car, and turbo'd it after that. Now sure, in online drag-racing world, where everybody acts like complicated **** is a cinch and takes one weekend, it's just another 5.3, but since you're someone who has done it before, I thought you'd understand there's more to it than that.

I have no doubts he could sacrifice and deter from his original goal, but the fact that he chooses not to and shrugs his shoulders at haters like you is ******' awesome. Too many people get online and see what the "internet" says you should do, and alter their goals. **** that noise. Real world: he will roll up on and leave a ton of cars on the road scratching their heads when they get freight trained by him. Internet world: **** doesn't run 8's at 150? ****'s slow.
agreed on all points.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

my question to you is what makes you think it wont be faster? slight changes will make a big difference but its his car and he'll do it when he wants and how he wants. there is no sense in picking apart someone elses build. "should" is an easy word to throw around for just about any subject
Old 10-10-2013, 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

christ with your reasoning everyone should just buy an ariel atom to appease you. You know what is nice about cars? VARIETY. Not everyone running the same god damn **** in every car. Kinda like restoring an old car and putting a SBC350 in it..
Old 10-10-2013, 11:37 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What did my old turbo setup run? I've already posted that, there was already a discussion. What my car ran doesn't change how fast his car is or isn't. What I think is ******* hilarious is that if that third gen belonged to someone who wasn't a member or someone like automach pretty much everyone in here would be ragging on it. But because you all like Nightmare everyone just sits here and pretends like his car is a bad bitch.
It's not even a matter of us thinking it's a 'bad *** bitc'h. He's a humble guy on this board and never talks ****. He also built his own car, fabbed his own parts, and did so on a budget. What's '******* hilarious' is that you don't have a pot to **** in and would rather rag on others with less than ideal numbers.
Do you have to be a world-class douche in every post? Just curious.
Originally Posted by ZFreie
Based off his other posts, the answer is yes.
Originally Posted by Ju1ce
Just another washed up never has-been trying to relive his glory days.
Actually, This is what is '******* hilarious'.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Launching!

The SRK section is funny bust Automachs ***** when people with his setup have gone 135+ and act like its normal for a turbo 5.3 to go 124.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

FWIW nightmares car is gorgeous, i love third gens, i can certainly appreciate all the time and effort that went into that car, knowing full well what it started out life as.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Teching In

Let's not forget that nightmare also fabbed the hotside pipes on my turbo setup... ultimately leading to his demise.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ThoR294
Get a MGW... best shifter ever
I was looking at either MGW or pro 5.0. Seems both have great reviews so I guess it's just preference. The MGW is probably my most preferred at the moment though.

Originally Posted by willizm
Good runs guys. Nightmare it's time to turn the wick up and go 4l80e.
The car is def getting more boost when it has the meth. Not too crazy, but another 3 pounds should add a nice bump in power and get me over my 600 rwhp goal. Just don't know if I can give up the stick though. I'm like the only one I've seen in a while that has a turbo 5.3 stick car...probably because they go slower lol, but I can't ditch my man points just to go a little faster!

I try not to be a duesh to anyone and mostly try to respect everyone's cars whether I appreciate them or not. Thats obviously not the case with you. I know the car doesn't perform top notch at the track, and I don't care. It's probably one of the nicest restored third gen TA's in existence (not to toot my own horn, but the majority of them are less than average lol) and I take joy in the fact that the car not only looks good, but has power to back it up. I just anally raped a new camaro SS on the highway last night and the look on the guys face was priceless. Thats why I enjoy the car...not to set any track records.

I could give you a hug right now (no homo) but you basically said everything I was thinking lol. Thanks for the good words buddy.

Let's not forget that nightmare also fabbed the hotside pipes on my turbo setup... ultimately leading to his demise.

Now the real question is, should I be mad that it was such a close race, or happy that my creation is performing so well?? Tough choice, lmao.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:11 PM
9 Second Club

The SRK section is funny bust Automachs *****......<gets cut off>
Old 10-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Teching In

Don't be mad... I clubbed a baby 03 Cobra seal a few weeks back that makes mid 400s.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:16 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by NightmareTA

The car is def getting more boost when it has the meth. Not too crazy, but another 3 pounds should add a nice bump in power and get me over my 600 rwhp goal. Just don't know if I can give up the stick though. I'm like the only one I've seen in a while that has a turbo 5.3 stick car...probably because they go slower lol, but I can't ditch my man points just to go a little faster!
What cam and turbo do you have on the car? Thinking if you get a good cam it would help your spool between shifts.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I love when someone is asked their times states that it's been posted before rather then just say it.
Wtf?

I will copy paste my time like a stripper with a recent boob job that wants to show her jubblies.

Go ahead someone ask me.
Be proud of your slips.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:25 PM
11 Second Club

EZ

The internet has ruined reality lol
Frickin' WEB!~
Old 10-10-2013, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hugger1975
I love when someone is asked their times states that it's been posted before rather then just say it.
Wtf?

I will copy paste my time like a stripper with a recent boob job that wants to show her jubblies.

Go ahead someone ask me.
Be proud of your slips.
Proof?
Old 10-10-2013, 12:31 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZFreie
Proof?
Troof!

Old 10-10-2013, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

The SRK section is funny bust Automachs ***** when people with his setup have gone 135+ and act like its normal for a turbo 5.3 to go 124.
Originally Posted by NightmareTA

I try not to be a duesh to anyone and mostly try to respect everyone's cars whether I appreciate them or not. Thats obviously not the case with you. I know the car doesn't perform top notch at the track, and I don't care. It's probably one of the nicest restored third gen TA's in existence (not to toot my own horn, but the majority of them are less than average lol) and I take joy in the fact that the car not only looks good, but has power to back it up. I just anally raped a new camaro SS on the highway last night and the look on the guys face was priceless. Thats why I enjoy the car...not to set any track records.
This is why! NightmareTA isnt an ******* troll, as for automach...

I cant watch the vid at work, but I cant wait to see it.

Juice, my car has been down for months now, but when I finally get some time (at this rate, most likely not till next summer, haha) we should line them up again. I get the feeling the outcome will be slightly different this time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Regal vs Turbo Trans Am