Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

weekend fun in my vette

Old 02-04-2014, 09:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as was stated, we all got warnings and let go, where we continued on our journey to try to race elsewhere. my encounter with the cops went like this:

cop- shut you engine off right now! (runs over to car yelling at me to hand him my car keys)
me- i don't have keys officer
cop- how do you start the car?
me- i push this button right here (points at start button)
cop- don't you bs me, i know these things use a fob to start and they have to be on your somewhere to start the car. so how did you start the car?
me- sir, i just picked it up from the shop and it was already running so i just drove off and here i am
cop- give me your keys, this is the last time i'm going to ask you
me- (picks up house keychain from cupholder space) here you go officer, these are the only keys i have in the car, my house keys. as you can see there's no car key on here. and now that you've made me shut my car off i don't think i'll be able to leave
cop- do you have a license?
me- yes, here you go
cop- do you still live at this address on your license?
me- yes
cop- are you in the military?
me- no
cop- were you ever in the military
me- yes a long time ago
cop- (squats down to get eye to eye and serious) OK, I HAVE YOUR LICENSE AND KEYS, SO DON'T START YOUR CAR AND TRY TO RUN OFF!
me- ok, i'll be sitting here til you're done

30 minutes later

cop1 returns with 2 other buddies. tells me that my other buddies behind me told him the same story about me losing my key fobs all the time and they called me fonzarelli. tells me it was too bad i was so far up here by myself because i missed out on all the fun they were having in the back with the other guys. explains to me why we were all stopped, (someone reported two cars racing between 90-100mph) and since we were all moving at about the same rate when the first cop tagged the first 2 cars going about that speed, we were all considered a group so we all got pulled over. after this long talk about the law, the original cop hands me back my house keys and says the ticketing officer will give me back my license here shortly.

cop2- so were you racing?
me- not yet
cop2- dang so none of you all are gonna admit to racing to me?
me- i can't speak for what everyone else told you, only what i am telling you.
cop2- (pretends to be writing me a ticket)
cop3- (walks to the rear of my car and spotlights my hatch area) IS THAT NITROUS BACK THERE???
me- (thinking dammit i knew that was gonna happen) yes sir those are nitrous bottles, but they're empty
cop2- was it because you were racing?
me- (laughs)...(serious face) no!
cop2- hands me back my license and says have a nice night and to enjoy our evening elsewhere but not on this particular stretch of road.
me- thanks (pushes start button, car starts)
cop1- whips back around and smiles at me

i don't have all of it on video as when they cops runs up to me i take the camera off the car and turn it off.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

woooo
Old 02-04-2014, 10:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fonzo
me- (picks up house keychain from cupholder space) here you go officer, these are the only keys i have in the car, my house keys. as you can see there's no car key on here. and now that you've made me shut my car off i don't think i'll be able to leave
me- not yet
CLASSIC!!
Old 02-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fonzo
as was stated, we all got warnings and let go, where we continued on our journey to try to race elsewhere. my encounter with the cops went like this:

cop- shut you engine off right now! (runs over to car yelling at me to hand him my car keys)
me- i don't have keys officer
cop- how do you start the car?
me- i push this button right here (points at start button)
cop- don't you bs me, i know these things use a fob to start and they have to be on your somewhere to start the car. so how did you start the car?
me- sir, i just picked it up from the shop and it was already running so i just drove off and here i am
cop- do you have a license?
me- yes, here you go
cop- do you still live at this address on your license?
me- yes
cop- are you in the military?
me- no
cop- were you ever in the military
me- yes a long time ago
cop- (squats down to get eye to eye and serious) OK, I HAVE YOUR LICENSE AND KEYS, SO DON'T START YOUR CAR AND TRY TO RUN OFF!
me- ok, i'll be sitting here til you're done

30 minutes later

cop1 returns with 2 other buddies. tells me that my other buddies behind me told him the same story about me losing my key fobs all the time and they called me fonzarelli. tells me it was too bad i was so far up here by myself because i missed out on all the fun they were having in the back with the other guys. explains to me why we were all stopped, (someone reported two cars racing between 90-100mph) and since we were all moving at about the same rate when the first cop tagged the first 2 cars going about that speed, we were all considered a group so we all got pulled over. after this long talk about the law, the original cop hands me back my house keys and says the ticketing officer will give me back my license here shortly.

me- not yet
cop2- dang so none of you all are gonna admit to racing to me?
me- i can't speak for what everyone else told you, only what i am telling you.
cop2- (pretends to be writing me a ticket)
cop3- (walks to the rear of my car and spotlights my hatch area) IS THAT NITROUS BACK THERE???
me- (thinking dammit i knew that was gonna happen) yes sir those are nitrous bottles, but they're empty
cop2- was it because you were racing?
me- (laughs)...(serious face) no!
cop2- hands me back my license and says have a nice night and to enjoy our evening elsewhere but not on this particular stretch of road.
me- thanks (pushes start button, car starts)
cop1- whips back around and smiles at me

i don't have all of it on video as when they cops runs up to me i take the camera off the car and turn it off.
Damn, man!!! That is too cool! I would have been shittin a brick. You played it so cool..
As for the race, good runs! Nothing quite like a Vette in my opinion. They always seem to run hard.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: weekend fun in my vette