Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

CTS-V vs '14 GT500 vs cammed ls3 c6 + cops (digs & rolls)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by dev1360
"About 126" means anything from 125 to 128. I don't know what vettes you're seeing that are going over 128 with stock intake, full weight with stock wheels.
Well if you're talking stock wheels/tires then maybe yea. The last cammed ls3 vetteI ran the guy said he trapped 131. Now I don't know what wheels/tires he had but the rears were probably not stock.
Originally Posted by snake95
HiO, a cammed LS3 should be good for 140mph traps. LS1's when cammed should be about 128-131ish.
They should do better than most do. If notch's car went 116 then I would expect a full bolt-on cammed ls1 to go about 10mph faster pretty easily. If my car goes 131 then a cammed ls3 should go faster.......am I not right?
Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Yeah.. that Vette should be a 8 second car.... right?

The only way in hell my GT500 could have kept up with a supercharged Vette is if it was underperforming I assume... Neither car was fast....

I could only imagine the excuses if we had a clean run and I walked him.
If that vette was right he wouldn't even know you were there. From the vid you posted of your 60-140 run you wouldn't pull me, actually according to that vid I would've pulled you pretty good.

Now does anyone here think a proper blown, cammed ls2 should not pull me??? I think it should.
That poor GT500 you have used in numerous videos as your scapegoat. It runs slow. There are much faster stock examples out there. Hell, the first thing he should have done when he drove it off the lot was throw some drag radials on it. Maybe he can't afford the payment + tires?
Since he ran a 11.7 @ 125 I would say he was doin pretty good. You should be looking up to him.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by audacious nick
Hell no. It's people like you who spread misinformation on the Internet, causing other dumbasses to take your word for truth, then wonder why it didn't work in reality.
Internet mechanics ftl
lmao, sure thing bud. whatever makes it so you can sleep at night. must feel good to get that off your chest huh? blah blah blah
Old 02-13-2014, 11:47 AM
10 Second Club

38rwhp more than the slow GT500 in the videos. And that was at 15psi. I ended up with 690rwhp @18psi.

And yes.. @635rwhp A stock Z06 would not have stood a chance.

I have a VERY good concept of weight differences. LS3 C6's do not put down 480-500rwhp.. maybe head/cam. Nowhere near that stock.

At my 690rwhp level, a h/c/i Z06 would have had it's feelings hurt.
LMFAO.......You were gonna struggle with me. A h/c c6Z would thrash you if it right. Not even a good run unless you like to watch vette's driving away. This theory will be backed up when I install my full bolt-on ls7 with real #'s.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Well if you're talking stock wheels/tires then maybe yea. The last cammed ls3 vetteI ran the guy said he trapped 131. Now I don't know what wheels/tires he had but the rears were probably not stock.

They should do better than most do. If notch's car went 116 then I would expect a full bolt-on cammed ls1 to go about 10mph faster pretty easily. If my car goes 131 then a cammed ls3 should go faster.......am I not right?

If that vette was right he wouldn't even know you were there. From the vid you posted of your 60-140 run you wouldn't pull me, actually according to that vid I would've pulled you pretty good.

Now does anyone here think a proper blown, cammed ls2 should not pull me??? I think it should.

Since he ran a 11.7 @ 125 I would say he was doin pretty good. You should be looking up to him.
Easy for you to say you would have pulled me now that the car is gone. Prove it and post a speedo vid.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:50 AM
11 Second Club

LMFAO.......You were gonna struggle with me. A h/c c6Z would thrash you if it right. Not even a good run unless you like to watch vette's driving away. This theory will be backed up when I install my full bolt-on ls7 with real #'s.
Sigh.. again. I sort of wish I had not gotten rid of the car. Because of your roll race statement above, I would have been more than willing to throw $1000 on the race.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:51 AM
10 Second Club

I may even drop a Coyote in an Fbody just to irritate Hio.
Not sure if it would even fit.
Don't put it in a Camaro. With that much Ugly around the motor, it may seize up.
This coming from a guy who thinks the fox is the best looking car ever means nothing.
lol! Imagine the hate on here if I did that though. Honestly though, I will probably go the junkyard 5.3 route. $600.00, keep bottom end stock.. play around with a turbo setup.. and have another 5.3 on an engine stand building up waiting for the stock one to blow.
So far a stock bottom 5.3 seems to have the advantage in that comparison.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't put it in a Camaro. With that much Ugly around the motor, it may seize up.
So much catfish
lol! Imagine the hate on here if I did that though. Honestly though, I will probably go the junkyard 5.3 route. $600.00, keep bottom end stock.. play around with a turbo setup.. and have another 5.3 on an engine stand building up waiting for the stock one to blow.
5.3 route!

I'd personally like to do a forged stock cube 5.3
Old 02-13-2014, 12:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
So much catfish

5.3 route!

I'd personally like to do a forged stock cube 5.3
They are definitely a stout motor... and on the cheap to find.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

They are definitely a stout motor... and on the cheap to find.
I'm also amazed how cheap some 4l80s are going for
Old 02-13-2014, 12:16 PM
11 Second Club

I'm also amazed how cheap some 4l80s are going for

Still debating whether to go 4l60, or 80 or another route. It will definitely have an auto in it either way. Goal weight is 2700-2800lbs.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

This coming from a guy who thinks the fox is the best looking car ever means nothing.

Please find the quote where I've stated that they're the best looking cars ever

See, this is why you look like such an idiot on here most of the time. If you're not pulling biased BS out of your *** and calling it a "fact", you're trying to put words in people's mouths. Don't lose sleep tonight because I think 98-02 Catfish are FUGLY.

I know plenty of people who hate foxes, and I've somehow managed to not have a nervous breakdown accompanied by therapy It's called understanding different tastes, I may not like how Catfishmaros look, but if someone else does then more power to them. Different tastes = what makes the world go round.

You own a car that you dog on constantly, that is produced by an automaker you dog on constantly, JUST TO SAY you're not biased.

Virginians gonna Virginia.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Take a trip into the Google-sphere and look at what they run. If he went 131, he had milled heads, a bunch of weight out or a tornado tailwind with Jesus Christ himself at the wheel.

The best trap I've ever been able to find was a car on a drag pack that went 130mph at ATCO.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Still debating whether to go 4l60, or 80 or another route. It will definitely have an auto in it either way. Goal weight is 2700-2800lbs.
Th350 would likely be lighter than the 4l60.

I'm willing to add weight for a stout transmission. Throw in a shift kit and a quality converter and let her eat
Old 02-13-2014, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to clarify, I am not a Vette hater... to the contrary. When I was searching for a "quick" vehicle to buy, I had intentions of purchasing a Z06 actually. But decided against it because 2 seats would not be practical for me at that time. So I went with the 500. Still wouldn't mind having a Vette, but other priorities are being taken care of now, and another toy will be had after that. Thinking roller chassis fbody or foxbody with turbo ls or turbo Coyote motor.
"I'm not racist! Some of my best friends are black"
Old 02-13-2014, 12:36 PM
11 Second Club

Take a trip into the Google-sphere and look at what they run. If he went 131, he had milled heads, a bunch of weight out or a tornado tailwind with Jesus Christ himself at the wheel.

The best trap I've ever been able to find was a car on a drag pack that went 130mph at ATCO.
Hio does not think like normal people. Bolt on LS cars go 130+ in his mind.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by T.Man
"I'm not racist! Some of my best friends are black"

Yep
Old 02-13-2014, 12:41 PM
10 Second Club

Easy for you to say you would have pulled me now that the car is gone. Prove it and post a speedo vid.
Here's a 40-45 to the limiter in 4th pull. Calculater says I should do 137 in 4th. Chase car had been 123. My car was in full street trim there....18's and all my junk in it.

It woulda been all you wanted.
Sigh.. again. I sort of wish I had not gotten rid of the car. Because of your roll race statement above, I would have been more than willing to throw $1000 on the race.
I wish you hadn't either
Please find the quote where I've stated that they're the best looking cars ever

See, this is why you look like such an idiot on here most of the time. If you're not pulling biased BS out of your *** and calling it a "fact", you're trying to put words in people's mouths. Don't lose sleep tonight because I think 98-02 Catfish are FUGLY.

I know plenty of people who hate foxes, and I've somehow managed to not have a nervous breakdown accompanied by therapy It's called understanding different tastes, I may not like how Catfishmaros look, but if someone else does then more power to them. Different tastes = what makes the world go round.

You own a car that you dog on constantly, that is produced by an automaker you dog on constantly, JUST TO SAY you're not biased.

Virginians gonna Virginia.
I think foxes are good looking......I think catfish are to.

I don't need to go to google. I have no problem admitting a ls3 with a cam should out perform my bolt-on ls6. Or atleast it would in my car.

The guy I ran said his run was at cecil I think. I don't know the details on his car other than cam only.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:44 PM
11 Second Club

Here's a 40-45 to the limiter in 4th pull. Calculater says I should do 137 in 4th. Chase car had been 123.

HiHo vs Honda - YouTube

It woulda been all you wanted.

I wish you hadn't either

I think foxes are good looking......I think catfish are to.

I don't need to go to google. I have no problem admitting a ls3 with a cam should out perform my bolt-on ls6. Or atleast it would in my car.

The guy I ran said his run was at cecil I think. I don't know the details on his car other than cam only.

I don't want to see a behind you race. I want to see you go out the next posible chance you get( without throwing nitrous on it), and take a video of a 60-140 pull and post it. I'll wait.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Th350 would likely be lighter than the 4l60.
Where did you get this info?
Old 02-13-2014, 12:46 PM
11 Second Club

btw, both your cars look clean as hell. Not taking that away from you. You 430ish rwhp would not be anywhere near enough to take out my heavier 690rwhp from a roll.

Quick Reply: CTS-V vs '14 GT500 vs cammed ls3 c6 + cops (digs & rolls)