Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Tune only Cobalt SS Turbo vs 5.0 Mustang with exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 05:04 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
I can't remember between SRZ and hugger who had the Cobalt and said from a roll they're shockingly quick.

More videos of 5.0s losing, please! We need to convince ourselves they are slow, for the sake of our sanity and pride!
That would be hugger and yes they are quick cars from a roll.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:07 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Who the **** is Tyler?

Glad to hear you grew a pair.
TMan, trust me I give Jay **** about going e85 errrtime I see him
Old 02-20-2014, 07:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Kinda looked like the C/S Mustang was kinda playing around. Maybe it wasn't, but it seemed to pull away and "get caught" and pull away again. The Cobalt SS Turbo is still a neat exercise in futility and was, for the money, the hands down best in its class. Of course, it wasn't the best, but the 2 better were some $10,000 more expensive... and AWD, which kinda changes the class anyway.

I don't know why anyone is knuckle-headed enough to think the Mustang guys are upset about the results. It was clearly the more capable car the instant it was built. Plus, it's not like anyone other than the owner needs to care because it was whatever it was. We don't know that it was driven well. We don't know that it wasn't. We don't know if it was a roll race(of course it was) or the mph started. We don't know the speeds reached... This "race" was a typical street race and in the end, we saw tail lights of a Mustang... Who won?

Well, it's not easy to argue that Supras aren't gay once you've said so... After all, if anyone here knows what gay is, I'm fairly sure it's you. I just hope your "friends" aren't afraid of you because of your S/N...

you're the expert on all things gay, brough?
Old 02-20-2014, 10:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
Funny thing about small SUVs that are FWD w/AWD option is they drive exactly the same as a FWD. Our Terrain Denali was a huge disappointment to me because of this. Had 4 brand new Blizzaks installed, and first snow fall, accelerate from a stop and the front tires spin and rears then engage. I was like WTF! So when you have a FWD based AWD, it's just like driving FWD which I detest. Our X3 was exactly the opposite. Front tires got more power when rears started spinning (The X-drive wouldn't even allow a full rotation where the Terrain would allow even more than that). I should have done more homework on the tendacies of a FWD based AWD. Either way the Terrain was a lemon and we are finally rid of it. Just an FYI for your next SUV purchase. If you want a good handling, nice driving AWD, make sure the 2WD model powers the rear wheels!
While I didn't notice that in the Escape, I didn't drive it in foul weather aside from a little rain. Of course, "a little rain" in Florida is like a downpour in most other places. Alas, I skipped on it because the model itself was lacking much of what I eventually got, like the engine and moon roof, etc.

My Explorer was RWD based and it took no time for the fronts to get power if spin was detected. It also rode notably quieter than this smaller car based model. I think that's all about a frame and decent overall size.

I looked into the x-drive... I truly had most interest in the 335i or 328d x-drive, but just wasn't gonna spend 55k + for it, even though I felt that being a BMW, I couldn't expect a better price. The x line really didn't occur to me, as I expected those would start around 47k and just... nah. I really think the next purchase will be a 4X4 as I miss my pickup and driving the F-350 just isn't the same as a 1/2 ton. Lariat is quite nice, but I want 4 wheels instead of 6, not to mention decent fuel economy.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by big hammer
you're the expert on all things gay, brough?
Dang... You went from emphatically knowing gay to asking someone who can't tell... No interest here, thanks anyway.

Btw, what's a "brough?" ???
Old 02-20-2014, 10:30 AM
10 Second Club

Dang... You went from emphatically knowing gay to asking someone who can't tell... No interest here, thanks anyway.

Btw, what's a "brough?" ???
stop being pedantic and focus on analogous topics at hand. brough.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:40 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny as **** how within the same sentences word like "gay" and "brough" exists but then at the same time, words such as "emphatically", "pedantic" and "analogous" are also used.

Good stuff...
Old 02-20-2014, 11:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

One of many reasons to love this place.....^
Old 02-20-2014, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

stop being pedantic and focus on analogous topics at hand. brough.
Seems as though, yet again, you've tried to make the topic.... "gay" and I was merely stating that you'd be the one to know... I suppose now that you've made certain to talk a bit about what's gay, you're ready to move back toward the topic so as to not make sure everyone knows your "position" on the matter... okay then. I don't usually associate with "gay" in the 1st place, so carry one with all your knowledge and your dreams of having a big hammer...

Oh wait... You meant that you took me seriously when I asked what your slang means... Gotcha... Pssst... you're in over your head here.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cobalt > 5.ho
Old 02-20-2014, 12:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

LNF>5.0>LS1
Old 02-20-2014, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke
Cobalt > 5.ho
You never seem to grow tired of adding meaningless nonsense...

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
LNF>5.0>LS1
Are you giving him more reason to think he's clever, or just thinking you are???
Old 02-20-2014, 02:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
LNF>5.0>LS1
You never seem to grow tired of adding meaningless nonsense...

Are you giving him more reason to think he's clever, or just thinking you are???
hahaha Cheers gents!
Old 02-20-2014, 03:57 PM
10 Second Club

Seems as though, yet again, you've tried to make the topic.... "gay" and I was merely stating that you'd be the one to know... I suppose now that you've made certain to talk a bit about what's gay, you're ready to move back toward the topic so as to not make sure everyone knows your "position" on the matter... okay then. I don't usually associate with "gay" in the 1st place, so carry one with all your knowledge and your dreams of having a big hammer...

Oh wait... You meant that you took me seriously when I asked what your slang means... Gotcha... Pssst... you're in over your head here.

you seem perplexed and obtuse to the fact that it is of my opinion that supras are an automobile for homosexuals and your incoherent ramblings on the topic are of no tangible value to me of all.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

you seem perplexed and obtuse to the fact that it is of my opinion that supras are an automobile for homosexuals and your incoherent ramblings on the topic are of no tangible value to me of all.
I don't give you enough merit on the matter... to matter. You've never owned one and I doubt you've even been allowed to drive one, so your opinion means nothing here. The idea itself is indeed perplexing... How is it that someone who's never been allowed to sit in such a pricey car is going to give a real and believable opinion as to its value, even if he is gay and calls it gay... Yup, perplexing.

By the way... The elementary school called. It wants its dictionary back... Then you can stop your sudden oddball attempt at being pedantic.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:36 PM
10 Second Club

I don't give you enough merit on the matter... to matter. You've never owned one and I doubt you've even been allowed to drive one, so your opinion means nothing here. The idea itself is indeed perplexing... How is it that someone who's never been allowed to sit in such a pricey car is going to give a real and believable opinion as to its value, even if he is gay and calls it gay... Yup, perplexing.

By the way... The elementary school called. It wants its dictionary back... Then you can stop your sudden oddball attempt at being pedantic.

you take yourself much more seriously than everyone else does.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:40 PM
TECH Addict

If you had any idea how much laughter I get from this place... You'd crap yoursel... wait... You'd ... you'd do something you don't normally do!
Old 02-20-2014, 07:42 PM
10 Second Club

If you had any idea how much laughter I get from this place... You'd crap yoursel... wait... You'd ... you'd do something you don't normally do!
just keep postulating your conjecture. it's entertaining.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

My head hurts.

And I like tacos.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

On a side note... I did look at a 2008 solstice gxp black on black just like my 07 the other day. 14k miles 15,500. My lady told me to get it, but I think id rather have a vette now?

Quick Reply: Tune only Cobalt SS Turbo vs 5.0 Mustang with exhaust