Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Last Friday night shenanigans

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 06:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Last Friday night shenanigans

I went to a few car meets this weekend that past, and on friday, there was some runs with people I know.

I ran a gsxr600 with power commander as only mod, from a 60-65ish roll. He pointed me to the lane next to him, and when I got there, he downshifted so I knew what was up by that point. I downshifted and saw he was waiting on me so I took off. He hit it around same time I hit it, and we stood side by side but by 4th I had a slow pull on him until we ran into traffic. My guess here is he wasn't in the right gear. IMO, there's no way I should pull a 600.

The other run which was far more hilarious to me was my two good friends lining up. They are brothers (non-identical twins), and they had been trash talking each other for WEEKS (maybe even MONTHS). 1 drives an LT1 Impala SS with intake and straight pipes. The other drives a completely stock Focus SE. LOL Anyway, they went from 40 roll, and the Impala jumped about half a car off the gate, but got reeled in by the Focus until the Focus had to let off because of traffic, with the Focus ahead by half a car or so. They continued to argue about it even afterwards, with the LT1 owner refusing to admit he got pulled.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:58 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

I'd burn that impala to the ground for losing to a stock focus. Lol
Old 03-26-2014, 09:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm a focus st yes, but not a normal focus.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice way to surprise that 600. I'm sure he wasn't in the ideal gear either probably thought he'd be able to pull on you in his midrange. Nope.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by metalmilitia606
Hmmm a focus st yes, but not a normal focus.
A normal *** Focus SE 4 cyl. 160hp, 3000lbs vs 260hp 4000lbs. It caught me off guard, but I expected a close race, since both trap about 91mph. I'd expect a Focus ST to rape an LT1 Impala.

Originally Posted by islander033
I'd burn that impala to the ground for losing to a stock focus. Lol
ROFLMAO I'm trying to convince him to get something that's quick or do an LSx swap.
You can hear him hit the gas. You can see the half car lead, and then you can see the focus pull em top end before the focus has to let off and hit the brakes to move over.

They didn't race a second time. Excuse my commentary, but I was hilariously amazed.

Originally Posted by MN_V
Nice way to surprise that 600. I'm sure he wasn't in the ideal gear either probably thought he'd be able to pull on you in his midrange. Nope.
I think the same thing. I'm going to try to get another race since when we pulled in the gas station, the first thing he hit me with was 'i almost had you' and when we were all splitting up, he said 'we gotta do it again'. So I'll try to catch it on vid, win or lose.

Quick Reply: Last Friday night shenanigans