Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

MY 00 SS vs new C7 (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 08:51 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
I see you don't get it.

one could even be pedantic with the point of "if you read it on the internet, it doesn't count" then this entire conversation never happened.

and to snake, vagina doesn't exist!
LOL, you just proved that you didn't understand me.
You said something along the lines about me not knowing about cars, but you really know almost nothing. You spend a plethora of time on the Internet trolling and reading. Is your car even modified past 400rwhp? Or are you too busy spending your money on your warrior keyboard?
Old 04-15-2014, 08:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 171 Likes on 120 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by audacious nick
LOL, you just proved that you didn't understand me.
You said something along the lines about me not knowing about cars, but you really know almost nothing. You spend a plethora of time on the Internet trolling and reading. Is your car even modified past 400rwhp? Or are you too busy spending your money on your warrior keyboard?
why do you car about money so much?

and you were talking like all c7's trap near 120 mph like it just happens all the time, yet a bolt on fbody doing it requires the stars to align. that there shows your ignorance.

and yes I enjoy reading on the internet. I prefer to educate myself on topics that interest me rather than just watching tv in my spare time. to each his own.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:14 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

why do you car about money so much?

and you were talking like all c7's trap near 120 mph like it just happens all the time, yet a bolt on fbody doing it requires the stars to align. that there shows your ignorance.

and yes I enjoy reading on the internet. I prefer to educate myself on topics that interest me rather than just watching tv in my spare time. to each his own.
I mentioned money because that's what it takes to add power. And the fact that you don't want to talk about it proves my point that you don't have the money to modify your car, so you talk **** on the Internet.

Also, please show me where I said all C7s run near 120. You might be shocked to find that I posted a range from 116-120, which prompted the butthurt LS1 dickriders to try to use the unicorns of the ls1 world, because the ls1 is godly.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:18 AM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

I mentioned money because that's what it takes to add power. And the fact that you don't want to talk about it proves my point that you don't have the money to modify your car, so you talk **** on the Internet.

Also, please show me where I said all C7s run near 120. You might be shocked to find that I posted a range from 116-120, which prompted the butthurt LS1 dickriders to try to use the unicorns of the ls1 world, because the ls1 is godly.
my cars are in the state they are because that's where I want them to be.

and a pile of bolt on ls1's have ran 116+ mph. check for yourself. just because you can't get a car to perform well doesn't mean others can's.

like I said. there have been mag tests of c7's running 113 mph. so there's your range. 113-120 mph depending on conditions. like bolt on ls1's.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

that was with the stock manifolds, buddy brass!
Just bustin' *****, I don't think headers alone will pick up 6-8mph despite the optimism from the GM lovers...maybe with your other weight reduction/rotating mass mods.

You're gonna **** around and have your LT1 be faster than your LS1!
Old 04-15-2014, 09:37 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

Your cars are where they are because you can't afford them to be anywhere else. Is a single one making above 400rwhp? You never answered that. Hell, can you even afford a LS1? Or are you stuck with your LT1 and your keyboard?

Show me this, "pile" of 116 ls1 cars. And show me everything done to them. Out of the thousands of bolt-on ls1, there are a handful running 116 with low DA and a ****-ton of mods to get it to run that. Your average bolt-on ls1 is trapping closer to 110.

In the end, you're just a troll who doesn't even have the ability to mod his car. Poor kid.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Local guy here got his Bolton f body to trap 116. Oh wait, he got busted for having a 228r cam in it later on that year, lols

Fast combo
Every Bolton imaginable minus electric wp
Magnum t56
4:30 rear gears
28" full slick
Gutted inside no ps/ac/heat etc
Bigs and littles.
3,2xxx #

But were racing at 3,000 plus D/A
Old 04-15-2014, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

This website is so fucked in the head.

This thread is the cherry on top of all these insane catfish drivers thinking they drive supercars.

Last edited by 2003Cobro; 04-15-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2003Cobro
This website is so fucked in the head.

Its the cherry on top of all these insane catfish drivers thinking they drive supercars.
Some are, and some of us just Beat up on SuperCars...

There are slow POS off the factory line and Factory Freaks, add crappy drivers and people who think because they drive XXX they are the fastest thing on the road, you can beat anyone on any giving day.

BTW OP Nice Run!!!
Old 04-15-2014, 02:28 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Your cars are where they are because you can't afford them to be anywhere else. Is a single one making above 400rwhp? You never answered that. Hell, can you even afford a LS1? Or are you stuck with your LT1 and your keyboard?

Show me this, "pile" of 116 ls1 cars. And show me everything done to them. Out of the thousands of bolt-on ls1, there are a handful running 116 with low DA and a ****-ton of mods to get it to run that. Your average bolt-on ls1 is trapping closer to 110.

In the end, you're just a troll who doesn't even have the ability to mod his car. Poor kid.
link?
Old 04-15-2014, 02:29 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by snake95
Just bustin' *****, I don't think headers alone will pick up 6-8mph despite the optimism from the GM lovers...maybe with your other weight reduction/rotating mass mods.

You're gonna **** around and have your LT1 be faster than your LS1!
it picked up 4-5 mph pretty easily.

we're going to line them up on sunday, weather permitting. was going to last weekend but it snowed
Old 04-15-2014, 03:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4pointslow, when you do a cam swap down the road...I wouldn't be surprised if the cam in there right now was an LS6 cam that someone swapped in there. Seen it happen a lot before.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1rob00
4pointslow, when you do a cam swap down the road...I wouldn't be surprised if the cam in there right now was an LS6 cam that someone swapped in there. Seen it happen a lot before.
Bingo!!! You nailed it, man.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:10 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

not impossible. ive read where guys picked up 3 mph with an ls6 cam, untuned.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Bingo!!! You nailed it, man.
not impossible. ive read where guys picked up 3 mph with an ls6 cam, untuned.
I'm glad you guys understand where I'm coming from. Not trying to be a hater at all, just posting from experience.

Guy on my local forum trapped 113mph with bolt-on's in his auto Z28 (stock stall), which we all thought was kind of high. He got a stall, tune, a little more work and weight pulled and went back and did 11.6 @ 116mph. I was in disbelief, but it turned out the previous owner had put an LS6 cam in the car. The time was still great for the mods, car being a base Z28 was very light though.

Another guy on here in the Drag Racing section did 114mph in his bolt-on M6 T/A, and the slip didn't seem to make sense. He ended up swapping the cam later on and the car had an LS6 cam in it.

You'd be surprised how many people put LS6 cams in their cars and just don't tell anyone. I'm not saying 4pointslow did this but possibly the previous owner. If not, more power to him. Z28's are pretty light out of the box, when you pull some more weight they're very light. I did 114mph in my bolt-on M6 WS6 about a year ago in positive DA, this was without a UDP and stock LS6 intake. Less gear and I think it would have gone 115mph easy. It's not impossible for these cars to go fast with bolt-on's, just has to be the right setup and a good driver.

/end rant lol.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:59 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

link?
Yes, please link me to your "pile" of 116 trap LS1. Then we shall see what that number is, compared to the thousands of bolt-on cars.

And way to avoid my question again, keyboard warrior. Where's your 400rwhp+?

Sucks being poor and trolling, because then you get called out and can't do anything but avoid and troll more.

Got 'Em
Old 04-16-2014, 03:34 AM
Teching In

I'm glad you guys understand where I'm coming from. Not trying to be a hater at all, just posting from experience.

Guy on my local forum trapped 113mph with bolt-on's in his auto Z28 (stock stall), which we all thought was kind of high. He got a stall, tune, a little more work and weight pulled and went back and did 11.6 @ 116mph. I was in disbelief, but it turned out the previous owner had put an LS6 cam in the car. The time was still great for the mods, car being a base Z28 was very light though.

Another guy on here in the Drag Racing section did 114mph in his bolt-on M6 T/A, and the slip didn't seem to make sense. He ended up swapping the cam later on and the car had an LS6 cam in it.

You'd be surprised how many people put LS6 cams in their cars and just don't tell anyone. I'm not saying 4pointslow did this but possibly the previous owner. If not, more power to him. Z28's are pretty light out of the box, when you pull some more weight they're very light. I did 114mph in my bolt-on M6 WS6 about a year ago in positive DA, this was without a UDP and stock LS6 intake. Less gear and I think it would have gone 115mph easy. It's not impossible for these cars to go fast with bolt-on's, just has to be the right setup and a good driver.

/end rant lol.
Here's my dyno. Before and after tune. If it had an LS6 I think the torque would be lower and/or the power plateau and not taper off so early. I make peak power at 5300 then it tapers off pretty good past that. The lines are squigly because I wanted the x axis in rpm not mph.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:18 AM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Yes, please link me to your "pile" of 116 trap LS1. Then we shall see what that number is, compared to the thousands of bolt-on cars.

And way to avoid my question again, keyboard warrior. Where's your 400rwhp+?

Sucks being poor and trolling, because then you get called out and can't do anything but avoid and troll more.

Got 'Em
https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...1-77-bump.html

inb4 "that's not a pile lol" like it somehow negates the facts.

and I bet $1000 that I have more money than you do.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:21 AM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by 4PointSlow
Here's my dyno. Before and after tune. If it had an LS6 I think the torque would be lower and/or the power plateau and not taper off so early. I make peak power at 5300 then it tapers off pretty good past that. The lines are squigly because I wanted the x axis in rpm not mph.

that looks like an ls1 cam hp curve to me.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I went 114 mph with bolt ons,stock wheels,jack and spare,no fast,no Ewp and horrible exhaust. But at a fast track. In good air. Your average c7 will beat your average bolt on ls1 fbody. Most guys with very fast bolt on cars are light,leave out mods and run in unreal conditions. Most of the ones the lie do so because they can't afford heads cam or the car being compared too.

Quick Reply: MY 00 SS vs new C7 (vid)