Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GT500, Fenix, 347 Fox, KFC, LSx Monte Carlo, Z06s, N20 T/A

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 05:05 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tommyboy
i see it as the fox took his car from a 15.xx car to an 11-12 sec car, and the Camaro went from what a 12 sec car stock to a lower 12 sec or high 11 sec car? Hence, i'm more impressed with the fox. Not sure why all the butt hurt. If everyone had ls's it would be pretty boring. Guess what....not everyone wants to run an ls motor in their car....i know its pretty difficult and hard to understand for most of you, sorry to hit you with that truth.
Holy ****, I have a new hero. Thank you sir for not being a judgemental fanboi
Old 06-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
Holy ****, I have a new hero. Thank you sir for not being a judgemental fanboi
Admit it, man. HIO will ALWAYS be your hero and no one can replace him.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
Not quite If posting a response to correct ignorant ***** such as Exhibit A (below), then you got me pegged, dude!

I said 400 because, like every motor, there's mild to wild. A mild 347 should be making at least 400. Stopsign made 456 with a 331 (uh oh, that's less cubes than you and more power, AKA story of GM's life), keep posting and proving your ignorance about Ford anything. I would've thought after you were made an *** of the last 2...3...4 times you tried talking about Fords with some certainty, that you'd give it up for good.

Yes, little Dougie, you get your *** handed to you pretty much daily. Not always by the same person, but usually it's one poster within a list of 3 or 4. I feel ashamed for a few minutes after I do it but then that goes away when I see you post more about Ford vehicles you're clueless about
lol at you handing anyone there ***....must less mine. Point made as you keep throwing out other peoples builds besides your own. The next point made that NONE of them used furd parts to make power. If I remember correctly stoppy changed his cam in that motor to a more streetable one. Now my engine is still on the stock cam and withing 25hp of his to radical cammed motor.......hhhmmm

Another point made that my furd is nicer, cooler and faster than yours.....that one has to hurt.
Originally Posted by big hammer
lol @ comparing a built top to bottom engine to an internally stock one.
It's the only way they can compete.
It's not really a comparison. I'd take a 347 SBF with the right parts over any hacked up f-bomb with a 346 (that still uses aftermarket parts but the owner talks about it like it doesn't )

In typical General fashion, you need that cubes advantage to sleep at night. There, there.
LOL some more. Furd guys still whining about cubes. Not our fault your engines are to weak to keep up. Just like it isn't our fault you pecker comes up 3 inches to short. Go cry to furd.

03turbo bought a carbed 347 car. Race car really, cage, no heat, tube k, race brakes, stalled auto......blah blah blah. Now he he likes it and that is all that matters. But it's not as fast as my smaller engined car.
Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Come on now Hio, I think you would know what Pro Comp 190 SBF heads are. Out-of-the-box, 190cc runners and max flow around 220cfm. About equal-to or not even as good as stock 241/853 LS1 heads. As far as aftermarket SBF heads goes, they suck. For a light 5.0 stroker build with those Comp 190 heads, 352whp ain't too shabby. Not all built, stroked, aftermarket headed 5.0s are the same, like you like to come off acting like they are. What we have here seems to be a stroked 347ci 5.0 on par with a light bolt-on 346ci LS1. Looks like not a bad running convertible Fox for what it has and makes. Not sure why you can’t see things for what they are and always have to knock these Fords all the time.

It's guys like you who know that not all stroker builds are the same and don't over exaggerate all the time just to knock the "other" brand.
The heads on the stang are aftermarket and better than stock right? The heads on the camaro are stock.

"What we have here seems to be a stroked 347ci 5.0 on par with a light bolt-on 346ci LS1" which is basically what I said that offended the furd crew. Except it's not "on par" face it. It was getting pulled and the camaro had a passenger. When they swapped the passenger it got pulled real good.
The reason that I said I was impressed, was because the build by the vague description given, seemed very mild. The starting point for the car was also worst case scenario, being a vert. Given those two glaring facts, my thought was that it ran well, seeing as KFC's ride is no slouch. I am sorry for sharing my opinion sir Hio.
It don't get much milder than that camaro.....both cars are verts if I am not mistaking. Even if the camaro is not it will more than likely be still be heavier.
Originally Posted by tommyboy
i see it as the fox took his car from a 15.xx car to an 11-12 sec car, and the Camaro went from what a 12 sec car stock to a lower 12 sec or high 11 sec car? Hence, i'm more impressed with the fox. Not sure why all the butt hurt. If everyone had ls's it would be pretty boring. Guess what....not everyone wants to run an ls motor in their car....i know its pretty difficult and hard to understand for most of you, sorry to hit you with that truth.
I agree......the problem I have is none of these ******** jumped on you for calling the fox a 15sec car........lol They would've jumped on me if I said that. I guess the truth sounds better or don't hurt as much coming from you.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Teching In

An "average" driver in a 5 speed fox vert would probably run a high 14 to low 15. Nothing offensive about it. Your derogatory response to EVERYTHING that isn't yours on the other hand...is.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:21 PM
10 Second Club

Not at all......what we have is a double standard towards me. Go get on r6's *** for saying the 347 ran with a mild bolt-on camaro. You guys got on my *** for saying the same thing. If say foxes run a 15 the ****** world comes to a end. Every furd swinger on here mopped up ls1's with a mild bolt-on fox then....lmao fact is most h/c foxes would be lucky to run with a mild bolt-on lt must less a ls car.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

lt1? I thought you mopped up foxes with a stock tpi 305?
Old 06-02-2014, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

When he's wrong, he brings my coupe into it. It sort of like his secret way of saying he taps out. He does it every time he has no response with any substance

HiO owns a car so he can claim he's unbiased lmfao. If that doesn't scream "I need professional help!" then I don't know what does.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
We did. Stock for stock they were good runs but never lost to one. I had a 305 in my monza....factory v8 car and dad had the iroc(still does).
When he's wrong, he brings my coupe into it. It sort of like his secret way of saying he taps out. He does it every time he has no response with any substance

HiO owns a car so he can claim he's unbiased lmfao. If that doesn't scream "I need professional help!" then I don't know what does.
I'm far more unbiased than you are for sure. I give the new 5.0's plenty of credit. You spend more time trying to discredit the gm stuff.

Your coupe is a perfect example of you yakkin about furd and then not running furd heads. Put your money where your mouth is. If the **** is that great then run it........if not then stroke it and stick some aftermarket heads on it. Seems to be the furd creed.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KFC_Or_Bust
Forged stroker motor is certainly more built than a 145k mile LS1 with an LS6 intake and exhaust, sir.
Truth.

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
Let out on the first race when about to be passed. And stole the hit bigger than **** on the 2nd race lol.
LOL idk. He's one of those guys I root for on here, because he talks alot of **** and he's funny... but I can't believe that '425hp' **** no more, seeing how it ran vs the GT500, and other cars. LOL If its 425hp, its like 2500lbs.

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
I have 0 faith in an LT1 with boltons... Thats Toyota Camry V6 territory.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Not at all......what we have is a double standard towards me. Go get on r6's *** for saying the 347 ran with a mild bolt-on camaro. You guys got on my *** for saying the same thing. If say foxes run a 15 the ****** world comes to a end. Every furd swinger on here mopped up ls1's with a mild bolt-on fox then....lmao fact is most h/c foxes would be lucky to run with a mild bolt-on lt must less a ls car.
You're missing the entire point. You knocked my comment because....why? I said I thought it did well, if you'd open your eyes, you'd realize that was a compliment to the LS...yet you somehow twist it around into something else entirely.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:22 PM
10 Second Club

Good runs. I was impressed with the fox.
Your impressed with a built stRoked, aftermarket headed fox furd running with a mild bolt-on conv Z28?....ok.....coool

Good runs!
So, my opinion justifies you being an *******? Check.
-------------------------------------------------------
You're missing the entire point. You knocked my comment because....why? I said I thought it did well, if you'd open your eyes, you'd realize that was a compliment to the LS...yet you somehow twist it around into something else entirely.
You see the comments above. The one in bold is of course mine. So tell me where did what I said deserve being called a *******?

If you were truly wanting to compliment the ls you would've said "Damn it took a 347 stroked, headed, cammed furd to run with that mild bolt-on ls....those things are stout. " But you didn't......you thought that fox ran good.

Now you have twisted what you said into a compliment for the ls.....lmao What a joke.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:30 PM
Teching In

You are special. We're all aware that KFC's car runs strong. Obviously the mustang was built...still with me? K. By saying the mustang did well to keep up with a bolt on LS...what does that say about the LS? Your comment was condescending, AKA, you being an *******. You did it to illicit the exact response that you got. Congrats, you win.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:39 PM
10 Second Club

ok little buddy
Old 06-02-2014, 11:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Admit it, man. HIO will ALWAYS be your hero and no one can replace him.
I hate you...I just threw up in my mouth a bit. Ugh.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

We did. Stock for stock they were good runs but never lost to one. I had a 305 in my monza....factory v8 car and dad had the iroc(still does). I'm far more unbiased than you are for sure. I give the new 5.0's plenty of credit. You spend more time trying to discredit the gm stuff. Your coupe is a perfect example of you yakkin about furd and then not running furd heads. Put your money where your mouth is. If the **** is that great then run it........if not then stroke it and stick some aftermarket heads on it. Seems to be the furd creed.
You've got to be illiterate. I pay compliments to the LS stuff all the time. It's the typical ignorant owners (aka you) that know next to nothing about Ford motors and continuously knock them. 347/331 motors have owners who put the wrong parts on them, more than any other motor I would say. The mindset of keeping tiny induction parts on those motors drives me nuts.

The reason you piped up is because you know that's not a great example of a 347, but by playing stupid you're also able to act like it's the norm so you can put down a Ford yet again. Same old **** from you, different day. Your tactics aren't exactly rocket science

You hold onto that aftermarket **** when in reality it has no practical value at all. You spent more for your Fast than I would spend on AFR185 aluminum heads...probably a cam, also.

There are guys who spent less money on their f-body than you have (I'd be willing to bet but I would never know because there's a 0% chance you'd say how much cash you have in your car) and run 10s, and use the aftermarket. Let that sink in real deep.

Inb4mycarisntsetupfordragracingasidropaford9inchin therear. Lmfao.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

The heads on the stang are aftermarket and better than stock right? The heads on the camaro are stock.

"What we have here seems to be a stroked 347ci 5.0 on par with a light bolt-on 346ci LS1" which is basically what I said that offended the furd crew. Except it's not "on par" face it. It was getting pulled and the camaro had a passenger. When they swapped the passenger it got pulled real good.
I should have said, what we have hear is a weak example of a 347 stroker. But it is what it is and it made for a good race.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:14 PM
10 Second Club

You've got to be illiterate. I pay compliments to the LS stuff all the time. It's the typical ignorant owners (aka you) that know next to nothing about Ford motors and continuously knock them. 347/331 motors have owners who put the wrong parts on them, more than any other motor I would say. The mindset of keeping tiny induction parts on those motors drives me nuts.

The reason you piped up is because you know that's not a great example of a 347, but by playing stupid you're also able to act like it's the norm so you can put down a Ford yet again. Same old **** from you, different day. Your tactics aren't exactly rocket science

You hold onto that aftermarket **** when in reality it has no practical value at all. You spent more for your Fast than I would spend on AFR185 aluminum heads...probably a cam, also.

There are guys who spent less money on their f-body than you have (I'd be willing to bet but I would never know because there's a 0% chance you'd say how much cash you have in your car) and run 10s, and use the aftermarket. Let that sink in real deep.

Inb4mycarisntsetupfordragracingasidropaford9inchin therear. Lmfao.
LOL at it being a weak example. It my be a mild example but it don't get much milder than a mild bolt-on ls1

I have no idea how much money is in my car, I bought it new. So I'm sure someone could buy a $3000-5000 f car and go faster than me for less based on purchase price alone........your point was?????

If I wanted to run my times on a slick I'm sure 10's would not be a problem. But I don't want to. It's not a goal to keep track of what I spend on because I just tinker with it when I have time and usually buy used parts for it. What's it matter to you??

I also give you a example of 03turbo's 347. It went a 11.4 @118....it's in a race car fox with race brakes and a cage. I would consider it a decent example of a 347. It may have some left in it.....I would hope so cause the car probably weighs less than 2800lb.
I should have said, what we have hear is a weak example of a 347 stroker. But it is what it is and it made for a good race.
It is what it is. Fact is if a built furd sbc was so awesome it should not have had a problem with a stock ls1. Most of these guys want to compare **** like that when the fox has a significant weight advantage. The fox no doubt has a weight advantage here to......just not 500+lb to make up for it's lack of motor like they usually do. And it shows.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:23 AM
10 Second Club

It's funny when you up the cubes of a Ferd motor how butt hurt everyone gets (well one person)

He'll argue about aftermarket parts yet his car is motor swapped and rittled with aftermarket ****.... If he was all about stock like he says he is he'd have an LS1 using all stock parts...... Everyone sees through your bullshit Doug, your car is fast but for obvious reasons
Old 06-05-2014, 07:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

What's dumb is when a 5.0 SBF has a 347ci kit and aftermarket heads that are equivalent to stock LS1 heads, some like to act like the Ford should blow an LS1 out of the water just because it's a stroker. Then act like the Ford is a complete disappointment when it doesn't just for an excuse to downgrade Ford. One that's built on the mild side and only makes 400-420 flywheel hp doesn't make it a big POS because it can run with bolt-on LS1's. It actually make complete sense, stock 5.0 SBF=215hp, stock LS1=345hp. Something has to be done to the Ford to catch up.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:00 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lawhead
It's funny when you up the cubes of a Ferd motor how butt hurt everyone gets (well one person)

He'll argue about aftermarket parts yet his car is motor swapped and rittled with aftermarket ****.... If he was all about stock like he says he is he'd have an LS1 using all stock parts...... Everyone sees through your bullshit Doug, your car is fast but for obvious reasons
The only aftermarket **** on my car is **** that gm don't make. Hell on my old 406 I had gm roller rockers. I would have those on this engine if they make them. GM don't make headers, ewp or udp.

You know what I'm talking about when I say this. MAJOR engine components. But yet you continue to run your stupid mouth.

No one is butt hurt about the upped cubes on the furd......it still got beat by the smaller stock engine.
What's dumb is when a 5.0 SBF has a 347ci kit and aftermarket heads that are equivalent to stock LS1 heads, some like to act like the Ford should blow an LS1 out of the water just because it's a stroker. Then act like the Ford is a complete disappointment when it doesn't just for an excuse to downgrade Ford. One that's built on the mild side and only makes 400-420 flywheel hp doesn't make it a big POS because it can run with bolt-on LS1's. It actually make complete sense, stock 5.0 SBF=215hp, stock LS1=345hp. Something has to be done to the Ford to catch up.
I agree. I personally don't think a 347 furd should run with ls1 unless it's pretty radical or has some advantage in weight.

Quick Reply: GT500, Fenix, 347 Fox, KFC, LSx Monte Carlo, Z06s, N20 T/A