Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GT500, Fenix, 347 Fox, KFC, LSx Monte Carlo, Z06s, N20 T/A

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 11:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

But Bro GM doesn't make an electric watArrrrrrrrr pump!!!
Old 06-06-2014, 10:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
So in other words, you have your own list of acceptable parts that can use the aftermarket...and you apply this list to everybody else's car, too, in order to discredit their car.

You run a ******* Fast intake on your LS6. Don't preach about the roots of hotrodding when you use aftermarket parts for certain components where GM parts are inferior. Aftermarket parts are great. They give us options. Just because someone blew your **** up the first time and you dropped in a Z06 vette motor that already comes with more power than an LS1, doesn't mean everyone else is wrong for using aftermarket parts.

If I drop a new GT500 motor in my coupe, it'd still be OEM Ford parts in my motor but you'll say it's a different type of engine and that it's not fair.

You're just a hypocrite who makes stipulations that your car doesn't even live up to

I know you're not this ignorant. Well, never mind. I keep saying that and you keep proving me wrong.
Sure my car lives up to it. I said MAJOR engine components.

You can't drop a gt500 engine in your coupe after all the crying you do on my replacement engine. How come you don't cry about my fox termi swap?........Cause HYPOCRITE

I don't even think you know what the word means......or you would point it to yourself.
Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Hio you are a comparing a pony car motor designed in the 70s to a Vette motor designed in the 90s. Of course the LS has the advantage. Thanks to the aftermarket the advantage switches to the Ford. If the small block Ford is so bad why does it rule the aftermarket. Hell AFR just came out with new heads for it. Not bad for a motor that stopped production almost 20 years ago in cars.
That just it Mike.......I don't think they are comparable. These guys do. A ls1 flat kicks it's ***. To be honest I don't think they are as good as a old school 350........no stroking needed.

The sbf rules the aftermarket because it need the help to keep up. You see the problem is you have idiots like snake that think they are the best thing ever. I would rather have a n/a modular if that tell you anything.
Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
Everything you changed, GM had on your car when you bought it new. If you had an ls1 block, you would be a h/c/i car.

If you see aftermarket builds in this forum, then you should keep walking. It would cut down on the bullshit.

A lot of ls1 owners here have aftermarket parts. I don't recall you getting on them constantly for running non GM h/c/i.

Modding stock parts is the root of hot rodding. Nothing wrong with that at all. If you want better parts and want to go faster, then the aftermarket has you covered. Nothing wrong with that either.
H/c/i is fine with me.......as long as it's worked on factory heads. No afr's, tfs's or any other aftermarket heads. I could really just care less then and if you pay attention I don't comment on those builds.

The big bolds are where it's at. These youguns like snake/lawass don't really have a clue. If they can't order it out of a catalog they are lost.
Originally Posted by Lawhead
Aftermarket exhaust - GM has exhaust
Aftermarket clutch - GM has a clutch UPGRADE at that
Aftermarket intake - which GM also makes
Aftermarket rear - GM makes but he got smart and went ford rear
Aftermarket tranny components- GM makes trannys too
Aftermarket wheels, Headers, seats, etc etc

Bunch of aftermarket **** for someone who loves OEM stuff

snake hit the nail on the head
Nothing furd in my rear.

Gm don't make headers

Gm don't make a clutch upgrade

I wish it had a gmpp intake cause I think it would make MORE power.

Tranny parts are custom.....not mass produced aftermarket. There is a difference

I ran my gm wheels all winter.
Originally Posted by snake95
But Bro GM doesn't make an electric watArrrrrrrrr pump!!!
That's right.....or I would be running it. Now you're gettin the idea.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

GM does make an upgraded clutch-the LS7. Heavy sucker.

I would take any SBF over a n/a modular...
Old 06-06-2014, 11:40 PM
10 Second Club

It's not a upgraded clutch.....It's a ls7 clutch. Which is a stock clutch. That pile of poo weighs 60+lb.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
How does it stack up? Your built drag car example barely out does my bolt-on ls6 for hp.......You tell me. How does your built drag car 347 stack up?

Hey guys....I have a friends sisters **** buddy mom's brother with a furd that has alot of power......lmao
Sorry you get so upset about this stuff. I'll remember not to use another example of a SBF that would rape a new ******* in your pathetic 11.2 Camaro.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:49 AM
10 Second Club

Yea man, I'm terrible mad.....don't use built drag cars to compare to a bolt-on ls6 dd......It's ******* stupid and show's your incoherent of a proper comparison.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:51 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Hio, what's your top 5 favorite non GM motors?
Old 06-08-2014, 09:10 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sw07gt
Hio, what's your top 5 favorite non GM motors?
coyote/RR engine.....is that 1 or 2 engines? That's 2 I guess.

Mach 1 engine don't run bad for what it is.

6.4 hemi

Ecoboost v6 in the trucks seems to run good and be a good theory. But it seems it's had some issues.

3cyl turbo sprint motor from the 80's. It was made by suzuki for gm and get around 50 mpg. Does it count?

Kubota diesel.....I really like my tractor

5hp briggs.....so versatile

Any suggestions.... I might not be thinking of a few I would like.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ecoboost?????????????????? UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Complete TRASH
Old 06-08-2014, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is like the arguement that the Ford guys were having over in Evans thread knocking ls1 motors for needing mods to keep up with a new 5.0 and Ford guys saying it's funny it takes a stroker or h/c setup to outrun a new 5.0 but since the tables have turned and it took a stroker pusbrod 5.0 to outrun stockish ls1 it's ok and it's expected.. oh well. Good reading
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Ecoboost?????????????????? UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Complete TRASH
If it ain't Cummins it ain't ****. Lol
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Yea man, I'm terrible mad.....don't use built drag cars to compare to a bolt-on ls6 dd......It's ******* stupid and show's your incoherent of a proper comparison.
There was no comparing that car to yours when first brought up. So I'm still sorry it got you so upset.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SCott5
This is like the arguement that the Ford guys were having over in Evans thread knocking ls1 motors for needing mods to keep up with a new 5.0 and Ford guys saying it's funny it takes a stroker or h/c setup to outrun a new 5.0 but since the tables have turned and it took a stroker pusbrod 5.0 to outrun stockish ls1 it's ok and it's expected.. oh well. Good reading
Except that's a lie and I was gonna prove it to them.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:11 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

coyote/RR engine.....is that 1 or 2 engines? That's 2 I guess.

Mach 1 engine don't run bad for what it is.

6.4 hemi

Ecoboost v6 in the trucks seems to run good and be a good theory. But it seems it's had some issues.

3cyl turbo sprint motor from the 80's. It was made by suzuki for gm and get around 50 mpg. Does it count?

Kubota diesel.....I really like my tractor

5hp briggs.....so versatile

Any suggestions.... I might not be thinking of a few I would like.
I knew I always values your opinion for a reason. You do have a reasonable side to you...well sometimes.. LOL
Old 06-08-2014, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

??? What do you mean?
Old 06-08-2014, 04:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Sure my car lives up to it. I said MAJOR engine components. You can't drop a gt500 engine in your coupe after all the crying you do on my replacement engine. How come you don't cry about my fox termi swap?........Cause HYPOCRITE I don't even think you know what the word means......or you would point it to yourself. That just it Mike.......I don't think they are comparable. These guys do. A ls1 flat kicks it's ***. To be honest I don't think they are as good as a old school 350........no stroking needed. The sbf rules the aftermarket because it need the help to keep up. You see the problem is you have idiots like snake that think they are the best thing ever. I would rather have a n/a modular if that tell you anything. H/c/i is fine with me.......as long as it's worked on factory heads. No afr's, tfs's or any other aftermarket heads. I could really just care less then and if you pay attention I don't comment on those builds. The big bolds are where it's at. These youguns like snake/lawass don't really have a clue. If they can't order it out of a catalog they are lost. Nothing furd in my rear. Gm don't make headers Gm don't make a clutch upgrade I wish it had a gmpp intake cause I think it would make MORE power. Tranny parts are custom.....not mass produced aftermarket. There is a difference I ran my gm wheels all winter. That's right.....or I would be running it. Now you're gettin the idea.
How clueless you are is breathtaking. I had to make and retrofit a **** ton of stuff for my coupe. You didn't have any reasonable response to the facts I pointed out about how keeping OEM parts means jack ****...well unless it's a collector car and you want original parts.

As usual, talking about **** you are clueless about.

Quick Reply: GT500, Fenix, 347 Fox, KFC, LSx Monte Carlo, Z06s, N20 T/A