Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ls2 camaro vs 396 lt1 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 09:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls2 camaro vs 396 lt1 camaro

I heard about this kid in detroit that has an lt1 camaro and he is always talking **** about how his car is so fast but he only races for moneyBut the funny thing is the work that he claims is done to his car changes from person to person, I've heard everything from his camaro being a 396 lt1 to it being an awd twin turbo lsx so I get word to him I want to race he says yes but it has to be for $500 I say ok then he ups the bet to $1000 I say ok. Fast forward to the race and its looking like a bad episode of pinks with him talking **** to me then this happens.

my car ls2 cam, headers, gear, stall. His mods unknown claims 396 among other things. Vid music nsfw

Soooo after I beat him he tells people that his car is in the shop getting a sts turbo kit and in 3 weeks he wants to race for $2000 and he sent this pic to be forwarded to me from his facebook.

Now if you look closely you will see the headlights are different and so are the side mirrors, so I do a google image search for white turbo lt1 camaro and found this lmaooooo
http://truestreetcars.com/forums/pro...rbo-build.html

http://www.ls1lt1.com/forum/parts-sa...nals-95-z.html

http://www.turbotransam.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1624

I guess dude is trying to scare me up but how does that help when its time to race and you're lying about the work done to the car.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:33 AM
Launching!

video would be better without the music.

Last edited by 8ty8 LS1; 10-28-2014 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Never understood why people feel the need to make their car out to be something it's not lol
Old 10-28-2014, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 8ty8 LS1
video would be better without the music.
Yea, my plate says zero to one hundred real quick and the song is named catch up. I thought it was funny.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:45 AM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Lots of big tough guys like to try and buy their way out of races. Its pretty annoying.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:42 PM
Staging Lane

Nice kill and nice car. Always fun to put a **** talker in there place. Did you collect the g
Old 10-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Better yet did you call him out about the bogus pics?
Old 10-29-2014, 12:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LMAO trying to lie about how fast your car is only to get your doors blown off!!! I wonder if he used an on calculator to figure out his HP and ET.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 408-99-f
Nice kill and nice car. Always fun to put a **** talker in there place. Did you collect the g
Thanks buddy, he tried to back out of the race all together when I got there but there was a lot of people there to see us race so he just raced me with no money on the line do to the peer pressure.

Originally Posted by ATXSS
Better yet did you call him out about the bogus pics?
I don't do the facebook, tweeter, instagram ect. thing so I can't expose him but people in his circle know he is a fraud, he's just a running joke to us now
Old 10-29-2014, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
LMAO trying to lie about how fast your car is only to get your doors blown off!!! I wonder if he used an on calculator to figure out his HP and ET.
Someone told me he had said it was a tight squeeze stuffing the 396 in his car but the shop made it fit. lol
Old 10-29-2014, 02:26 PM
Teching In

This is gold.. lol I had a 03 RT dakota and beat a camaro that claimed to have an ls1, came to find out it was a v6 car with Auto zone special CAI and cut exhaust lol. the **** people say now days is funny. but nice car and great kill!!!
Old 11-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Launching!

Poor LT1. That was my first muscle car when I was 18 in 99 lol. I like his 2x4 holding up the hood just fix the damn hood shocks. Anyways good kill I'm betting that 396 runs like **** if he can't even replace some cheap hood shocks.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a story similar to this one...

There was this guy around my way that everyone was convinced would be a good run for me. He and I shared a few mutual friends, but one in particular who set it up for the most part. They were saying he had some sort of upgraded type 2 acura. I didn't know wtf it was, but it was an acura so I figured I had this one pretty well covered. He had a few people pretty convinced that his acura was pretty fast. It looked like he had some people convinced not even to run against him.

I took him up on the offer and everyone knew I wouldn't say no. So we got on the highway, and I took a passenger with me (a mutual friend of ours, and my understudy in the wheel game LOL) to record it and be witness.

There's a long story after this, but fast forward a couple weeks, and now he's got a maxima. I think the abuse from the V runs got into his head, along with people talking about how bad he lost... or maybe it was just to impress people... but then he posts this up...

I automatically knew this was instant bullshit. I just knew this wasn't his. So a nice tineye\google image search eventually pulled up

And you can see the watermark he cut off clearly now.

So I hit him up privately...

Eventually he made it into some sort of fake deal like he got conned but got all his money back.

I'll never understand WHY people will feel the need to bullshit what they have or are doing with their cars. Or even their cars in general. I saw a girl on IG post up a yaris steering wheel, and I knew for a fact she had no car at all... meanwhile she was lying to one-up someone else. LOL ****** sadness.

I'll never understand it OP, but good look. Blow his doors off again or just put him on the spot. Liars won't change until then.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

STS would not have a front mount intercooler, reverse TB, or two big turbos under the hood...they are rear mounted.

Bet its not even a 396 LT1 - it's not worth going 396 with boost, weakens block for no reason since a boosted 383 is already 1k rwhp capable. Kid is delusional, keep taking his money.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Puck
STS would not have a front mount intercooler, reverse TB, or two big turbos under the hood...they are rear mounted.

Bet its not even a 396 LT1 - it's not worth going 396 with boost, weakens block for no reason since a boosted 383 is already 1k rwhp capable. Kid is delusional, keep taking his money.
This.

Quick Reply: ls2 camaro vs 396 lt1 camaro