Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

death by benz

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 04:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by OVA1
Good Lord...

Camped out in the whole for days and still pulled a 10.7? That's a high 9second ride. (Can't say I love the sound, but I bet I could learn to love it... )
Not bad for a car that weighs over 4000 lbs. Love to have on but they are still 50 k plus used
Old 12-03-2014, 09:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
Not bad for a car that weighs over 4000 lbs. Love to have on but they are still 50 k plus used
Right!?

They're amazing rides.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Good Lord...

Camped out in the whole for days and still pulled a 10.7? That's a high 9second ride. (Can't say I love the sound, but I bet I could learn to love it... )
Huh? Not sure what you meant by this post. You've been around the track enough that you have to know the time doesn't start until you break the beams. It is still a 10.7 car...
Old 12-04-2014, 11:23 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jay z28
Huh? Not sure what you meant by this post. You've been around the track enough that you have to know the time doesn't start until you break the beams. It is still a 10.7 car...
Gee... that's a great call Jay. Upwards of a couple thousand passes and I still don't know as much as you. But hey, a guy can hope, right?

Guess I made an impulse post without thinkin' it through... and here on the SRK.

How will I get beyond the shame?

In truth, with just about anyone else in the other lane, that would've been a >13 second pass, at 135.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

Gee... that's a great call Jay. Upwards of a couple thousand passes and I still don't know as much as you. But hey, a guy can hope, right?

Guess I made an impulse post without thinkin' it through... and here on the SRK.

How will I get beyond the shame?

In truth, with just about anyone else in the other lane, that would've been a >13 second pass, at 135.
There's no shame. I just wanted to make sure you weren't making a point that I was somehow missing.

No need to go into who has more experience because considering the fact that you have probably been driving for longer than I've been alive, I'll concede that you have more experience at the track than I.

In regards to the last sentence, not everyone goes to the track to beat some random car that gets lined up next to them.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jay z28
There's no shame. I just wanted to make sure you weren't making a point that I was somehow missing.

No need to go into who has more experience because considering the fact that you have probably been driving for longer than I've been alive, I'll concede that you have more experience at the track than I.

In regards to the last sentence, not everyone goes to the track to beat some random car that gets lined up next to them.
True... Jay.

Quick Reply: death by benz