Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mustang vs Camaro on the back bumper

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 09:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oscs
Becuase you can still street race and not be a moron. It's dumb asses that **** it up for everyone else. With that said I don't see anything wrong with this street race. Was the camaro driver kinda stupid? Yeah but they weren't causing anyone else any harm. Sick wheelie.
I get that, yes use some common sense, but I didn't see any traffic etc. He's complaining about a guy getting loose and staying in it with money on the line.

Just about everyone in here has done a freeway pull where they passed a car doing double the speed limit etc.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:32 PM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by oChristiano
I get that, yes use some common sense, but I didn't see any traffic etc. He's complaining about a guy getting loose and staying in it with money on the line. Just about everyone in here has done a freeway pull where they passed a car doing double the speed limit etc.
Yeah I agree. Those guys didn't seem reckless to anyone else besides them selves. In the end that's all that really matters to me.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:35 PM
TECH Resident

And if your going to complain about the T/A putting the guy next to him in danger.. That's just something you have to accept every time you line up with someone. Track street it doesn't matter. Your not any safer at the track from the guy in the next lane loosing it or breaking.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

That T/A is bad ***!
Old 12-16-2014, 06:10 AM
Teching In

so it makes him cool because he had money on the line? or that there was no traffic? A. he crossed the center, which where i come from (street or strip) is a loss. B. was there not people setting in the median watching? you can say whatever you want, i woulda punched the guy in the face. i have no issue what so ever with racing like this. i have issues with people getting retarded and pulling stunts like the one in this video and then all the rednecks come out of the woodwork and praise him for it. and all these comments about me having a slow car, please get in the passenger seat when i go down 516, please. i would love too see you **** your panties.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Arctic
i have issues with people getting retarded and pulling stunts like the one in this video and then all the rednecks come out of the woodwork and praise him for it.
Are you seriously trying to imply that the guy purposely tried to cross the center line? I believe he was trying to win the race. His launch happened to be so badass that he crossed the center line a little bit. Big ******' deal. That situation wasn't even that bad nor dangerous.

Last edited by NateLS1Mustang; 12-16-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:41 PM
TECH Resident

For real...^
Old 12-16-2014, 02:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
Are you seriously trying to imply that the guy purposely tried to cross the center line? I believe he was trying to win the race. His launch happened to be so badass that he crossed the center line a little bit. Big ******' deal. That situation wasn't even that bad nor dangerous.
Damn you're clueless and young aren't you? Let me put this in perspective then: 7 out of 10 times his antics would have resulted in a crash. I'd bet it's a 50/50 whether that crash would have killed a bystander. When you slam your **** down that hard, you ALWAYS bust either your oil pan or trans pan, which oils down your tires. This wasn't just about him blowing his engine just to win: it's about him taking the accepted level of risk and recklessly eclipsing it.

BTW: did he actually make contact with the mustang? looks like he did, and explains why the stang pulled off the road so quickly.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Damn you're clueless and young aren't you? Let me put this in perspective then: 7 out of 10 times his antics would have resulted in a crash. I'd bet it's a 50/50 whether that crash would have killed a bystander. When you slam your **** down that hard, you ALWAYS bust either your oil pan or trans pan, which oils down your tires. This wasn't just about him blowing his engine just to win: it's about him taking the accepted level of risk and recklessly eclipsing it.

BTW: did he actually make contact with the mustang? looks like he did, and explains why the stang pulled off the road so quickly.
K. Lol.

I didn't see anything exponentially dangerous in that particular situation that made me gasp other than the badass launch he had.

I understand that a situation like that can get or could have been much worse. What do you expect when you're on the skreetz?

PS: Are the other guys who thought there wasn't any exponential danger in this situation also clueless & young? Or is it just me only? Lulz.

Last edited by NateLS1Mustang; 12-16-2014 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
K. Lol.

I didn't see anything exponentially dangerous in that particular situation that made me gasp other than the badass launch he had.

I understand that a situation like that can get or could have been much worse. What do you expect when you're on the skreetz?

PS: Are the other guys who thought there wasn't any exponential danger in this situation also clueless & young? Or is it just me only? Lulz.
When you smack down your front end that hard people with common sense cut off the race right then and there. I'm not talking about getting out of it because he was spinning (most of the time you SAVE IT by staying on the gas and steering out of it) but when you slam down hard enough to break steering/suspension/driveline parts you get the hell out of the gas and call it a day.

I mean seriously, I bet he bent the hell out of his steering gear and A arms at a minimum. Probably broke his sway bar end links and blew out his shocks. Staying WOT in a race you know is gonna end at triple digits speeds in that unknown/probably broken condition?!? That's like going into a tuners shop, grabbing a random car off there car lift that "looks" like it is all together and going out and racing it without even a drive around the parking lot to see if it has working brakes or if the steering wheel is actually attached to something.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Birdracing
I think that is a TA.
You're right. My mistake.

No contact. He went in his lane so the race was over then and there.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

People are calling this guy many names but none of that do this can claim extreme intelligence. That's why it's illegal.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

hmmmm. i don't track race this car. dont have a problem with street racing on occasion. folks been racing suicide machines on the streets for decades.

if you stand in the way you get hurt.

there is this pesky loud 2002 SS down the street i see i need to vanqush.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:33 PM
Teching In

When you smack down your front end that hard people with common sense cut off the race right then and there. I'm not talking about getting out of it because he was spinning (most of the time you SAVE IT by staying on the gas and steering out of it) but when you slam down hard enough to break steering/suspension/driveline parts you get the hell out of the gas and call it a day.

I mean seriously, I bet he bent the hell out of his steering gear and A arms at a minimum. Probably broke his sway bar end links and blew out his shocks. Staying WOT in a race you know is gonna end at triple digits speeds in that unknown/probably broken condition?!? That's like going into a tuners shop, grabbing a random car off there car lift that "looks" like it is all together and going out and racing it without even a drive around the parking lot to see if it has working brakes or if the steering wheel is actually attached to something.
thank you
Originally Posted by 5O4racer
You're right. My mistake.

No contact. He went in his lane so the race was over then and there.
glad to hear
Old 12-20-2014, 04:41 PM
Teching In

so it makes him cool because he had money on the line? or that there was no traffic? A. he crossed the center, which where i come from (street or strip) is a loss. B. was there not people setting in the median watching? you can say whatever you want, i woulda punched the guy in the face. i have no issue what so ever with racing like this. i have issues with people getting retarded and pulling stunts like the one in this video and then all the rednecks come out of the woodwork and praise him for it. and all these comments about me having a slow car, please get in the passenger seat when i go down 516, please. i would love too see you **** your panties.
What's been done to the bugeye?
Old 12-20-2014, 05:05 PM
Teching In

I loled so hard...
Old 12-20-2014, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Black Mare
I loled so hard...
Me three lulz.

Quick Reply: Mustang vs Camaro on the back bumper