Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Nissan GTR vs HCI LQ9

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 01:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Nissan GTR vs HCI LQ9

Came across one of these last night which I'm going to assume was stock since I've personally seen one trap 120 mph in the 1/4 mile. Anyways he rolls up to me on the freeway last night but won't roll down his window and I can't see him through the tint. I assume he wants to play so I slow down a bit and drop to 2nd. A few seconds later he takes the hit but since I was ready he only gets maybe a 3/4 car length jump. Basically it was dead nuts after that...he couldn't pull me but I couldn't reel him in. So we go at it one more time but I decided to spray this time. Same basic race (him taking the hit again) but I probably had a good couple cars on him this time by the top of 4th. So I'm guessing it was stock. Does this sound right probably?
Old 05-23-2015, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
Came across one of these last night which I'm going to assume was stock since I've personally seen one trap 120 mph in the 1/4 mile. Anyways he rolls up to me on the freeway last night but won't roll down his window and I can't see him through the tint. I assume he wants to play so I slow down a bit and drop to 2nd. A few seconds later he takes the hit but since I was ready he only gets maybe a 3/4 car length jump. Basically it was dead nuts after that...he couldn't pull me but I couldn't reel him in. So we go at it one more time but I decided to spray this time. Same basic race (him taking the hit again) but I probably had a good couple cars on him this time by the top of 4th. So I'm guessing it was stock. Does this sound right probably?
Seems about right to me assuming he is completely stock.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on the year, I would think. If it was a newer one he was probably stock. If it was a pre-2012 he probably had a boxed tune, maybe exhaust.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Don't know those cars to we'll so i dont know the year but it wasn't loud at all so I was just taking a guess on it being stock
Old 05-23-2015, 04:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good kill! I ran a 2014 gtr at milan today. He was stock with a 1000 miles. I went 11.24@ 122 to his 11.28@ 119. We raced twice with me winning both times.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds about right. If he didnt take the hit I think you might've put a half car or so on him in the first run. You have a similarly powered, but much lighter car. Plus the 4.10s.... Being that it's a roll race he loses the AWD advantage as well. Only thing he has going for him is the nasty transmission that those GTRs have, vs your T56. But in a clean run I think you can take him on motor. On paper at least you should be faster, I know anything can happen on the street. I've yet to meet a nice person that drives one of these... Can't wait to get my turbo build started so I can start hurting GTR and exotic car egos.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah I stopped his pull pretty much right away but we only ran from like 50-120 so there wasn't much time to reel him in. I think you're right though...had he not taken the hit I think I would have taken a slight edge

Quick Reply: Nissan GTR vs HCI LQ9