Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Hennessey 392 Charger vs me (2012 cts v wagon) no vid

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 03:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hennessey 392 Charger vs me (2012 cts v wagon) no vid

Completely random earlier this afternoon omw home on the empty bw8.

Black charger appears behind me and moves to the left lane to pass me (I'm cruising at 76).

As he nails it passing me I do the same pretty instantaneous and we go from 76/80 to 145 and he held about a half of car til 140 and from there pretty much massacred me. From 145 he literally started pulling like a freight train lol. Again I'm running 674 rwhp on a damn stock heat exchanger and get heat soaked before I even get out of fourth gear (paddle shifting).

I didn't realize til after I caught back up to give him a thumbs up that it said Hennessey on the back deck lid (which explains the *** whoopin) lol. Best part is the guy gave me equal props (although he dusted me) and was an easy 60+ years old! That was icing on the cake, I exited and literally watched a cop who was sitting on the offramp pull out behind him (don't know if he got lit up).

Was a great run but another loss under my belt lol. Out of curiosity what the Hell does the Hennessey 392 package put out? Sorry no vids but it was totally unexpected.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

About 650 hp i think
Old 10-08-2015, 04:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice job
Old 10-08-2015, 10:31 PM
Teching In

Sorry, I have to chime in for the first time in years. The paddles absolutely suck on the V!! not for racing at all. Have you tracked the car yet? My V is a 634rwhp car and last run was 10.8 @128. If you are putting out that much power, it is impossible to use the paddles correctly. You are killing yourself. Your trans should be tuned to shift perfectly.

I think I read where you lost to a Hellcat as well. Your power levels should've had you pulling if he was stock. Your car is close to 700rwhp and lighter. Not trying in any way to question your driving, but..........
Old 10-09-2015, 07:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by big r
Sorry, I have to chime in for the first time in years. The paddles absolutely suck on the V!! not for racing at all. Have you tracked the car yet? My V is a 634rwhp car and last run was 10.8 @128. If you are putting out that much power, it is impossible to use the paddles correctly. You are killing yourself. Your trans should be tuned to shift perfectly.

I think I read where you lost to a Hellcat as well. Your power levels should've had you pulling if he was stock. Your car is close to 700rwhp and lighter. Not trying in any way to question your driving, but..........
Paddles do suck but I wanted to try it a few times in both modes. Grant it I'm still kinda learning my car (auto's suck) I'm more use to manual cars but I am not that bad of a driver. My enemy is my stock heat exchanger which shoots the iats up which in turn pulls timing = way less hp. I have to pick my battles until I save up enough green to get an aftermarket hx and hx pump.

Prime example, I ran a fbo 5.0 (2011-2014) and absolutely raped him from 45- 110 (6+ cars). We immediately ran a second run and we were dead even from 40-115 ( I was heat soaked). My car is by all means a mid to high 10 sec car but with stock hx it's pretty much useless for now. I still won't pass up a run if I feel it's worth it though.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Say what you mean bruh! LOL I do have to agree here. Only time I'd use paddles would be to maybe force a downshift before a roll... but I'd never use them afterward. Id stay away from paddles unless an empty road where you're just trying to enjoy the cruise. Otherwise, an actual race... keep it in D. If trans is tuned right, you should be good.

Originally Posted by Fast02Z06
Paddles do suck but I wanted to try it a few times in both modes. Grant it I'm still kinda learning my car (auto's suck) I'm more use to manual cars but I am not that bad of a driver. My enemy is my stock heat exchanger which shoots the iats up which in turn pulls timing = way less hp. I have to pick my battles until I save up enough green to get an aftermarket hx and hx pump.

Prime example, I ran a fbo 5.0 (2011-2014) and absolutely raped him from 45- 110 (6+ cars). We immediately ran a second run and we were dead even from 40-115 ( I was heat soaked). My car is by all means a mid to high 10 sec car but with stock hx it's pretty much useless for now. I still won't pass up a run if I feel it's worth it though.
Seems like if thats the case, you definitely need to work on this issue. What has this car run at the track?
Old 10-09-2015, 07:59 AM
Staging Lane

I have not ran it yet. Its merely pointless until I upgrade my hx really. I built it mlre less to run highway (40+ rolls) not to track it. I would guess it runs mid to high 10's
Old 10-09-2015, 08:56 AM
TECH Resident

Haha, what kind of wheels were on it?

Most of the 392's have our "HPE700" upgrade on them, which makes ''700 at the crank'' but we all know how that works. Glad to hear one of our clients is out having a good time instead of parked in a climate controlled storage!
Old 10-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Totally understand the heat issues with these cars. I'm not sure if you do the tap tap method, roll racing I'm sure you do, but just in case. Down shift using the paddles, then tap in drive, then back to sport. This keeps you in your power range. invest in Weapon X track attack and ZL1 lid. Your iats will come down dramatically.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:40 PM
Staging Lane

Totally understand the heat issues with these cars. I'm not sure if you do the tap tap method, roll racing I'm sure you do, but just in case. Down shift using the paddles, then tap in drive, then back to sport. This keeps you in your power range. invest in Weapon X track attack and ZL1 lid. Your iats will come down dramatically.
No I wasn't aware of the tap tap secret (now I know). I was going to go with a D3 hx and pump, weapon x was my next choice (I even heard you can run an upper and lower hx crom them).
Old 10-11-2015, 09:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Good run.....i love v wagons
Old 10-11-2015, 05:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Good run.....i love v wagons
Thanks man, it's a lot of fun but with the right hx it will be a beast. I cannot believe the attention it gets on a daily basis bc of its rarity.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:46 PM
Teching In

No I wasn't aware of the tap tap secret (now I know). I was going to go with a D3 hx and pump, weapon x was my next choice (I even heard you can run an upper and lower hx crom them).
Not sure about running them both, I have the Track attack and love it. Make sure you practice the tap tap method. It really prevents the violent hit to your trans and allows you to jump right out in roll races. Big difference!!

Also, tap your traction button twice, which puts it in comp mode. Then, put the trans in sport mode. Then, hit the sport button. This stiffens the suspension and the steering wheel. This Allows you to corner a lot better.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:49 PM
Staging Lane

Not sure about running them both, I have the Track attack and love it. Make sure you practice the tap tap method. It really prevents the violent hit to your trans and allows you to jump right out in roll races. Big difference!!

Also, tap your traction button twice, which puts it in comp mode. Then, put the trans in sport mode. Then, hit the sport button. This stiffens the suspension and the steering wheel. This Allows you to corner a lot better.
Gotcha thanks. I actually practiced coming from ihop earlier this evening. I knew about the competitive mode but not the tap tap (trans mode). It made a huge difference too, I still prefer a manual trans but I can make this one work just fine.

Quick Reply: Hennessey 392 Charger vs me (2012 cts v wagon) no vid