Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS3 C6 vs GTRs, Turbo WS6, Evo 9, 5.0, C6Z

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS3 C6 vs GTRs, Turbo WS6, Evo 9, 5.0, C6Z

Few vids over the last few months! Some are before the cam install/tune. Enjoy!

First two vids

Bolton LS3 c6
Unknown HP

Vs

2015 Black edition GTR

Third video
Silver GTR 2015 stock
Black GTR 2015 exhaust
Black C6 bolt ons 150 shot 530whp
Camera car 480whp LS3 C6

C6 LS3
Bolt ons only, HP unknown
Run craps

T/A
CX racing turbo kit, 76mm turbo, 4.30 gears, radials 630whp

Intake, boss manifold, long tubes, exhaust, 3.73s, radials

Gears didn't seem to match the turbo T/A.

Camera car:
Cam Bolton LS3 C6 480whp

Black C6Z (chrome wheels)
495hp mods unknown

Black GS (black wheels)
Bolt ons 150 shot 530whp

Camera car/GS both had passengers. C6Z was solo

Camera car
480whp C6
Cam, bolt ons

Evo IX MR
Intake, down pipe, exhaust, upgraded stock turbo (billet wheel), e85
420whp

2015 5.0
Intake, exhaust, e85 Lund Tune
430whp

30 roll
Vette spins like crazy first run. Second run had decent traction.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Awesome races!
Old 11-18-2015, 01:41 AM
Teching In

Awesome races! I wanna run a cammed ls3 Vette bad.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:47 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by corysmach1
You'd beat a cammed LS3, you need to be shooting at LS7's.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

He should worry more about solid bolt on ls6s before he reaches higher.

Good runs
Old 11-18-2015, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys. I can't complain about the way she runs. Wish I would've bought an LS7 instead. But this will do for now.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by islander033
You'd beat a cammed LS3, you need to be shooting at LS7's.
I agree 100%.

Hio- I've asked to race you multiple times. Please don't talk **** untill you race me. Reaching higher? That makes no sense because I also agree you would pull a cammed ls3 Vette.....but be close.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm in OK. I'd love to run fellow members on here in Mexico!
Old 11-18-2015, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bongva
I'm in OK. I'd love to run fellow members on here in Mexico!
Me too man! It would be a blast! Your car runs good man. Keep the videos coming.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Me too man! It would be a blast! Your car runs good man. Keep the videos coming.
Thank you for the kind words! I appreciate it!
Old 11-19-2015, 01:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bongva
Thank you for the kind words! I appreciate it!
No problem buddy.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:54 AM
10 Second Club

I agree 100%.

Hio- I've asked to race you multiple times. Please don't talk **** untill you race me. Reaching higher? That makes no sense because I also agree you would pull a cammed ls3 Vette.....but be close.
I've never seen you waiting on my porch if you were so eager. After mutiple times of you wanting me to run all the way to you that shouldn't have been a issue.

Besides.....from the looks of things it takes a cammed 5br0 to keep up. When you tell a story.....tell the whole story.

I had a impromptu run in wuth a cammed ls3 a few years ago. I got a jump on him and held that. So Probably a dead heat. He later stopped by my house and said it went 10.8@131.

Now the difference between you and i is i know a good cammed ls3 should outrun me. His wasn't bad......but if it were my cammed ls3 it woulda been good by. You think you shoukd outrun them.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I've never seen you waiting on my porch if you were so eager. After mutiple times of you wanting me to run all the way to you that shouldn't have been a issue.

Besides.....from the looks of things it takes a cammed 5br0 to keep up. When you tell a story.....tell the whole story.

I had a impromptu run in wuth a cammed ls3 a few years ago. I got a jump on him and held that. So Probably a dead heat. He later stopped by my house and said it went 10.8@131.

Now the difference between you and i is i know a good cammed ls3 should outrun me. His wasn't bad......but if it were my cammed ls3 it woulda been good by. You think you shoukd outrun them.
Meet me halfway if your car is so bad? Its no secret I have cams. To be honest the car would have been faster dropping another-300lbs and changing the gears. I only did the cams because I did the crank gear and OPG's and said hell I guess I will add a little power at the same time. So yes I think personally if I would ha e stayed bolt ons only and dropped over 300lbs and changed the gear it would have been just as fast or maybe quicker.....you should know how much a difference weight makes.....I personally don't care who you have beat on the street 14 years ago.....I could write a book of the cars I have beat and you would say wow poor setup poor driver needed maintenance. BTW- there is multiple bolt on 5.0s running quicker than you now. They are also much heavier than your car.....

Last edited by corysmach1; 11-19-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

His wasn't bad......but if it were my cammed ls3 it woulda been good by. You think you shoukd outrun them.
But too bad you wouldn't ever do a cammed LS3 because, gah damnit, bolt ons!
Old 11-19-2015, 10:28 AM
Launching!

Nice set of runs man!
Old 11-19-2015, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

LMFAO AT THIS. Who do you think you are? You are the most conceited person I think I have ever seen post on here, lol. Nobody's **** is ever set up or built as well as yours.

OP, loving the videos of the car! Keep it up, car runs hard.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:22 PM
10 Second Club

Meet me halfway if your car is so bad? Its no secret I have cams. To be honest the car would have been faster dropping another-300lbs and changing the gears. I only did the cams because I did the crank gear and OPG's and said hell I guess I will add a little power at the same time. So yes I think personally if I would ha e stayed bolt ons only and dropped over 300lbs and changed the gear it would have been just as fast or maybe quicker.....you should know how much a difference weight makes.....I personally don't care who you have beat on the street 14 years ago.....I could write a book of the cars I have beat and you would say wow poor setup poor driver needed maintenance. BTW- there is multiple bolt on 5.0s running quicker than you now. They are also much heavier than your car.....
I'm not meeting no one right now. I have to much **** goin on.

Yea yea.....there are bolt on ls1s faster than me also.....so your point was? Always something faster dude.

Yes you were being secretive about your cams.
Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
But too bad you wouldn't ever do a cammed LS3 because, gah damnit, bolt ons!
Bolt ons ftw
Originally Posted by Its Stock
LMFAO AT THIS. Who do you think you are? You are the most conceited person I think I have ever seen post on here, lol. Nobody's **** is ever set up or built as well as yours.

OP, loving the videos of the car! Keep it up, car runs hard.
Not conceited about it at all. I just think a cammed ls3 vette should pull me pretty good if it's even near 100%. You would be looking at 500+whp in a 3200lb car. Do i think i could out run my bolt on ls6 with a cammed ls3......**** yea. That's not conceit it's knowing what you're made of.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:35 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Not conceited about it at all. I just think a cammed ls3 vette should pull me pretty good if it's even near 100%. You would be looking at 500+whp in a 3200lb car. Do i think i could out run my bolt on ls6 with a cammed ls3......**** yea. That's not conceit it's knowing what you're made of.

Not with how you stated it. It's not knowing what you're made of when every time you talk about someone else's setup it is never "proper" lmao. Dense and conceited; seems to be your name of the game.

I know what a cammed LS3 makes... I tried buying a C6 before the 5.0 as I've stated numerous amounts of times.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:13 PM
Teching In

I'm not meeting no one right now. I have to much **** goin on.

Yea yea.....there are bolt on ls1s faster than me also.....so your point was? Always something faster dude.

Yes you were being secretive about your cams.

Bolt ons ftw

You must not have been following the kik app....I talked about it a lot. Talked about the shop....the tune...the no loping...and the numerous tune issues I had. Everybody knew idk how you didn't lol.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Its Stock

Not with how you stated it. It's not knowing what you're made of when every time you talk about someone else's setup it is never "proper" lmao. Dense and conceited; seems to be your name of the game.

I know what a cammed LS3 makes... I tried buying a C6 before the 5.0 as I've stated numerous amounts of times.
Again nothing conceited about it. If you don't think i couldn't make a cammed ls3 out run a,bolt on ls6 you're a idiot.
You must not have been following the kik app....I talked about it a lot. Talked about the shop....the tune...the no loping...and the numerous tune issues I had. Everybody knew idk how you didn't lol.
There were several of us on kik that didn't know.

Quick Reply: LS3 C6 vs GTRs, Turbo WS6, Evo 9, 5.0, C6Z