Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cobalt vs SP Challenger

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 12:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Cobalt vs SP Challenger

Had a fun run with a 2015 8spd SP Challenger the other night. He stalked me for a few miles, following behind. Road opens up and he swings to my right but I planned to turn left at the light we were approaching. He notices and follows. Now at first I wasn't sure what it was as he hung back.

His HIDs were bright as **** but the car was loud, so I was hoping it was something fun and not another doucher that decided loud = fast. So, we're door to door waiting to turn left and I wasn't able to see inside the car due to Tint but the car was absolutely ****. Light gray, super dark tint and a logo I hadn't seen before. At first I got excited thinking I was about to go toe to toe with a fat cat and get my *** kicked. Then I noticed the 6.4. Sweet...

Light turns green and I take the turn a little aggressively just to ensure he was game. I'm holding second, about a nose ahead. We seemed to anticipate each other and we hit it at the same time. My god, his car is so ******* loud... I spin but maintain my nose, maybe pulling ever so slightly at the top of second, finally finding some traction.

I was hesitant to NLS into 3rd, fearful that I'd completely BF the trans. So I granny shift and double clutch into third and start to pull. By the top of third (110ish), I'd say I had 1.5? cars on him. Light ahead turns yellow, so I slam on the brakes, hoping to chat but he keeps going and runs the light. Did I mention loud? Don't get me wrong, it sounded great just deafening.

TL;DR? Eat ****

I must say, that auto trans is lightning fast. Gears seemed very short too.

Cobalt mods - K04R pushing 24lbs(big wheel, ported stocker), modded factory air box, DP and ethanol blended HP tune.

Last edited by T.Man; 12-05-2015 at 12:17 AM.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:08 AM
Teching In

Nice kill.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice kill!
......I imagine he was pretty surprised getting beat by a Cobalt......
...........Even losing to highly modified Cobalts still wouldn't keep me from getting an SP Challenger if I could afford one..........Love those things!
Old 12-05-2015, 09:32 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Way to go Tyler. Probably had the other guy scratching his head
Old 12-05-2015, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
Nice kill.
Thanks man

Originally Posted by MaxxRPM
Nice kill!
......I imagine he was pretty surprised getting beat by a Cobalt......
...........Even losing to highly modified Cobalts still wouldn't keep me from getting an SP Challenger if I could afford one..........Love those things!
He probably was expecting to just annihilate me. My car is far from highly modified but I agree. They're sweet rides. The subtle changes for 2015 Challengers are just perfect. I'd gladly rock one but the Charger is a bit more my style.

That 8 speed is ****.

Originally Posted by willizm
Way to go Tyler. Probably had the other guy scratching his head
Hey thanks Will! Could be? Not every day you get to see a rental car that is decently quick
Old 12-06-2015, 02:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good race and kill OP! And kudos on not running the damned red light at 100+mph.

Am I the only one shaking my head over the fact the V8 RWD domestic car was the one to run the red light while the subcompact FWD turbo 4 cylinder stopped?
Old 12-06-2015, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Good race and kill OP! And kudos on not running the damned red light at 100+mph.

Am I the only one shaking my head over the fact the V8 RWD domestic car was the one to run the red light while the subcompact FWD turbo 4 cylinder stopped?
Thanks man
Old 12-07-2015, 05:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

Good run. The Scat 8 speeds run strong. A trend by some is to delete the resonators and mufflers. So true dual straight pipe....**** all that
Old 12-08-2015, 07:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Bully!

Quick Reply: Cobalt vs SP Challenger