Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

16 camaro vs 14 mustang

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 05:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mappinsj
You can even see when the 5.0 loses the gearing advantage when it just drops out the picture
Gearing????

Old 01-07-2016, 05:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My brother shifts like corysmach, he broke 3 T45 in 1 year.... oh yeah they were all fully built with billet steel shift forks carbon synchro and cryo forged gears.

Driver mod is an expensive hobby
Old 01-07-2016, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very expensive.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by corysmach1
I took the Magnum to RPM and had it built.
Good decision. My Borg Warner T-56 is built by RPM. I can shift how you do all day long with no problems. I use Castrol Transynd allison automatic transmission fluid. I use that in my T-850 that is in my Neon too. Great stuff. Works better than anything I have ever used.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:52 PM
Launching!

I'm not gonna lie, I think the new Camaro will out perform the 14, 15 ,16 Mustang stock. But Big hammer's special Olympic medal is shinning bright right now. He only post videos that the Stang has a bad driver or some stupid ****. I bet your glad that Chevy finally made a Camaro stock that can remotely touch the new 5.0 from 11-16 lmao!!!!
Old 01-08-2016, 02:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
He may exaggerate a bit...but look what you just did.
Point a finger look how many are pointing back at you.

Your comment was just as ridiculous for the opposite team champ.

6G remotely touch the 5bro? not sure if serious....

btw...its "shining". Did you steal his medal?
No kidding. The 6th gen is nearly a full second faster than the 5.0. This must be a VERY hard pill for the Ford guys to swallow.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by WhipLashLsx
No kidding. The 6th gen is nearly a full second faster than the 5.0. This must be a VERY hard pill for the Ford guys to swallow.
it is...I deleted my post cuz im sick of arguing about it...guess it still showed up lol
Old 01-08-2016, 05:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyxg
I'm not gonna lie, I think the new Camaro will out perform the 14, 15 ,16 Mustang stock. But Big hammer's special Olympic medal is shinning bright right now.He only post videos that the Stang has a bad driver or some stupid ****. I bet your glad that Chevy finally made a Camaro stock that can remotely touch the new 5.0 from 11-16 lmao!!!!
Dude, the car hasn't been out long enough for him to pick and choose what videos to post.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by scotty2000ss
Dude, the car hasn't been out long enough for him to pick and choose what videos to post.
word...

found another. this should make some people salty

manual SS with a blown launch down over a car from the start. Runs down an auto 5.0 and passes it. Both 16s. Both stock. That's really impressive. Its not even a drivers race when a manual with a blown launch can run down an auto lol

Also...road test tv on youtube has a vid of a new SS in humid 80f in florida with 1500 DA and blown launch 2.1 60 ft runs a 12.5. That's like near equal to the 5.0 hero time

15 GT auto on same track with cai and tune. 2.1 60ft as well...12.6. Even with minor bolt ons it wont beat an SS all things equal.
Of course they tried to claim stock in the vid. the person in the other lane called him out in the comments section. classic. No surprise...got to watch them 5.bros

mod for mod a 5.0 will not be able to make up all that ground plus more to surpass an SS mod for mod. Its game over mod for mod and stock for stock...PERIOD. FI...5.bro probably can handle more boost.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
word...

found another. this should make some people salty

manual SS with a blown launch down over a car from the start. Runs down an auto 5.0 and passes it. Both 16s. Both stock. That's really impressive. Its not even a drivers race when a manual with a blown launch can run down an auto lol

2016 Camaro SS vs 2016 Mustang GT - YouTube

Also...road test tv on youtube has a vid of a new SS in humid 80f in florida with 1500 DA and blown launch 2.1 60 ft runs a 12.5. That's like near equal to the 5.0 hero time

15 GT auto on same track with cai and tune. 2.1 60ft as well...12.6. Even with minor bolt ons it wont beat an SS all things equal.
Of course they tried to claim stock in the vid. the person in the other lane called him out in the comments section. classic. No surprise...got to watch them 5.bros

mod for mod a 5.0 will not be able to make up all that ground plus more to surpass an SS mod for mod. Its game over mod for mod and stock for stock...PERIOD. FI...5.bro probably can handle more boost.
The $4300+ cost difference between the two cars should even up the gap
Old 01-08-2016, 07:51 AM
Staging Lane

I'm pretty sure the true enthusiasts aren't going to care what badge the better performer wears. Unfortunately we will always have Ford nut huggers who will come up with a million and one excuses (denial), we will have gm nut huggers who swears the 5.0 never stood a chance to a stock ls1, stock 5th gen, etc. We will also have the mopar nut huggers that swears a 392 will destroy them both hands down blah blah blah.

The facts are here already. Not only in black and white in magazines, but also on youtube, motor trend, etc The 16 ss is clearly the trophy winner. Being that I am a true enthusiasts I personally love the fact that we have 3 domestic beasts out right now that the typical average waged individual can buy new without going bk.

It's just so funny too bc on one of the camaro forums where I was trolling around the 5th gen guys are so butthurt it's pathetic lol. Most call it ugly, say they won't even think about trading a 5th for a 6th, they even claim that the performance difference is very minimal lol. People really don't like when the new kid on the block comes around and starts handing out *** kickings.

I stick with my personal thoughts though. All 3 (392, 6th gen, 15+ 5.0) are amazing performers out the box, and I would not be the least bit ashamed to have either one of the 3. The 6th gen is simply the better of the 3. I see the corvette C7 sales being slightly affected by the 6th gen in the future (just my guess, no facts to back this theory up with).
Old 01-08-2016, 08:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 171 Likes on 120 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by kennyxg
I'm not gonna lie, I think the new Camaro will out perform the 14, 15 ,16 Mustang stock. But Big hammer's special Olympic medal is shinning bright right now. He only post videos that the Stang has a bad driver or some stupid ****. I bet your glad that Chevy finally made a Camaro stock that can remotely touch the new 5.0 from 11-16 lmao!!!!
Feel free to post up a vid of a mustang beating a new camaro then Brochacho
Old 01-08-2016, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fast02Z06
I'm pretty sure the true enthusiasts aren't going to care what badge the better performer wears. Unfortunately we will always have Ford nut huggers who will come up with a million and one excuses (denial), we will have gm nut huggers who swears the 5.0 never stood a chance to a stock ls1, stock 5th gen, etc. We will also have the mopar nut huggers that swears a 392 will destroy them both hands down blah blah blah.

The facts are here already. Not only in black and white in magazines, but also on youtube, motor trend, etc The 16 ss is clearly the trophy winner. Being that I am a true enthusiasts I personally love the fact that we have 3 domestic beasts out right now that the typical average waged individual can buy new without going bk.

It's just so funny too bc on one of the camaro forums where I was trolling around the 5th gen guys are so butthurt it's pathetic lol. Most call it ugly, say they won't even think about trading a 5th for a 6th, they even claim that the performance difference is very minimal lol. People really don't like when the new kid on the block comes around and starts handing out *** kickings.

I stick with my personal thoughts though. All 3 (392, 6th gen, 15+ 5.0) are amazing performers out the box, and I would not be the least bit ashamed to have either one of the 3. The 6th gen is simply the better of the 3. I see the corvette C7 sales being slightly affected by the 6th gen in the future (just my guess, no facts to back this theory up with).
Well put. The 6G is leaps and bounds in front of the 5G based on my brief driving experience thus far. The 5G is what brought me from a GM guy and family and made me buy my first Ford. The 6G and C6 have the potential to bring me back.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:43 AM
Teching In

6th gen is far superior to the 5th gen, no question about it...
Old 01-08-2016, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
6th gen is far superior to the 5th gen, no question about it...
Your $3500 1LE package with those 3.91s really help out the 5G doe
Old 01-08-2016, 09:06 AM
Teching In

Honestly i would of liked the Gen6 LT1 setup in a 2015...man that would be nice...including the weight diff of course...so Basically Zyborgs cars with 200 pounds less and LT1 set up lol
Old 01-08-2016, 09:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni
Good decision. My Borg Warner T-56 is built by RPM. I can shift how you do all day long with no problems. I use Castrol Transynd allison automatic transmission fluid. I use that in my T-850 that is in my Neon too. Great stuff. Works better than anything I have ever used.

You think that fluid made a difference? I think I screwed up my clutch this season at the track and am swapping it out this winter. (Just a heavy *** ls7 clutch) Maby I will try that fluid. I have not decided on a clutch yet, What clutch is in your camaro? Are you happy with it? I'm not want to spend too much, because I am doing the research on maby swapping in a new A8 with a stand alone tcm.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Your $3500 1LE package with those 3.91s really help out the 5G doe
The 1LE option was the best $3500 I ever spent on a car. With that said, for roll racing, i believe the regular SS is about the same to a 1LE car, the driver is what will make the most difference. 1LE has the 3.91s but the tranny gearing is less aggressive to the regular SS. 1st, 2nd and 3rd are near identical on the two cars. In 4th, the 1LE goes to 137ish and the regular SS goes to 150+

Originally Posted by 99whitez28
Honestly i would of liked the Gen6 LT1 setup in a 2015...man that would be nice...including the weight diff of course...so Basically Zyborgs cars with 200 pounds less and LT1 set up lol
I would hope that my car vs a stock 16 SS would be a good run... Will need to run one to find out.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:31 AM
Teching In

Oh BTW Zyborg, there was a new Z28 last night at the meet.....OMG so sexy...owner was a douche though...Yes we need to find one fast!
Old 01-08-2016, 10:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99whitez28
Oh BTW Zyborg, there was a new Z28 last night at the meet.....OMG so sexy...owner was a douche though...Yes we need to find one fast!
Yes sir. First time I laid eyes on a z28, i felt like i was lookint at an exotic. Love that car and everything it is... Too bad about the owner!

Yes we do!

Quick Reply: 16 camaro vs 14 mustang