Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Poppacap vs mappins!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 10:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Good run to see either way poppa I seen you run last Thursday and there were lots of ppl surprised how well it ran but I will admit you drive the **** out of that car compared to lots of other bros at shadyside. Did u run that silver mustang before u left for the night I don't know anything about it but it was making some decent runs from the little I seen I was hoping to see u run him
Old 03-27-2016, 10:01 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good lord that was bad. As expected, but I thought poppa's car would fall off up top.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:40 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dimeomboost
Good run to see either way poppa I seen you run last Thursday and there were lots of ppl surprised how well it ran but I will admit you drive the **** out of that car compared to lots of other bros at shadyside. Did u run that silver mustang before u left for the night I don't know anything about it but it was making some decent runs from the little I seen I was hoping to see u run him
........ ,,,,,,,,,, ???????? !!!!!!

^^^That **** is free man, use all you want.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by big hammer
Yeah it's crazy stuff
We shall see what 93 does next time mang.

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Your car doesn't pick up that much hp being a flex fuel tune.

Dedicated tunes here on s197 coyotes are only showing 7-12rwhp over 91. 12 being the absolute most I've seen on a happy dyno.
I kind of feel the same. I am being 100% honest when I say I don't notice a huge difference between the 93 and E85 on my car. I think I may drop a tenth in the 1/4 on 93. Maybe a mph. best mph so far is 116.9.

Good to meet you man! I did run that silver mustang(05-09 bodystyle.. had built motor or nitrous.. unsure) the last run. Ran a 7.97 to his 7.82. ETs were down that night... car has gone 7.71 before. I ran 7.76 at Rockingham yesterday. Still trying to work out the bugs on my tune.. still pulling timing in 3rd gear. Should pick up another 2 tenths or so once I get that worked out.

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
Good lord that was bad. As expected, but I thought poppa's car would fall off up top.
Not sure about the ones saying the 5.0s fall off up top... mine pulled pretty strong all the way to 140mph when I let off. Maybe someone swapped an LS7 in my car at the factory without me knowing.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:23 AM
11 Second Club

I am sitting here wondering..... 100shots are cheap.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
I am sitting here wondering..... 100shots are cheap.
Indeed they are I'd love to see u do it. I haven't made a pass there this year till the truck is back together but I heard the track was already in better shape than the end of last year. I know when we go to Mooresville everyone has better 60' and all the turbo cars including mine dont put on a smoke show halfway down track. Did u happen to see my boy Justin run in the ugly blue nova? This was a couple of his first few passes since going from the single to twins. Damn thing rolls for a stock crank 6.0.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:01 PM
Launching!

No way! Without all that gear, there's no way a 400hp car can pull like that.

Old 03-27-2016, 12:51 PM
11 Second Club

Indeed they are I'd love to see u do it. I haven't made a pass there this year till the truck is back together but I heard the track was already in better shape than the end of last year. I know when we go to Mooresville everyone has better 60' and all the turbo cars including mine dont put on a smoke show halfway down track. Did u happen to see my boy Justin run in the ugly blue nova? This was a couple of his first few passes since going from the single to twins. Damn thing rolls for a stock crank 6.0.

Considering it until I go with twins. should run good with it. will probably have to go to a 28" tire with it. I just worry about blowing motor if tune isnt spot on.

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
No way! Without all that gear, there's no way a 400hp car can pull like that.

hehe.. its that top secret stock 3.15 gear
Old 03-27-2016, 12:56 PM
11 Second Club

Forgot... yeah I saw Justin making a pass. that thing is nasty as hell.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:08 PM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=Poppacapp;19202983]Considering it until I go with twins. should run good with it. will probably have to go to a 28" tire with it. I just worry about blowing motor if tune isnt spot on.

I see some of them dudes out there I know there **** cant even be in the ballpark as far as tune goes. They just keep hitting the button as long as it runs faster than it did without it that. The purple gto out there is a prime example they have no tuning software and I can't count all the times I've seen them swap jets. I think a good tuner should be able to set up a 100 shot pretty easy. I'm definitely waiting to see it with twins tho should be nasty as hell.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:13 PM
Launching!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Has anyone checked on Mappins?

He never goes this long without posting.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Prototype007
Has anyone checked on Mappins?

He never goes this long without posting.
I was thinking the same thing. The last thing he said was that he was going to bed and that was yesterday lol
Old 03-27-2016, 01:41 PM
11 Second Club

[QUOTE=Dimeomboost;19203003]
Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Considering it until I go with twins. should run good with it. will probably have to go to a 28" tire with it. I just worry about blowing motor if tune isnt spot on.

I see some of them dudes out there I know there **** cant even be in the ballpark as far as tune goes. They just keep hitting the button as long as it runs faster than it did without it that. The purple gto out there is a prime example they have no tuning software and I can't count all the times I've seen them swap jets. I think a good tuner should be able to set up a 100 shot pretty easy. I'm definitely waiting to see it with twins tho should be nasty as hell.

I log all my passes and look at most of them. I dont know enough about tuning to do it myself, but am trying to learn. 100shot should knock a second off et shouldnt it?

The quicker twin S550s are running high 5s so far on stock motor with exception of oil pump gear, and cranks gear, bottom 9s in the 1/4. But definitely not cheap with a proper fuel setup.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah Poppa, real world results just going the flex fuel e85 you may have picked up a tenth and 1-1.5 mph. It really isn't much. The only reason I went corn is because I got the injectors I needed for $50 so 7-12rwhp over 91 for $50. It's worth it to me
Old 03-27-2016, 01:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That even hit was a straight up murder lol
Old 03-27-2016, 02:41 PM
Staging Lane

Mappins jumped like a frog on 2 of the runs and still got reeled in. The last race I guess he figured he's going to lose anyway so just make it fair. Major kudos to both of you Mappins and poppa! Mappins car looks goddam good too especially with the miles it has.
I am not hating in any way on Mappins but he swore up and down he never loses to 5.0's. I'm curious to what happened this instance where there was footage? again I'm all for fun runs but I hope this humbles mappins a little bit.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fast02Z06
Mappins jumped like a frog on 2 of the runs and still got reeled in. The last race I guess he figured he's going to lose anyway so just make it fair. Major kudos to both of you Mappins and poppa! Mappins car looks goddam good too especially with the miles it has.
I am not hating in any way on Mappins but he swore up and down he never loses to 5.0's. I'm curious to what happened this instance where there was footage? again I'm all for fun runs but I hope this humbles mappins a little bit.
His excuse is that Poppa was on E85.

So now Poppa will rerun him on 93 and still beat the bricks off that 5.0 killer.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
His excuse is that Poppa was on E85.

So now Poppa will rerun him on 93 and still beat the bricks off that 5.0 killer.
yup I hope we hear from Mappins again. His pride is definitely a little bruised to say the least.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:34 PM
Launching!

Humble Pie
Old 03-27-2016, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

The chronicles of gappin the mappin

Quick Reply: Poppacap vs mappins!