Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

00 Z28 VS 2000something GTO

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 01:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 Z28 VS 2000something GTO

First actual race in my Z28 since I got it a few months ago. I was cruising down the highway with my wife, doing about 70MPH in the left lane. This gray car pulls out from the entry on the left side of the road and I'm calling him choice words in my head. Then I realized it was a 2000something GTO.
I take the right lane and nail it. I hear him nail it and see the rear hunker down on his car. I ended up pulling well ahead but it wasn't really fair since I was already rolling.
We both slow down to about 70MPH again and line up. When I hear him nail it I do the same. He pulled a bumpers length on me, and then mine began to do the same. We both let off neck and neck. I looked down as we were slowing down and we were at 120MPH.
We waved at each other and he took an another exit a few miles later. I'd say our 2nd run was a fair run and a damn close tie. I know my heart was pounding and I got the bug
Old 04-26-2016, 02:22 PM
11 Second Club

Nice runs man!

Easiest way to tell and 04 ls1 from a 05-06 ls2 is by the exhaust and hood, providing they're stock. LS1 cars have single exit exhaust and a regular hood, the LS2 cars come factory with dual outlets on each side in back and the ram air hood with two small scoops.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Deeohgie69
Nice runs man!

Easiest way to tell and 04 ls1 from a 05-06 ls2 is by the exhaust and hood, providing they're stock. LS1 cars have single exit exhaust and a regular hood, the LS2 cars come factory with dual outlets on each side in back and the ram air hood with two small scoops.
I wasn't aware of that, thanks for the info. This one must have been the LS1 then because there was no scoop.

Quick Reply: 00 Z28 VS 2000something GTO