Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Genesis vs 2014 SRT 8 Jeep

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 06:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Makes sense, those cars don't have the "boy racer" thing going on.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Makes sense, those cars don't have the "boy racer" thing going on.
Kinda hard to find a race now. I'm stuck in the middle. Too fast for 6 and 4cyls. Too slow for modded 8s Think a 50-100 shot would help. Just don't know jack **** about GDI or with it being high compression.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I raced a brand new one with dealer paper plates still on it late last year. Guy was cool as **** and we talked for a bit. One of my friends who is a mopar-head was talking with him the most. He had like 800 miles on the thing and brought it in to race it and see what he could run. He asked to race against me, and I agreed.

During our race from a dig at the track, I missed 2nd AND 4th gear. He ran a 13.4@102.3. I ran a 13.2@109 and took the W. That was his best run of the day, and my worst. Right on target with what he said they did, but said he was hoping to be faster. I just reminded him its auto and awd... Its going to be consistent and it was good he hit what he should have.

Definitely pretty cool for a truck. I'd take a SRT8 Jeep over a TBSS.
I knew you were going to catch a bad one from a dig, but that was a really bad one. LOL
From a roll, it looks like he has a very very slight pull on the top but in higher gear. Next time, line it up next to each other.

Get colder plugs and run a buck shot of dope thru that thing.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by odthetruth
I raced a brand new one with dealer paper plates still on it late last year. Guy was cool as **** and we talked for a bit. One of my friends who is a mopar-head was talking with him the most. He had like 800 miles on the thing and brought it in to race it and see what he could run. He asked to race against me, and I agreed.

During our race from a dig at the track, I missed 2nd AND 4th gear. He ran a 13.4@102.3. I ran a 13.2@109 and took the W. That was his best run of the day, and my worst. Right on target with what he said they did, but said he was hoping to be faster. I just reminded him its auto and awd... Its going to be consistent and it was good he hit what he should have.

Definitely pretty cool for a truck. I'd take a SRT8 Jeep over a TBSS.
I knew you were going to catch a bad one from a dig, but that was a really bad one. LOL
From a roll, it looks like he has a very very slight pull on the top but in higher gear. Next time, line it up next to each other.

Get colder plugs and run a buck shot of dope thru that thing.
Yeah I tried getting next to him but he kept speeding up. So u just said **** it and honked it off. If we would've started next to each other, I think it would've been a door to door rave with him getting the edge like you said. I've been debating running a 75 or 100 shot. But convincing my wife is another story...lol. Wished I had a good track to see what it would run in good DA. May have to make a trip to Thunder Valley
Old 05-23-2016, 09:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07BlackSS
Yeah I tried getting next to him but he kept speeding up. So u just said **** it and honked it off. If we would've started next to each other, I think it would've been a door to door rave with him getting the edge like you said. I've been debating running a 75 or 100 shot. But convincing my wife is another story...lol. Wished I had a good track to see what it would run in good DA. May have to make a trip to Thunder Valley
Should make that trip to La Porte and go to RPR while you're down here.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
Should make that trip to La Porte and go to RPR while you're down here.
When we were going to a few weeks ago, had bad storms pop up thru Dallas that would've been hell. But definitely need to get back down there!

Quick Reply: Genesis vs 2014 SRT 8 Jeep