Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2v mustang gt vs ls1

What's going on guys, my buddy's got a 99 2v mustang gt
straight pipe with bassani mufflers
bbk cai
ported throttle body
upgraded clutch
Cobra internals: Not entirely sure what but he did have a lot of work done internally because he blew the motor once & He's running a tune from GTR Motorsports 5 speed but not sure what gears he's got though

I got a 02 camaro SS with
K&N fipk intake
Hooker headers
Kooks 3.5' ory to a lm2 cme
Untuned, 6 speed w/stock gears
Stock motor 141k got it at 119k it was babied it's whole life all stock garage queen I got a steal on it for 5k.

So this dude with the 2v has been a friend of mine for a while and knew I was faster than him. I guess he thought he'd be able to keep up and give me a run for my money, which I did believe he could to at least 3rd. After that he'd be looking at me pull away. Anyway, he was calling me out for a race so we met up. I have pretty toasted tires, so I told him let's do a 30 roll. So we did.

On the 3rd honk I pulled hard and right away I got him, not even a race! Put it this way, I didn't even need to get through all of 3rd before I was like at least 2 or 4 cars ahead of him. We did this 30 roll 2 more times and the same outcome happened. I was dusting him, lol!

Eventually, he was like, let's do a dig. My buddy is a good driver. He knows how to launch and row them gears pretty well, so I thought I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He should get me off the line, my 315 Toyo Proxes were roasted already - basically burnout tires. He was running pretty new Michelin Pilots, 285, but I was sure I would be able to reel him in if he did launch on me. But...

That wasn't the case! I hooked pretty decent and absolutely destroyed him. I didn't even see him at all neck or side to side with me off the gate lol. He was telling me **** bro your car is powerful, because I was chirping all my gears and fishtailed slightly going to 2nd, but muh ls1 was running deep as usual. I had to show this ol' mustang 2v lover that these ls1's don't play. Thought I'd share this nice kill with my fellow ls1 brothers

Last edited by Alopez96; 05-25-2016 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Hard to read one giant sentence lol Expected outcome though
Old 05-25-2016, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy run on sentence!
Old 05-25-2016, 10:56 AM
Teching In

Default Cmon y'all

My bad y'all I didn't have time to proofread my kill I was pretty sure y'all were just trying to hear a kill. I forgot the OG ls1tech members try to dissect every post! I'll be sure to use APA format next time.👌🏽
Old 05-25-2016, 10:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Alopez96
What's going on guys, my buddy's got a 99 2v mustang gt
straight pipe with bassani mufflers
bbk cai
ported throttle body
upgraded clutch
Cobra internals: Not entirely sure what but he did have a lot of work done internally because he blew the motor once & He's running a tune from GTR Motorsports 5 speed but not sure what gears he's got though

I got a 02 camaro SS with
K&N fipk intake
Hooker headers
Kooks 3.5' ory to a lm2 cme
Untuned, 6 speed w/stock gears
Stock motor 141k got it at 119k it was babied it's whole life all stock garage queen I got a steal on it for 5k.

So this dude with the 2v has been a friend of mine for a while and knew I was faster than him. I guess he thought he'd be able to keep up and give me a run for my money, which I did believe he could to at least 3rd. After that he'd be looking at me pull away. Anyway, he was calling me out for a race so we met up. I have pretty toasted tires, so I told him let's do a 30 roll. So we did.

On the 3rd honk I pulled hard and right away I got him, not even a race! Put it this way, I didn't even need to get through all of 3rd before I was like at least 2 or 4 cars ahead of him. We did this 30 roll 2 more times and the same outcome happened. I was dusting him, lol!

Eventually, he was like, let's do a dig. My buddy is a good driver. He knows how to launch and row them gears pretty well, so I thought I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He should get me off the line, my 315 Toyo Proxes were roasted already - basically burnout tires. He was running pretty new Michelin Pilots, 285, but I was sure I would be able to reel him in if he did launch on me. But...

That wasn't the case! I hooked pretty decent and absolutely destroyed him. I didn't even see him at all neck or side to side with me off the gate lol. He was telling me **** bro your car is powerful, because I was chirping all my gears and fishtailed slightly going to 2nd, but muh ls1 was running deep as usual. I had to show this ol' mustang 2v lover that these ls1's don't play. Thought I'd share this nice kill with my fellow ls1 brothers 😎
Well I tried my best, but it's still pretty hard to read.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:39 AM
Staging Lane

Nice kill, ls1 was the superior car of that Era. And still today is holding its own pretty good.
I would be interested to know what his internals are, did he do it for strength or was there a bump in compression as well.
Thanks for sharing
Old 05-25-2016, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kill! The 2v can't compare to a ls1!
Old 05-25-2016, 11:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

No shock here. Would take a 4.10 gear, LT headers, and a tune to even come close. Good kill.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

A few years back I owned a full bolt on, cammed, geared, and tuned 04 gt. It made 285 rwhp n/a, and 400 rwhp on a 100 shot. Even on the 100 shot it was a driver's race with a cammed LS1, and n/a only a tiny bit faster than a bone stock LS1. It's sounded fantastic but it took all those mods to do what it did lol
Old 05-25-2016, 12:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
A few years back I owned a full bolt on, cammed, geared, and tuned 04 gt. It made 285 rwhp n/a, and 400 rwhp on a 100 shot. Even on the 100 shot it was a driver's race with a cammed LS1, and n/a only a tiny bit faster than a bone stock LS1. It's sounded fantastic but it took all those mods to do what it did lol
Ya they really are beautifully sounding cars but don't seem to run to hard. There are quite a few by me, I'm assuming exhaust only, and they sound damn nice.

They don't seem to wanna leave me alone lol so every once in a while I literally put 5 bus lengths on them, chat a bit at the next red light, then they are never to be seen again lol. I'm not bashing them but they all are way young and pretty green, always asking me if I have Cam's, as in plural lol, and they think I have around 500 hp.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice job Adam. Glad to see my parts are doing well for you
Old 05-25-2016, 12:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A
Ya they really are beautifully sounding cars but don't seem to run to hard. There are quite a few by me, I'm assuming exhaust only, and they sound damn nice.

They don't seem to wanna leave me alone lol so every once in a while I literally put 5 bus lengths on them, chat a bit at the next red light, then they are never to be seen again lol. I'm not bashing them but they all are way young and pretty green, always asking me if I have Cam's, as in plural lol, and they think I have around 500 hp.
Yeah maybe its just me, but I've noticed a lot of 2 valve owners wanting to race anything and everything lol. Maybe it's because they figure what do they have to lose since they're the underdog anyways. Who knows lol

But yes they had a certain sound and tone that was awesome IMO. I also have to say the fit and finish was a little better than my Camaro too.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I've noticed that a lot of 2v owners are younger kids who think they're the fastest thing on 4 wheels because they have a MUSTANG(bro) and because its a v8 with a throaty catback
Old 05-25-2016, 01:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick.H
I've noticed that a lot of 2v owners are younger kids who think they're the fastest thing on 4 wheels because they have a MUSTANG(bro) and because its a v8 with a throaty catback
That's what it is like around here. I'm constantly getting revved at by them, or they will do a wot pass to make sure I see them and they will sound good but literally go nowhere lol.

I have talked to a couple of them after quick runs and I would guess they were 17-20 years old.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

2v are poop.

Good run
Old 05-25-2016, 02:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Haha guys this has been my experience too! Funny enough I have a buddy just like this! He has a cammed auto 2v that he's been barking up my tree about! He thinks that our cars are evenly matched.... Then he said it's a drivers race... He said digs only but never wants to run. Lol he really thinks he can beat me with his cammed 2v. When he finally runs I'll post a video! He is betting money he'll beat me N/A cam only....
Old 05-25-2016, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good kill, man! I had a feeling it was going to be bad.
I do not think the 2V is going to give you the competition you want though. I think Ford used the 2V as its entry level "performance" car. I think they intended for the N/A B-Head 4V Cobras to be their more preferred performance car and then later on the N/A C-Head 4V and Supercharged version.
imho
Old 05-25-2016, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

lol @ OP
Old 05-25-2016, 05:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Maybe your ls1 wants a piece of my lil ole 4.6
Old 05-25-2016, 05:08 PM
Teching In