Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2015 5.0 vs camaro 5th gen 1le

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 12:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast02Z06
Sorry bud but ALL 5g's fail lmfao. Try again, or better yet go get a real car that is actually fast, hence why I ditched my 5g after less than a year and stepped up to a v wagon and C6Z (yes at the same time). Sold those and now in a C7Z. Who is really having failures? You still drive a slow, heavy *** 5g.
Must be nice! I don't consider the 1LE a failure or slow at all, it's the best all around car I have ever owned. And I have owned many.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

They feel slow. As do a lot of the newer cars. The sense of speed etc is dumbed down with better build quality, more rigid chassis and quieter cabin. Also weight.

It sure wasn't slow when my 5g was bolt on at 435rwhp it beat my buddies 2000 z with torquer cam and tsp 5.3 heads. If you would have asked me my prediction before the race I was expecting a spanking. Only after my car was making 500 rwhp did it feel as fast as a 420 rwhp 4th gen.

The sense of speed in the 6g is improved over the 5g but still doesn't feel as wild as a 4g IMO.
Old 08-21-2016, 03:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

that E85 and tune must make a big difference, back when i had my 14" 5.0 it was tune only and i got a race with my buddies 5G 1le his only mods being a catback (so basically stock), from a dig i got him by about 2 lengths ,
Old 08-21-2016, 06:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

As expected. Good race
Old 08-21-2016, 07:50 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
They feel slow. As do a lot of the newer cars. The sense of speed etc is dumbed down with better build quality, more rigid chassis and quieter cabin. Also weight.

It sure wasn't slow when my 5g was bolt on at 435rwhp it beat my buddies 2000 z with torquer cam and tsp 5.3 heads. If you would have asked me my prediction before the race I was expecting a spanking. Only after my car was making 500 rwhp did it feel as fast as a 420 rwhp 4th gen.

The sense of speed in the 6g is improved over the 5g but still doesn't feel as wild as a 4g IMO.
I've yanked 3 cam only 4th gens (one of them a 6.0) and all I have is headers, cai, and tune. I lost to a cai, exhaust, tune on 110 octane LS3 C6 by 2 cars. Had I been on race gas it would have been pretty close... The fif gens can move out better than most people think when they have the right owner.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:09 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Dimeomboost
i do the two guys that owned the ones sitting at rpm motorsports in garner nc. the white one had no motor said they made 740 with a cai but at 3600 miles the bottom end cut loose ouch also the blue one ate the bottom end at 11k miles stock and had trans vibration whatever that meant
LT4 FTW!
Originally Posted by badformulaLS1
I've yanked 3 cam only 4th gens (one of them a 6.0) and all I have is headers, cai, and tune. I lost to a cai, exhaust, tune on 110 octane LS3 C6 by 2 cars. Had I been on race gas it would have been pretty close... The fif gens can move out better than most people think when they have the right owner.
It's all about the owner
Old 08-21-2016, 08:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by usnfenix
that E85 and tune must make a big difference, back when i had my 14" 5.0 it was tune only and i got a race with my buddies 5G 1le his only mods being a catback (so basically stock), from a dig i got him by about 2 lengths ,
if that car has an NPP option cat backs are useless on 5th gens.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
if that car has an NPP option cat backs are useless on 5th gens.
True. Pretty much just mild weight savings at that point. Maybe a touch more sound. Pretty useless for the money IMO
Old 08-21-2016, 01:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedFuryZ28
Dayum...1 mod 5th gen was starting to pull the 3 mod br0 up top!

Most of the br0s seem to be avoiding this thread.
Hmm... I find it interested that an E85 tune on the SS now only counts as 1 mod, when for the longest time, the GM guys have been saying E85 on my car is 2 mods.. tune + e85... interesting.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

BTW,

Good run Bambino
Old 08-21-2016, 07:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by navyblueSS
Must be nice! I don't consider the 1LE a failure or slow at all, it's the best all around car I have ever owned. And I have owned many.
They are not bad cars at all and I certainly did not intend to insult anybody. I just am not a fan of 5g's and owned one. I just took it a little personal at Zyborgs ridiculous pointless rants. Tbh 100% honest a 392, 1le and 5.0 (stock) are all three heavy hitters and each one shines in it's own way. imho the br0 is the slightly better performer straight line wise performance wise. I have said it once and I'll say it again, Once modded it comes down to who has the deepest pockets.

I have heard some of the br0 bs too (my 3 mod br0 can take a headers exhaust ls3 vette, 6g etc) Grant it **** happens on the street but on here most of the br0 guys are not with that and when it comes to the 5g vs br0 (around here) certain individuals won't let the truth go and sound delusional with their arguments. I love American muscle f*** the name tag it wears. Gm, Ford, or Mopar are not putting a penny in my pocket to promote their product nor are they signing my paycheck. I just don't get the brand loyalty on here by "those individuals" smh.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are not bad cars at all and I certainly did not intend to insult anybody. I just am not a fan of 5g's and owned one. I just took it a little personal at Zyborgs ridiculous pointless rants. Tbh 100% honest a 392, 1le and 5.0 (stock) are all three heavy hitters and each one shines in it's own way. imho the br0 is the slightly better performer straight line wise performance wise. I have said it once and I'll say it again, Once modded it comes down to who has the deepest pockets.

I have heard some of the br0 bs too (my 3 mod br0 can take a headers exhaust ls3 vette, 6g etc) Grant it **** happens on the street but on here most of the br0 guys are not with that and when it comes to the 5g vs br0 (around here) certain individuals won't let the truth go and sound delusional with their arguments. I love American muscle f*** the name tag it wears. Gm, Ford, or Mopar are not putting a penny in my pocket to promote their product nor are they signing my paycheck. I just don't get the brand loyalty on here by "those individuals" smh.
InB4ZyborgCallsYouAButthurtPansyDuringOneOfHisButt hurtRants
Old 08-21-2016, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Sorry bud but ALL 5g's fail lmfao. Try again, or better yet go get a real car that is actually fast, hence why I ditched my 5g after less than a year... You still drive a slow, heavy *** 5g.
You are an inconsistent butthurt pansy.

Last edited by ZYBORG; 08-21-2016 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
Maybe so but I still got way more money than you and a faster car than your turd. Sucks to be you dude.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Oh ****, just got real.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
His bf probably went in dry.
Maybe so but I still got way more money than you and a faster car than your turd. Sucks to be you dude.
This statement proves ***.......even more so than picking a car base on a hole in the roof.

Good run bambino! Looks like 5gens are,as competitive as I've been saying.

Zyborg winning another thread.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:38 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

This statement proves ***.......even more so than picking a car base on a hole in the roof.

Hio's crew.....winning threads in which their side lost since racing became more about "being competitive" and than about winning races.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

Your ignorant trailerpark hillbilly *** is not even worth my time. Keep sucking on gm's dick. You are just mad that pop won the race with Phil still proving the br0 is the superior car. Why don't you and zyborg try to attempt to be less ignorant.

Ppl like you 2 make me despise owning a gm car. Btw can you come with something else than some gay **** lmfao. Still obsessed with me I see dude but you are not my type sorry.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your ignorant trailerpark hillbilly *** is not even worth my time. Keep sucking on gm's dick. You are just mad that pop won the race with Phil still proving the br0 is the superior car. Why don't you and zyborg try to attempt to be less ignorant.

Ppl like you 2 make me despise owning a gm car. Btw can you come with something else than some gay **** lmfao. Still obsessed with me I see dude but you are not my type sorry.
I think Hio wants to give you a tug, dude.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

And yes hio I did buy a car based on a sunroof you ******* retarded baffoon. My 16 Z06 has a targa top too, oh and so does my 2016 platinum tundra, and my G8. Wtf does a f***ng moonroof has to do with the price of tea in China? You really are pathetic guy lol. At least I can afford to opt for moonroofs haha

Quick Reply: 2015 5.0 vs camaro 5th gen 1le