Old 11-04-2016, 09:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 357 Likes on 248 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Nitrous > Boost
Old 11-04-2016, 10:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

my nitrous truck is my dd and my turbo truck stays put up for nice weather and good road conditions so i prefer nitrous for dd and toys because my turbo truck is actually work to drive if i dont want to kill myself and keep it on the road its way way faster tho
Old 11-04-2016, 11:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

So which one of Jakes haters is going to race him after he optimizes his setup?
Old 11-04-2016, 12:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I wish I lived closer to all the action I would be game to meet up with a lot of you guys, for racing or not
Old 11-04-2016, 12:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nick.H
I wish I lived closer to all the action I would be game to meet up with a lot of you guys, for racing or not
yeah im the same i see poppa a lot during racing season but we have had several failed attempts at a north carolina meet up tgis year but im moving back to texas so hopefully have more action. when fast02 gets his back together with a blower id like to try and meet up with him and show him why he should have went turbo instead
Old 11-04-2016, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

LS1Tech 10 Year

Nitrous>turbo
Blower + nitrous > all
Old 11-04-2016, 01:04 PM
TECH Regular

Nitrous>turbo
Blower + nitrous > all
jesus man u must be a glutten for punishment blower cars suck for the money they cost and nitrous has tore up more **** than about any power adder even with a good tune its eventually going to break simething plus always pulling spark plugs and tweaking the tune. so a blower that costs as much as a turbo setup that performs under par most times then adding nitrous which is expensive also plus the tune needs to be spot on using both together unless its under 75 shot at take off but then its the cost of both just to compete with a turbo that was in the end cheaper and easier if u can do small amounts of fab work or u can buy beer for those that do
Old 11-04-2016, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd hang out with Nick H.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

LS1Tech 10 Year

I prefer the power delivery. I also don't like all the turbo hype because in my experience they don't live up to it. Turbo timers suck too. Everybody I know who had a turbo car no longer has a car because it are their **** up lol. Just my experiences, I love me some pd blowers and nawzzz. Turbos are cool I guess, but all the dick riders make it hard to get behind. (I'm not implying that you are, I just know way too many)
Old 11-04-2016, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I'd hang out with Nick H.
My ninja
Old 11-04-2016, 01:17 PM
TECH Regular

I prefer the power delivery. I also don't like all the turbo hype because in my experience they don't live up to it. Turbo timers suck too. Everybody I know who had a turbo car no longer has a car because it are their **** up lol. Just my experiences, I love me some pd blowers and nawzzz. Turbos are cool I guess, but all the dick riders make it hard to get behind. (I'm not implying that you are, I just know way too many)

u have valid point on the turbo ls bandwagon with lots of half *** built junkyard grenades waiting to oil down the track and the only blower car i ever owned while not thenonly one ive rode in was a 04 gt with a im guessing was a saleen blower it wasnt mine it was my wifes she loved it i felt like it was a pos with no ***** after 40mph so it kinda made me sour towards the blower scene and nitrous blew up after the whole fast and furious **** came out so i went turbo and then so did every ****** body else
Old 11-04-2016, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

Nitrous>turbo
Blower + nitrous > all

Pushing buttons or twisting the **** on a boost controller is better than changing jets, filling bottles, and fighting with fuel distribution or fighting belt slip and crank snout/front main bearing wear. I have owned cars with all three at one time or another. You can go fast with any of them but in my experience turbo>all. The instant hit of spray is addictive though.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 357 Likes on 248 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Dimeomboost
jesus man u must be a glutten for punishment blower cars suck for the money they cost and nitrous has tore up more **** than about any power adder even with a good tune its eventually going to break simething plus always pulling spark plugs and tweaking the tune. so a blower that costs as much as a turbo setup that performs under par most times then adding nitrous which is expensive also plus the tune needs to be spot on using both together unless its under 75 shot at take off but then its the cost of both just to compete with a turbo that was in the end cheaper and easier if u can do small amounts of fab work or u can buy beer for those that do
Stand alone fuel cell with 120+ octane = problem solved.

Turbo's have more than there fair share of popped motors also.
Old 11-04-2016, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A

This! If I spray mine it will be a standalone with RF.
Old 11-04-2016, 03:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Few things:

1) I can be a man and admit when I am wrong, I predicted Jake wouldn't show and he did. Props.

2) Good runs, Cwarta drove 7 hours just to give this forum some entertainment since nobody has seen Jake's car run, mighty selfless of him.

3) Jake's car isn't slow, but he's definitely not putting 3 busses on an 11.6 car from 0-100 or whatever he claimed.

4) Would love to see Jake's car at a track.
Old 11-04-2016, 03:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A

for sure they do i had several friends blowing them up when switching to e85 befire we really knew how to tune for it but i feel like and this is just my opinion that my parts dont break as often with the turbo mostly like rearends and axles and driveshafts and trannys. mostly i think due to the boost being progressive style on mine not maybe everyones of course. but my nitrous sheared several ring and pinions as well as transmission and lots of damn u joints i used to keep three u joints in the tool box ive more than omce had to change u joints at the track between passes before i just kept a spare driveshaft in the trailer ready to go. if u figure 20 bottles of juice at 45$ each thats the cost of a turbo another 20 bottles is everything else so its all in preference thats all
Old 11-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by snake95
Few things:

1) I can be a man and admit when I am wrong, I predicted Jake wouldn't show and he did. Props.

2) Good runs, Cwarta drove 7 hours just to give this forum some entertainment since nobody has seen Jake's car run, mighty selfless of him.

3) Jake's car isn't slow, but he's definitely not putting 3 busses on an 11.6 car from 0-100 or whatever he claimed.

4) Would love to see Jake's car at a track.
Thanks Snakeypoo! I predicted you would still be salty like Nate. So thanks.

And I put 3 CARS, not buses, on a catfish from 0 to 90 and was pulling away hard. He ran 11.6 @ 116 last year, but this year he was only running 12.0-12.1 @ 114mph. Which is sad because he has a 370 LQ with ms4 cam, 227 prc heads, FAST 90, 4000 stall, 3.73's and FBO with drag pack. And other WR I believe.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

What a turd
Old 11-04-2016, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

LS1Tech 10 Year

I hope my LQ9 does better than that
Old 11-07-2016, 08:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dimeomboost
Did you get my PM?

Quick Reply: Cwarta VS RedFuryZ28