Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

FENIX vs Shelby GT500

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 08:15 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
Here it is in a frame by frame for you Hio. Are you telling me that he didn't jump? Gravity just made his car squat before the light came on or what? I literally just clicked frame to frame it's not hard to do...
Manny jumped in that vid, IIRC I called that when the vid was first posted on SRK.

Almost cut a perfect light, almost.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:43 AM
7 Second Club

Manny when he moves up to a vette...

Old 10-28-2016, 09:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay z28
If the GT500 driver could clearly see the fingers counting, why would he start honking?

Manny didn't jump based on his count, I never said he did. Just that he went before the GT500 was ready. Pretty easy to see that from the vid.
Ok....it's street racing **** happens. Those cars seemed close enough whoever got the hit was gonna win. What's the big deal?
Old 10-28-2016, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One jumped and one didn't. Jump is a loss in street racing unless if "chase is a race" comes into play.

All comes down to personal interpretation. Fenix damn near cut a freaking perfect light.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
1.You brought up the drag strip.

2.Looks like the suspension loaded but the car hadn't moved.......my bet is the you stopped there because the next frame the flashlight was on. That's what hillary woulda done to. Thanks for proving me right on the perfect light that Fenix cut. You could've easily ran off several frames but you didn't.

3.You guys are really reaching here to get the coyote the win. Fact is he could've gave the coyote the hit and still drove around him
You brought up drag strip lights.....i ****** clarified it for you. That simple. Why did you even bring them up in a street race?
1. You keep back tracking. I know your just trying to look like your not wrong because you can't be this stupid... I said I would hold my brake lights on while racing someone at the track to get the win. To your logic that would be fine.

You cam back and replied some common sense about leaving on the third light of the tree to try and sound smart..

So first you say I brought up drag strip lights.. I prove that wrong (it was you) and now it's "I brought up the drag strip" lol. You knew exactly what the point was and you keep dancing around it. You do not always go off a tree at the drag stip. Yes I brought up the drag strip. It does not change the outcome...

2. So why does the suspension unload? Usually because you mash it and start to let off the brake lol. Car moved before the light was on. In a street race when the car moves and the light is not lite that is a JUMP and you loose.. Everyone understands this, but you..

He anticipated that the light was coming on because the guy brought the light up and he took off. If the light would not have been turned on when he took off he would have looked like a dumbass..

3. You keep trying to make this point, but it's Ford and Chevy guys in here all arguing the same fact. I don't think most give a **** that he had the faster car. The point is he jumps. Try to keep up.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:06 AM
10 Second Club

I will also add in college I got in an argument with a cocky 5th gen owner (when they were new and all the hype). He said no way my little 99 Bolt-on Z28 would keep up with his brand new 2010 SS. So we put $300 bucks on it and went out on the back roads that night.

A **** load of people end up showing up and he has his friend get-out and do the light.. I have never seen such a fast reaction to a light as his, but there was no vid to prove he jumped... Luckily I was quick off the light as well and my 3800 stalled auto quickly took his jump away and I cam around him and put about 5 cars on him lol.

He was so furious I still beat him after the race we all go and stop ahead to settle the bet and the guy just does a burnout and takes off with the $. He even leaves his friend behind that did the light for us.

After a lot of arguing with the huge group of people come to find out his friend gave him a signal before the light came on so he knew right when to go.

Long story short nearly everyone there starts calling him out wanting to beat his *** for not paying and he finally showed up and paid lol.
Old 10-28-2016, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

Ok....it's street racing **** happens. Those cars seemed close enough whoever got the hit was gonna win. What's the big deal?
That's a good question. Why are you making such a big deal out of this? All I did was explain why the 2nd race was so much closer than the first race (they both had an even start on the 2nd run). Then you came in defending Manny, like he was your little brother or something.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Even if you rock back and forth at the line, that's a loss where I'm from. My buddy lost $500 because of that same scenario. His car squatted 1 frame before the light came on. It was a loss
Old 10-30-2016, 08:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
One jumped and one didn't. Jump is a loss in street racing unless if "chase is a race" comes into play.

All comes down to personal interpretation. Fenix damn near cut a freaking perfect light.
Well it sure turned into a chase is a race.
Originally Posted by sweet99ss
1. You keep back tracking. I know your just trying to look like your not wrong because you can't be this stupid... I said I would hold my brake lights on while racing someone at the track to get the win. To your logic that would be fine.

You cam back and replied some common sense about leaving on the third light of the tree to try and sound smart..

So first you say I brought up drag strip lights.. I prove that wrong (it was you) and now it's "I brought up the drag strip" lol. You knew exactly what the point was and you keep dancing around it. You do not always go off a tree at the drag stip. Yes I brought up the drag strip. It does not change the outcome...

2. So why does the suspension unload? Usually because you mash it and start to let off the brake lol. Car moved before the light was on. In a street race when the car moves and the light is not lite that is a JUMP and you loose.. Everyone understands this, but you..

He anticipated that the light was coming on because the guy brought the light up and he took off. If the light would not have been turned on when he took off he would have looked like a dumbass..

3. You keep trying to make this point, but it's Ford and Chevy guys in here all arguing the same fact. I don't think most give a **** that he had the faster car. The point is he jumps. Try to keep up.
Actually it's not back tracking.....it's reiterating.

Still no proof of a jump. The car has to roll for a jump. The suspension can move before the car moves....besides it's not unloading. It's loading. I've seen the the rear end of many cars moving when the suspension gets loaded.

The point was he didn't jump. Jp's vids proved that. It's ******* street racing man...sometimes reaction are not the same do to not hearing beeps. ...funktified beeps....not seeing the count.....auto trans downshifts. Lots of ****. I seen nothing there that shows he's the blatant jumper you guys are trying to say. I mean **** it's not like automach where he jumps and lets out early. The races posted are all races that played out with acceptable results.
Originally Posted by Jay z28
That's a good question. Why are you making such a big deal out of this? All I did was explain why the 2nd race was so much closer than the first race (they both had an even start on the 2nd run). Then you came in defending Manny, like he was your little brother or something.
I'm not you guys are.....you can't stand tgat he flat drug the **** out if a coyote. do you cause bs. Fact is he coulda gave the coyote the hit and still drove around him.

Personally i think the car needs to roll. Some cars get separation in the fenderwell some can squat before the car ever moves. That doesn't mean a jump. The angle of that recording can't prove ****.

Now he was playing with fire there.....but that light is as perfect as it gets.
Originally Posted by Nick.H
Even if you rock back and forth at the line, that's a loss where I'm from. My buddy lost $500 because of that same scenario. His car squatted 1 frame before the light came on. It was a loss
So are you saying these turbo cars that bump in but are still rocking a little are all losing?

I've seen that happen lots of times.

NO BODY WINS!
Old 10-30-2016, 10:13 AM
7 Second Club

...Personally i think the car needs to roll. Some cars get separation in the fenderwell some can squat before the car ever moves. That doesn't mean a jump. The angle of that recording can't prove ****.

Now he was playing with fire there.....but that light is as perfect as it gets....
Move is a move in a street race and he nearly cut a perfect light, he jumped.
Old 10-30-2016, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hio obviously doesn't proof read what he types. Always trying to justify incorrect theories making himself look like a ******* idiot.

Fenix jumped. Maybe you should suck his dick too, Hio?
Old 10-30-2016, 11:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JC316
Be a great argument if I was a ford owner. Actually, it wouldn't be, because the evidence is pretty clear. He jumped on the GT500.

He jumped on this 5.0L. 32 seconds in, his car is squatting before the light ever came on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fBrPXTROQ4

He jumps at 2.5 on three different cars in this one...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iFnSPFlMaY
So you wait until you see the green light on at the drag strip before you take off or do you start when you see the 3 yellow light come on the tree?
Old 10-30-2016, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

Well it sure turned into a chase is a race.

Actually it's not back tracking.....it's reiterating.

Still no proof of a jump. The car has to roll for a jump. The suspension can move before the car moves....besides it's not unloading. It's loading. I've seen the the rear end of many cars moving when the suspension gets loaded.

The point was he didn't jump. Jp's vids proved that. It's ******* street racing man...sometimes reaction are not the same do to not hearing beeps. ...funktified beeps....not seeing the count.....auto trans downshifts. Lots of ****. I seen nothing there that shows he's the blatant jumper you guys are trying to say. I mean **** it's not like automach where he jumps and lets out early. The races posted are all races that played out with acceptable results.

I'm not you guys are.....you can't stand tgat he flat drug the **** out if a coyote. do you cause bs. Fact is he coulda gave the coyote the hit and still drove around him.

Personally i think the car needs to roll. Some cars get separation in the fenderwell some can squat before the car ever moves. That doesn't mean a jump. The angle of that recording can't prove ****.

Now he was playing with fire there.....but that light is as perfect as it gets.

So are you saying these turbo cars that bump in but are still rocking a little are all losing?

I've seen that happen lots of times.

NO BODY WINS!
No, once they've been bumped in. If they're moving at all after that it's a loss. His car began to move before the light was on, that's a loss.
Old 10-30-2016, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by "MAC"
So you wait until you see the green light on at the drag strip before you take off or do you start when you see the 3 yellow light come on the tree?
Is there a full tree on the streets? No? Didn't think so. There's only one light. It's either on or it's not.
Old 10-30-2016, 05:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by "MAC"
OMG. Have you read anything in the thread? I literally shake my head when I see you post because I know something stupid is about to be said lol..
Old 03-06-2017, 10:27 AM
Banned

There is a new model of the GT500, it looks awesome http://www.2018carmodels.com/ford/20...-shelby-gt500/
Old 03-06-2017, 10:30 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Heard Fenix gapped that one too.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:36 AM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

People still wishing for a 2018 GT500. Idiots.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:47 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
People still wishing for a 2018 GT500. Idiots.
Why are they idiots?
Old 03-06-2017, 12:52 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Because it's highly unlikely. 2018 models will hit the streets in 8 months or so. That means they'll start building them in large quantities in 4-5 months. Which means the 2018 GT500 R&D needs to be mostly finalized right about nowish.

Quick Reply: FENIX vs Shelby GT500