Old 12-15-2016, 06:07 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Fox with a SBC on one kit.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
They don't gain big. I've seen 13-30 hp depending on brand/dyno/tuner with 91-93. But it was only a grand shipped with connection pipes. That's a cheap mod these days on this car lol . And it will sound more better. Will be better when I cam.

E85 isn't everywhere around me but a couple places within a half hour have it.
I remember the good days of 300.00 long tube tho

You are kind of like me... I Have a station about 25mins from me and another about an hr from me... not alot of locations. I would not run E85 at all if it weren't for the flex fuel capability.

Originally Posted by Dimeomboost
should be at least me and u from North Carolina maybe others plus the girls car may be rdy by then
Sweet. Hope everything works out and I can make the trip.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sw07gt
Fox with a SBC on one kit.
should be fun then I haven't ran a foxbody yet on my setup I'm running now
Old 12-15-2016, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have tuned my own car from day one. Tim turned on my E85 and got it set up for me. I continue to tune my own car. Tim has my tunes now from the track day so he can set up anyone's car with the same mods with the same tunes.

I also just tested my ported IM against an MSD on a cammed car and it didn't fare well for the MSD anywhere. I am going to back to back them possibly tomorrow on my car and see what happens. I think there was an issue with the cam install and the car is not in the right condition to make an absolute judgment on which manifold is better right now so I will keep it close hold for now. I am asking them to tear the car back apart and check the cam timing to ensure it was installed properly before we test again.

Is a converter considered a bolt on? That is a serious question. Where are we limiting the "bolt on" deal? Only if you have to remove the heads or dig into the short it isn't a bolt on anymore. A converter seems like quite a bit of labor and not easily removable like most of the other bolt ons.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sw07gt
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71618

3,640 lbs. Very race car. Faster than any NA LT1 car. Stfu.
That thing is pretty bad ***. Well sorted out for sure. I am not sure even at that weight if I could get there with just adding a converter, LT's, dumping the muffler and real E85. I just don't think mine had it in it from the factory to begin with. Job well done. Kudos to that guy.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pray
That thing is pretty bad ***. Well sorted out for sure. I am not sure even at that weight if I could get there with just adding a converter, LT's, dumping the muffler and real E85. I just don't think mine had it in it from the factory to begin with. Job well done. Kudos to that guy.
I like your attitude. Seem like a true car guy.....thats unheard of here.....these guys think all Fords are complete failure's. BTW- props to you and your cat. Keep at it.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Don't forget suspension.

And it's a lot more than just real e85. Google ftw purple. You'd gain another 20-30 hp over regular e85. Especially considering how much it loves regular e85 in the first place. From my research gains are ~ 20 hp on the average na motor. Over regular e85. And it better be for the price.

But yeah it's impressive. I'll never take my car that far until it's value has bottomed out
Old 12-15-2016, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by corysmach1
I like your attitude. Seem like a true car guy.....thats unheard of here.....these guys think all Fords are complete failure's. BTW- props to you and your cat. Keep at it.
Yep. Its hard for most people to be humble. He has been saying his car was slow from day 1.

Why don't you call people out on the opposite end of the spectrum?

For holding true car guys in such high regard you sure don't seem to call a spade a spade in all instances.

And yeah...you are going to get a bit of bias against ford here. Its ls1tech. You are fighting an uphill battle every time. Just like on a mustang forum against chevy. A lot of other forums don't even allow open discussion like we have all the time. I was banned form mustang6g in about 3 days. For doing nothing more than saying I believed the Camaro would lose 200 lbs and probably run 11s stock. And posting back with productive conversation no bashing. boom I was gone.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Yep. Its hard for most people to be humble. He has been saying his car was slow from day 1.

Why don't you call people out on the opposite end of the spectrum?

For holding true car guys in such high regard you sure don't seem to call a spade a spade in all instances.

And yeah...you are going to get a bit of bias against ford here. Its ls1tech. You are fighting an uphill battle every time. Just like on a mustang forum against chevy. A lot of other forums don't even allow open discussion like we have all the time. I was banned form mustang6g in about 3 days. For doing nothing more than saying I believed the Camaro would lose 200 lbs and probably run 11s stock. And posting back with productive conversation no bashing. boom I was gone.
How don't I? I give compliments on here all the time. Im here because I truely love lsx cars.....plus it's my competition. The 6 Gen Camaro is a badass car from the factory. All you read on here is the Yote is a gutless turd. Needs to rev to move. Needs gutted to move. Needs FTW fuel bla bla. A C6z has been one of my favorite cars since they came out. Also absolutely love C5z's. So there ya go man.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

How don't I? I give compliments on here all the time. Im here because I truely love lsx cars.....plus it's my competition. The 6 Gen Camaro is a badass car from the factory. All you read on here is the Yote is a gutless turd. Needs to rev to move. Needs gutted to move. Needs FTW fuel bla bla. A C6z has been one of my favorite cars since they came out. Also absolutely love C5z's. So there ya go man.
Not exactly what I was saying but that's something I suppose
Old 12-15-2016, 10:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

I have tuned my own car from day one. Tim turned on my E85 and got it set up for me. I continue to tune my own car. Tim has my tunes now from the track day so he can set up anyone's car with the same mods with the same tunes.

I also just tested my ported IM against an MSD on a cammed car and it didn't fare well for the MSD anywhere. I am going to back to back them possibly tomorrow on my car and see what happens. I think there was an issue with the cam install and the car is not in the right condition to make an absolute judgment on which manifold is better right now so I will keep it close hold for now. I am asking them to tear the car back apart and check the cam timing to ensure it was installed properly before we test again.

Is a converter considered a bolt on? That is a serious question. Where are we limiting the "bolt on" deal? Only if you have to remove the heads or dig into the short it isn't a bolt on anymore. A converter seems like quite a bit of labor and not easily removable like most of the other bolt ons.
My bad I misread and thought you meant he did all your tuning.

Was the MSD ported also? If so, your ported IM is a very impressive piece.

Yes, converter is a bolt-on. My rule of thumb for bolt-ons is if the motor is original and factory sealed with no power adders, of course, you'll leave them with nothing to complain about.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:07 PM
Teching In

Not exactly what I was saying but that's something I suppose
Explain?
Old 12-15-2016, 10:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would consider a converter the same type mod as a clutch. Doesn't really fall within the bolton realm, but who cares what other think. BTW, my buddy Brian has talked with you or/and Tim.. he is planning on going with the flex setup, tune etc.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

converter is classified as a bolt-on.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

I will admit the 5.0's do get a **** ton of hate on here though. Cory you, assisinator, mach, V8 eater, and a few more are like me (just love badass American muscle) but there are others on here that go to the opposite extreme. If someone brings up a valid point and back it up I honor that. However just coming on here and bashing a particular brand be it 5.0 or 5g, or whatever is not cool. All cars are going to have their strong points and weak points. Like I always stated it was a tough call when I got the 6g because I was 85% sold on that 16 silver 5.0 with the stage 2 blower and exhaust from factory. I am fairly sure I would have been just as happy with it as I am with my 6g.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Fast02Z06
I will admit the 5.0's do get a **** ton of hate on here though. Cory you, assisinator, mach, V8 eater, and a few more are like me (just love badass American muscle) but there are others on here that go to the opposite extreme. If someone brings up a valid point and back it up I honor that. However just coming on here and bashing a particular brand be it 5.0 or 5g, or whatever is not cool. All cars are going to have their strong points and weak points. Like I always stated it was a tough call when I got the 6g because I was 85% sold on that 16 silver 5.0 with the stage 2 blower and exhaust from factory. I am fairly sure I would have been just as happy with it as I am with my 6g.
Yes they are hated hardcore on here. I agree with ya on all that.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Explain?
You know what I meant. But I guess ill say it anyway.

You don't come across as an all brands guy in most instances. Especially when push comes to shove.

You defend a ford every time over GM.

You never call out any of the trolling from the ford side. You can dish it out but cant take it very well. Expecting coyote love on this forum is not realistic.

Don't really matter to me. I don't pretend to love ford. Im not a true enthusiast lol. (which is like saying you don't truly like football if you don't like all the teams) I don't hate them. But ill sure as hell never buy a mustang over a Camaro. If they quit making the Camaro again I would consider it no doubt.
Old 12-15-2016, 11:01 PM
Teching In

You know what I meant. But I guess ill say it anyway.

You don't come across as an all brands guy in most instances. Especially when push comes to shove.

You defend a ford every time over GM.

You never call out any of the trolling from the ford side. You can dish it out but cant take it very well. Expecting coyote love on this forum is not realistic.

Don't really matter to me. I don't pretend to love ford. Im not a true enthusiast lol. (which is like saying you don't truly like football if you don't like all the teams) I don't hate them. But ill sure as hell never buy a mustang over a Camaro. If they quit making the Camaro again I would consider it no doubt.
This proves you don't know me well lol. I hate on my car more than anybody. I've played both sides of the fence many times. I can hate on my car better than any troll I've ever seen on here or I can make that troll fighting mad in minutes. I can take heat very well but when I give it back the other guy melts. This is a GM world.....thats why I have a Mustang. I'll break it down for you....I like being different and I like being the underdog thats why I have a gutless Coyote.
Old 12-15-2016, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

This proves you don't know me well lol. I hate on my car more than anybody. I've played both sides of the fence many times. I can hate on my car better than any troll I've ever seen on here or I can make that troll fighting mad in minutes. I can take heat very well but when I give it back the other guy melts. This is a GM world.....thats why I have a Mustang. I'll break it down for you....I like being different and I like being the underdog thats why I have a gutless Coyote.
Fair enough. Guess you haven't proven some of this in my view
Old 12-15-2016, 11:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 466 Likes on 365 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

The 5br0s only get hate because of the bullshit that surrounds them. These guys act like $40/gal ftw fuel does nothing and they avoid pump gas like it's the plague. Sw posted that link of the 5br0 acting like ut was full weight......iguess he missed the vid of it showing the full tube suspension and race brakes. That's where mist if the issue is.

Don't sale yourself short pray........you are faster than all 5br0s right now mod 4 mod. The 5br0s used to like that term when dealing with 5gens.......they seem to avoid it with sexgens lol.

Quick Reply: LBO 16 SS goes 11.0@123