Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LBO 16 SS goes 11.0@123

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 12:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Fair enough. Guess you haven't proven some of this in my view
I just did. Lol. I like you though we will have fun at Milan....maybe after that you will have some respect for gutless Coyotes.

Doug-. It's $35 a gallon and some people can get it cheaper stop rounding up. Thats your #1 rule your being a hypocrite. Weight is a huge issue but wow does the Coyote do good when they get as light as the LS cars thats weird. FTW fuel absolutely works good....as much as you claim? No. Avoid Pump gas? I pump E85 into my car and it's cheaper. Stop hating....you can run any fuel you want so stop bitching. You say Faceplated trans and not using your clutch doesn't help at all soooooo......
Old 12-16-2016, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by corysmach1
I just did. Lol. I like you though we will have fun at Milan....maybe after that you will have some respect for gutless Coyotes.

Doug-. It's $35 a gallon and some people can get it cheaper stop rounding up. Thats your #1 rule your being a hypocrite. Weight is a huge issue but wow does the Coyote do good when they get as light as the LS cars thats weird. FTW fuel absolutely works good....as much as you claim? No. Avoid Pump gas? I pump E85 into my car and it's cheaper. Stop hating....you can run any fuel you want so stop bitching. You say Faceplated trans and not using your clutch doesn't help at all soooooo......
Never said they were gutless. I bet if we had the same mods you wouldn't be as confident though. I have in fact messed up some tune and tire 5.0 at my track. Maybe they will be there and I'll show you

From the pricing on the website it's about 50 a gallon for a 55 drum with shipping last I looked.

Not sure about the weight thing. Now that the s550 and 6g are both irs both similar weight it's a blowout stock vs stock. At this point full out yes the mustang has been faster.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:14 AM
Teching In

Never said they were gutless. I bet if we had the same mods you wouldn't be as confident though. I have in fact messed up some tune and tire 5.0 at my track. Maybe they will be there and I'll show you

From the pricing on the website it's about 50 a gallon for a 55 drum with shipping last I looked.

Not sure about the weight thing. Now that the s550 and 6g are both irs both similar weight it's a blowout stock vs stock. At this point full out yes the mustang has been faster.
Mods are mods....who's counting? Could go either way....I could also say with same mods as me you wouldn't be confident then again you do seem like the Typical GM guy thinking you will smash any Ford model for mod....am I wrong? On the fuel it's $175 at JPC....hefty shipping charge on top of that. I have a shop 2 hrs away that sells it cheaper. Not that I run it though.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just looked. It's 44 a gallon for 5 gal shipped. 30 for 55 gal drum. 1650 investment. That's some coin for fuel
Old 12-16-2016, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mods are mods....who's counting? Could go either way....I could also say with same mods as me you wouldn't be confident then again you do seem like the Typical GM guy thinking you will smash any Ford model for mod....am I wrong? On the fuel it's $175 at JPC....hefty shipping charge on top of that. I have a shop 2 hrs away that sells it cheaper. Not that I run it though.
Who's counting ? It's the cornerstone of the bro world. Mod for mod and bolt ons. I didn't start the fire... but this 6gen put it out lol

You already said that actually. You'd still be confident if I was heads/cam build.

Typical ford guy... like I said before
Old 12-16-2016, 12:57 AM
Teching In

Who's counting ? It's the cornerstone of the bro world. Mod for mod and bolt ons. I didn't start the fire... but this 6gen put it out lol

You already said that actually. You'd still be confident if I was heads/cam build.

Typical ford guy... like I said before
I can get the fuel cheaper but it's still absolutely ridiculously expensive. I personally think the A8 is the only thing saving you. I don't care about mod for mod I am not your typical Bro lol. Yes I do think if you went heads and cam my LBO small cams only Yote would shock you. Would I win? I don't know do heads and cam and let's find out. Digs and rolls? I'm game.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

I can get the fuel cheaper but it's still absolutely ridiculously expensive. I personally think the A8 is the only thing saving you. I don't care about mod for mod I am not your typical Bro lol. Yes I do think if you went heads and cam my LBO small cams only Yote would shock you. Would I win? I don't know do heads and cam and let's find out. Digs and rolls? I'm game.
At least I still have the stock transmission.

Cams and tranny=LBO . You're a bro to the core.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:11 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

No Doug I didn't miss it, 3600+ race weight. So heavier and faster than your car, similar weight any faster than any NA c7, all you all do is whine.
Old 12-16-2016, 05:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sxc Z28
My bad I misread and thought you meant he did all your tuning.

Was the MSD ported also? If so, your ported IM is a very impressive piece.

Yes, converter is a bolt-on. My rule of thumb for bolt-ons is if the motor is original and factory sealed with no power adders, of course, you'll leave them with nothing to complain about.
Tim is an extremely competent tuner. Better than me honestly all around and especially on the LT stuff. If you are going with a combo like mine and need mail order or a set up. He is the guy. I have been tuning the LS motors since 04' and have had some great successes with my builds. The LT base hasn't interested me until now and honestly still doesn't very much. But you have to keep up with the times. I won't touch a platform for someone else before I have figured it out for myself on my own car. I am not a limitless budget shop that can buy a new car every year and figure things out while writing it off as a tax deduction so it takes me a little while to catch up. I will say that the LT motor is leaps and bounds better than the LS platform. The computer and the ability to tune them is the only limit right now. I also didn't really see anyone pushing these things and noticed the aftermarket is beyond Corvette tax right now which is ridiculous. I also almost fell over when I saw the sticker price. I could have bought the C7 I helped set the bolt on record with (on pump gas) for the same price. But I had to have rear seats. I figured there was some gains in the stock stuff as usual so I dug in to find them. Now there is an alternative to a 1K manifold. I am working on the exhaust next. Not headers or anything but maybe something cool.

The MSD is not ported. I am going to grab it up and take a look at it to see what can be done inside of it. I have heard there are some gains to be made. If there are, I will find them. I still want this car to get lined out for an apples to apples.
Old 12-16-2016, 05:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
I would consider a converter the same type mod as a clutch. Doesn't really fall within the bolton realm, but who cares what other think. BTW, my buddy Brian has talked with you or/and Tim.. he is planning on going with the flex setup, tune etc.
I can see how you would say the converter and clutch are the same type of mod. Labor wise I agree. Performance wise I don't think they are close. A converter can be worth half a second if done right. A clutch is still a clutch at the end of the day. I am not up on all the terms in here, LBO, MBO, FBO, it almost reminds me of the Supra days of BPU, BPU+++++++++++, APU. You had to know what + meant what. LOL.

I am glad your buddy is getting with Tim. He won't be disappointed at all. He is not going to find a better guy to do his set up.

How far out are you from Sanford. We need to get the cars together at some point. Next time I am heading to the track I will shoot you a PM.

And on to the FTW E85. I think I can get a 5 gal can for $70 at my buddy's place. Is it truly worth it to get my pump "85" pretty low and then add 5 gal of this stuff for the track? I can also get Renegade E85 up the road at $30 for a 5 gal can.

I also didn't notice the brake conversion on that Mustang. I know my guy dropped 150lbs on his V by doing a brake conversion. That is a worth while mod for a track car. I am not sure how my fat girl would like race brakes every day.
Old 12-16-2016, 05:41 AM
Teching In

I busted 5 MT-82's one was built to the hilt it lasted a week. Also busted the Magnum had it built by RPM....been through hell and back with this piece of ****. I bet that A8 is a handful to drive. Lol. Small off the shelf cams and a transmission that slowed me down with many bolt ons left to do. So yes once again I'm LBO with cams.
Old 12-16-2016, 07:19 AM
7 Second Club

Received 316 Likes on 245 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Automagics really do save the GM guys, I'm a bit jelly it wasn't an option for my GT100 and I have to get it done with an M6. lol
Old 12-16-2016, 07:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 466 Likes on 365 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

The only thing hypocrite is defending a $40ish gallon fuel while saying you run e85 because it's cheaper.

I've did back to back runs using the clutch vs not......don't you think i would know the difference smh

Last edited by HioSSilver; 12-16-2016 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-16-2016, 07:58 AM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Yes he is...but claims not.
Originally Posted by sw07gt
No Doug I didn't miss it, 3600+ race weight. So heavier and faster than your car, similar weight any faster than any NA c7, all you all do is whine.
Lets see....I'm in a thread here interested in the great results of the 6gen. Results that no 5br0 has matched mod 4 mod........all you're doin is whining about 5br0s and other peoples cars.
Originally Posted by Pray
I can see how you would say the converter and clutch are the same type of mod. Labor wise I agree. Performance wise I don't think they are close. A converter can be worth half a second if done right. A clutch is still a clutch at the end of the day. I am not up on all the terms in here, LBO, MBO, FBO, it almost reminds me of the Supra days of BPU, BPU+++++++++++, APU. You had to know what + meant what. LOL.

I am glad your buddy is getting with Tim. He won't be disappointed at all. He is not going to find a better guy to do his set up.

How far out are you from Sanford. We need to get the cars together at some point. Next time I am heading to the track I will shoot you a PM.

And on to the FTW E85. I think I can get a 5 gal can for $70 at my buddy's place. Is it truly worth it to get my pump "85" pretty low and then add 5 gal of this stuff for the track? I can also get Renegade E85 up the road at $30 for a 5 gal can.

I also didn't notice the brake conversion on that Mustang. I know my guy dropped 150lbs on his V by doing a brake conversion. That is a worth while mod for a track car. I am not sure how my fat girl would like race brakes every day.
Yea there is a good shot of the front suspension/wheel area on that car. All tube and race breaks. About any time you see 15s on the front of late model cars they have 15s. Likely much lighter than claimed. Notice no shot of interior.

My bet is you run ftw, finish out the tune and do equivalent weight reduction and be right on his *** with everything else stock.

One of their heros picked up .4 on ftw.....or lost .4 goin back to e85. Depending on how you want to look at it.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:03 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Maybe one day the mighty LT1 will catch up to the coyote.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:08 AM
7 Second Club

Received 316 Likes on 245 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by sw07gt
Maybe one day the mighty LT1 will catch up to the coyote.
I doubt it.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
The only thing hypocrite is defending a $40ish gallon fuel while saying you run e85 because it's cheaper.

I've did back to back runs using the clutch vs not......don't you think i would know the difference smh
Umn I said FTW is absolutely ridiculously expensive read back. E85 is cheaper than pump for me by a lot. You know a little bit about LS cars but you are completely clueless about Coyotes.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:55 AM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I very much know thet need a fuel. I very much know most bolt on guys don't mess with ftw unless they have a 5br0. I very much know the fuel they are on don't get mentioned much even in their own fast list thread.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I very much know thet need a fuel. I very much know most bolt on guys don't mess with ftw unless they have a 5br0. I very much know the fuel they are on don't get mentioned much even in their own fast list thread.
Why do they need it? They make more power than you on pump?
Old 12-16-2016, 09:18 AM
Banned

Lmao Br0s still having seizures over LBO 6 gen.

Quick Reply: LBO 16 SS goes 11.0@123